Author Topic: Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years  (Read 10892 times)

Re: Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I will trade any player and any asset for Davis, just not Kyrie or Tatum. Include Tatum in a package for Davis and the Celtics are not winning a championship.

I can’t see how Kyrie/Smart/Hayward/Horrford/Davis with Brown/Morris/Baynes/MLE is not championship caliber.

Because Hayward is not an NBA caliber player
lol

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 08:46:57 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Honest question, lets say it's summer of 2019, and the Pelicans decide to deal AD. The Lakers offer Ingram/Kuzma, Hart, Ball + some future pick (that's what most predictions and Lakers blog have as their "ballpark" trade offer for AD). Can we outbid the Lakers then?

It's tough. I think if they are willing to deal Kuzma instead of Ingram, it's advantage Lakers, but ultimately we'd probably have to deal Tatum in a trade package to make it more enticing for the Pelicans to accept (because honestly I think they'd view Kuzma more highly than Brown, and that's completely understandable). 

I unfortunately don't think Brown + Rozier + Williams(?) +  Kings Pick (Top-6, hopefully) + More Picks + Salary will be better than that hypothetical Lakers package, UNLESS you replace Brown with Tatum in said trade idea  :(

To me, Tatum's untouchable for AD. Let another team give up a ton/overpay for AD if that's the case.
I think you are overrating Tatum.  A 25 year old top 5 player is worth a lot. 

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 08:48:54 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I will trade any player and any asset for Davis, just not Kyrie or Tatum. Include Tatum in a package for Davis and the Celtics are not winning a championship.

I can’t see how Kyrie/Smart/Hayward/Horrford/Davis with Brown/Morris/Baynes/MLE is not championship caliber.

lol

He has a chance to become NBA caliber again, but he will never be the third option on a championship team.

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 08:49:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Honest question, lets say it's summer of 2019, and the Pelicans decide to deal AD. The Lakers offer Ingram/Kuzma, Hart, Ball + some future pick (that's what most predictions and Lakers blog have as their "ballpark" trade offer for AD). Can we outbid the Lakers then?

It's tough. I think if they are willing to deal Kuzma instead of Ingram, it's advantage Lakers, but ultimately we'd probably have to deal Tatum in a trade package to make it more enticing for the Pelicans to accept (because honestly I think they'd view Kuzma more highly than Brown, and that's completely understandable). 

I unfortunately don't think Brown + Rozier + Williams(?) +  Kings Pick (Top-6, hopefully) + More Picks + Salary will be better than that hypothetical Lakers package, UNLESS you replace Brown with Tatum in said trade idea  :(

To me, Tatum's untouchable for AD. Let another team give up a ton/overpay for AD if that's the case.

It's actually insane that AD is only 25 at the moment  :o

Anyways in the original post here I said we'd probably have to trade Tatum in the deal if LAL makes a grand offer for him. Do I want to? Nope. Will Ainge listen to me? Of course not  :P :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 08:53:32 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
If we have to re-sign Kyrie before we could get AD, doesn’t that mean our 4 1sts this year are spent?

And we’d be offering NO players instead of picks in July?

Maybe DA can turn 2-3 picks into future 1sts on draft night when guys slip, to keep AD assets alive.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 08:57:34 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think Kawhi will either resign with Toronto.....its a quiet place he can be the main hero and play good basketball ...get all the glory long as he wants.

or he will go play for Doc Rivers.  He becomes the Lebron of this team as well. Plus he gets all the money, LA lights etc of that city.

Life with Lebron is not all that its cracked up to be.  KLove looked like he was in prison being around Lebron ....any chemistry they had looked fake to me.

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 08:58:14 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

No one is overrating Tatum. It's just that the Celtics are not going to win a title without Tatum playing with Irving and Davis. Tatum cannot be replaced with Hayward. Kyrie and Davis are not good enough to win with no help. There needs to be a third bonafide all-star/all NBA caliber player (that player is not Gordon Hayward or a way past his prime Horford).

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 09:39:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

No one is overrating Tatum. It's just that the Celtics are not going to win a title without Tatum playing with Irving and Davis. Tatum cannot be replaced with Hayward. Kyrie and Davis are not good enough to win with no help. There needs to be a third bonafide all-star/all NBA caliber player (that player is not Gordon Hayward or a way past his prime Horford).
I expect Hayward to be his old self next year. If the trade is Tatum, Smart, Yabu, and Williams and picks. You can re-sign Rozier and Morris and have.

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Horford
Davis

Rozier
Semi
Morris
Baynes
Theis

And then sign a bench shooter/2 guard and add a draftee.

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 09:54:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
DO NOT trade Tatum !

Pelicans will not take any less

Tough choice by Danny (if opportunity is there)

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 10:20:29 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
DO NOT trade Tatum !

Maybe we could substitute Brown for Tatum if the Kings pick ends up #2 or #3. 

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 10:26:53 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

lol

hahaha...cripes he is coming back from a devastating injury, but of course he will never be 'nba-caliber anymore' lol

after xmas ar some point when hayward is more fully recovered this comment won't age well.

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 10:29:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
DO NOT trade Tatum !

Maybe we could substitute Brown for Tatum if the Kings pick ends up #2 or #3.

They would be asking for all three. Here's hoping Hayward goes back into his 15-16 and 16-17 Jazz form.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 10:47:13 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

TP - Thank You Sir
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 11:18:19 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Because Hayward is not an NBA caliber player and Horford is old and declining fast.

I hope you’re trolling, but try harder. Weak attempt. C- only because you got a few of us to bite and respond.

I think Smart's gone in an AD trade, unless Rozier is actually a part of the trade through S&T, but we also have to find a way to get close to AD's salary in a trade.

Probably true, as I don’t think Rozier makes it past the deadline on this team.

I guess it really comes down to our 2019 picks and which we would give up and what their salaries are. Assuming we don’t get a top-6 pick, I’d move any or all.

Something like Tatum/Baynes/Yabu/2 of our selected picks may get us there. Figure a pick in the 10-12 range (MEM pick?) will have a starting salary of ~$3M, brining our outgoing total to slightly under $20M, while Davis’ incoming would be a shade under $27.1M. If my math is correct, I believe we would need about another $1.9M to be a legal trade, again, depending on what pick we get and that salary. Another mid-first may do it, or Semi.

Or to make things more feasible, we may see Ainge use the MLE on a guy this season and give him some sort of multi-year deal that would give us enough salary in a trade. Danny is creative, so I’m sure he could make it work. Or trade Rozier for a guy making more with an extra year, and use that salary.

Plenty of options to get it done without having to use Smart.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 11:23:33 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Eh, he has the potential to be a great player in the near future, maybe even a perennial all-star and all-nba player. But Davis IS all that already. He’s a legit top-5 player and MVP candidate.

Can we expect much more of Tatum than what AD already is? Yes he is younger, but we could still have all of AD’s prime, which fits much better with our core and timeline.
CELTICS 2024