Author Topic: Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years  (Read 10909 times)

Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years
« on: November 27, 2018, 05:10:34 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Re: Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 05:19:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I dont think this is fake

woj has also reported that Davis is a trade target for both Lakers and Celtics. Pretty interesting that the rivalry has come down to a potential bidding war between the 2 teams. I wonder If whoever wins the eventual auction will pull away in title count

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 06:27:50 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Believable, but like I’ve been saying: if NOP can keep him happy past the deadline in February, he will be a Celtic. Honestly, if he’s there through the end of the season, I’d start calling Dell Demps pre-draft to see who they like with our picks as part of the trade.

Once we can legally trade for him, Ainge will put together a Godfather offer. Only issue I could see is matching salaries, but I’m sure they will find a way if the crux is worked out (I feel Yabu’s option was picked up for extra, expiring salary).

Truth is, nobody can match what we can offer without absolutely decimating their roster. Whatever we give up, we’d still have Irving, Hayward, and Horford, and some.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Believable, but like I’ve been saying: if NOP can keep him happy past the deadline in February, he will be a Celtic. Honestly, if he’s there through the end of the season, I’d start calling Dell Demps pre-draft to see who they like with our picks as part of the trade.

Once we can legally trade for him, Ainge will put together a Godfather offer. Only issue I could see is matching salaries, but I’m sure they will find a way if the crux is worked out (I feel Yabu’s option was picked up for extra, expiring salary).

Truth is, nobody can match what we can offer without absolutely decimating their roster. Whatever we give up, we’d still have Irving, Hayward, and Horford, and some.
Tatum, Smart and picks will work just fine. Throwing in Williams will probably seal it as done.

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 07:06:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’m sure 29 franchises have attempted to trade for Davis “for years”.

I doubt very much that Demps has been exchanging offers for years. I mean, how many current Lakers have been on the roster “for years”?

But, Sheridan is generally full of crap, and any reporting that Davis might be traded to Boston this season is full of uninformed crap.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 07:11:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Tatum, Smart and picks will work just fine. Throwing in Williams will probably seal it as done.

I think we’d have to do the trade after July 1, using next year’ssalaries. We’d have to come up with just over $22 million, I think. (“Matching” trades need to be within $5 million at that salary range I think).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 07:54:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think we’d have to do the trade after July 1, using next year’ssalaries. We’d have to come up with just over $22 million, I think. (“Matching” trades need to be within $5 million at that salary range I think).
Then throw Yabu in and it works

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 08:06:39 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Don't see any reason that NOP would try to trade Davis in season.  There would be more feasible suitors in the offseason plus they'd know where every team's 2019 draft picks actually land. 

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 08:15:46 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
DO NOT trade Tatum !
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 08:17:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Honest question, lets say it's summer of 2019, and the Pelicans decide to deal AD. The Lakers offer Ingram/Kuzma, Hart, Ball + some future pick (that's what most predictions and Lakers blog have as their "ballpark" trade offer for AD). Can we outbid the Lakers then?

It's tough. I think if they are willing to deal Kuzma instead of Ingram, it's advantage Lakers, but ultimately we'd probably have to deal Tatum in a trade package to make it more enticing for the Pelicans to accept (because honestly I think they'd view Kuzma more highly than Brown, and that's completely understandable). 

I unfortunately don't think Brown + Rozier + Williams(?) +  Kings Pick (Top-6, hopefully) + More Picks + Salary will be better than that hypothetical Lakers package, UNLESS you replace Brown with Tatum in said trade idea  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 08:24:04 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I will trade any player and any asset for Davis, just not Kyrie or Tatum. Include Tatum in a package for Davis and the Celtics are not winning a championship.

Brown, Hayward, King's pick, Grizzlies pick would be my best offer, and I'm not so sure other teams can't beat that.

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 08:29:01 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I will trade any player and any asset for Davis, just not Kyrie or Tatum. Include Tatum in a package for Davis and the Celtics are not winning a championship.

I can’t see how Kyrie/Smart/Hayward/Horrford/Davis with Brown/Morris/Baynes/MLE is not championship caliber.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 08:32:24 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

I can’t see how Kyrie/Smart/Hayward/Horrford/Davis with Brown/Morris/Baynes/MLE is not championship caliber.

Because Hayward is not an NBA caliber player and Horford is old and declining fast.

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 08:33:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I think Smart's gone in an AD trade, unless Rozier is actually a part of the trade through S&T, but we also have to find a way to get close to AD's salary in a trade.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 08:39:51 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Honest question, lets say it's summer of 2019, and the Pelicans decide to deal AD. The Lakers offer Ingram/Kuzma, Hart, Ball + some future pick (that's what most predictions and Lakers blog have as their "ballpark" trade offer for AD). Can we outbid the Lakers then?

It's tough. I think if they are willing to deal Kuzma instead of Ingram, it's advantage Lakers, but ultimately we'd probably have to deal Tatum in a trade package to make it more enticing for the Pelicans to accept (because honestly I think they'd view Kuzma more highly than Brown, and that's completely understandable). 

I unfortunately don't think Brown + Rozier + Williams(?) +  Kings Pick (Top-6, hopefully) + More Picks + Salary will be better than that hypothetical Lakers package, UNLESS you replace Brown with Tatum in said trade idea  :(

To me, Tatum's untouchable for AD. Let another team give up a ton/overpay for AD if that's the case.