Author Topic: Cousins to Lakers - Woj  (Read 4112 times)

Re: Cousins to Lakers - Woj
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 03:24:08 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Los Angeles Pelicans.

Plus LeBron James.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 03:26:50 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
2.3M Minimum:

Quote from: Woj
Agent Jeff Schwartz of Excel Sports told ESPN that Cousins' deal is worth $2.3 million. Salary cap space limited Cousins to accepting a veteran's minimum with the Lakers.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27134148/lakers-agree-cousins-bring-back-rondo

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 03:29:13 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Lakers need to go to G league and find the best shooters in that league not under contract.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 03:29:46 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Popping my head in...After the disaster that happened last night for my team, I think Rob has actually done a pretty decent job at filling out the roster. Boogie and Rondo both got vet mins, so we still have a chunk to spend on other players (i.e. Avery or Morris). Going to be pretty [dang] interesting.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2019, 03:35:10 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Popping my head in...After the disaster that happened last night for my team, I think Rob has actually done a pretty decent job at filling out the roster. Boogie and Rondo both got vet mins, so we still have a chunk to spend on other players (i.e. Avery or Morris). Going to be pretty [dang] interesting.
Is it confirmed they got vet minimum? Sounds crazy the warriors wouldn’t bring cousins back if he’s that cheap

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Is it confirmed they got vet minimum? Sounds crazy the warriors wouldn’t bring cousins back if he’s that cheap

Cousins at minimum is confirmed by Woj

Rondo confirmed too, minimum https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1147584653349380096?s=21

Edit: Woj now says Cousins signed for $3.5M https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1147594055716614145
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 04:16:47 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2019, 03:49:10 PM »

Offline $Mike$

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
1 year for around $2.5 and hasn't had locker room issues in years..I hope Celtics don't regret passing on Boogie...

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 03:50:57 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

Cousins at minimum is confirmed by Woj

Rondo confirmed too, minimum https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1147584653349380096?s=21

unfortunately, both of these are really good signings by the Lakers.  Cousins isn't what he used to be, but if he can be 75% next to AD it makes a lot of sense.

I hate Rondo just resigning up to be with Lebron.  I don't know what other choices he had, but it still irks me.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 04:00:39 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Boogie deal worth $3.5 mil now.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 04:17:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
1 year for around $2.5 and hasn't had locker room issues in years..I hope Celtics don't regret passing on Boogie...

basketball on court , yes they will..he d been a good player ....but they...Boston  have other criteria than LAL...where any thug or personality goes if it means winning ....the coaches are fired nd blamed forveverything ...not the players .   The object in Boston is protect the coach first.....two diffetent philosophies .  This makes LAL easily unlike able to me .

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 04:27:28 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Just another big man for a team figured to be in contention. The Lakers filled their roster fast after the Leonard  announcement. Funny how power teams like the Lakers don't worry about perceived drama issues. They love being in the spotlight.

The Celtics will have trouble contending without a big up front. Kanter isn't enough. The other good teams are loaded with bigs. One of those 7 foot kids will have to come up big.

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 04:31:49 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

It's ironic that Ainge rejects  signing players for perceived drama issues, and then  winds up with the no.1 underachieving drama team in the league last year.

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 04:36:57 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
Boogie deal worth $3.5 mil now.
Don’t understand why are they so stingy with boogie? If they can offer him $5-8M why try to bring down his paycheck it’s not like they can spend the cap on anything better than minimum players

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 04:38:58 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell

It's ironic that Ainge rejects  signing players for perceived drama issues, and then  winds up with the no.1 underachieving drama team in the league last year.
Makes no sense I agree

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 06:00:30 PM »

Offline Th3M2n

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Just another big man for a team figured to be in contention. The Lakers filled their roster fast after the Leonard  announcement. Funny how power teams like the Lakers don't worry about perceived drama issues. They love being in the spotlight.

The Celtics will have trouble contending without a big up front. Kanter isn't enough. The other good teams are loaded with bigs. One of those 7 foot kids will have to come up big.

Yeah its worked so well for this “power” team with all the titles they’ve won recently....oh wait