Author Topic: Windhorst: Pelicans sabotaged the Lakers as revenge for tampering  (Read 2632 times)

Re: Windhorst: Pelicans sabotaged the Lakers as revenge for tampering
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 10:20:01 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
The Rich Paul-Lebron-AD move through the media is a little obnoxious. I think this is a learning lesson for them. Yes, we get that Lebron is the man and can part the Red Sea. AD should publicly say that he's happy to play out his contract and let the Pelicans get value for him. There's no need for him to skip town on bad terms. I think he's going to the Lakers, but now the Pelicans are less inclined to give him what he wants.

Tampering exists, no need to hide from it. It's driven more through the players talking with each other than through traditional GM/administrators. They'd have to prevent Lebron from inviting AD over to one of his nice houses in LA.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 10:59:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Lakers shouldn't have started off with those low ball offers and they shouldn't have waited for the Pels to respond.  They needed to be really aggressive from the very start to get the deal done even if they overpaid to do it. 

Kind of hard to overpay when you don't even possess the assets to give 'fair value'.
Except the Pelicans told them what it would take and they never bothered to get there. 

The Pels were clearly doing nothing but trolling the Lakers.  They never had any intention of accepting the Lakers riff raff.
Except they gave them a counter which the Lakers didn't accept.  Why bother to give them a counter if they were just trolling because what happens if the Lakers actually accept it?  All credibility is lost then and Benson might as well have just fired Demps.

I doubt anyone involved in the Pels front office cares what the Lakers think about their credibility.  It's highly unlikely any of the other GMs are concerned.  They're probably all secretly applauding the Pels for screwing with the Lakers.
you missed my point. The Pelicans made an offer to the Lakers. Had the Lakers accepted it and then the Pelicans reneged it would have affected the Pelicans credibility a great deal.  The Lakers never accepted the offer though
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 11:02:22 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
The Lakers shouldn't have started off with those low ball offers and they shouldn't have waited for the Pels to respond.  They needed to be really aggressive from the very start to get the deal done even if they overpaid to do it. 

Kind of hard to overpay when you don't even possess the assets to give 'fair value'.
Except the Pelicans told them what it would take and they never bothered to get there. 

The Pels were clearly doing nothing but trolling the Lakers.  They never had any intention of accepting the Lakers riff raff.
Except they gave them a counter which the Lakers didn't accept.  Why bother to give them a counter if they were just trolling because what happens if the Lakers actually accept it?  All credibility is lost then and Benson might as well have just fired Demps.

I doubt anyone involved in the Pels front office cares what the Lakers think about their credibility.  It's highly unlikely any of the other GMs are concerned.  They're probably all secretly applauding the Pels for screwing with the Lakers.
you missed my point. The Pelicans made an offer to the Lakers. Had the Lakers accepted it and then the Pelicans reneged it would have affected the Pelicans credibility a great deal.  The Lakers never accepted the offer though

I'm calling BS on this.

Even if it played out that way, I guarantee you no other team in the league would care.  They'd be slapping fives with each other.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 06:09:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I'm calling BS on this.

Even if it played out that way, I guarantee you no other team in the league would care.  They'd be slapping fives with each other.
That is just nonsense.  You can't reneg on deals and not have it affect your team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 06:29:05 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
His loyalty to Lebron is disgusting.
I developed an allergy due to Windhorse "the LeBrown noser".
I am allergic to him.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2019, 06:59:22 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Windhorst might as well be on LeBron's payroll

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2019, 07:20:58 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
When I first heard this, I laughed and thought, "Good, the Lakers get what they deserve."

The more I think about how this has all gone down and that this is Windhorst, the more I think it's baloney and it's Rich Paul and the Lakers trying to put out a sour grapes, "We didn't lose, they were cheating us," narrative. They're the NBA equivalent of an angry child losing at a video game and screaming, "This controller is busted!"
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008