Author Topic: Fultz gets traded for some undrafted magic player  (Read 1836 times)

Fultz gets traded for some undrafted magic player
« on: February 07, 2019, 04:28:29 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
That means the 76ers really received an undrafted guy in exchange what may be the core trade package for Anthony  Davis (tatum+picks)

Re: Fultz gets traded for some undrafted magic player
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 04:34:29 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

That means the 76ers really received an undrafted guy in exchange what may be the core trade package for Anthony  Davis (tatum+picks)

Yea Simmons has been one of the worst players in the league since he left the spurs. The first rounder they got is from OKC and top 20 twenty protected. An incredible fall from grace in 18 months since the draft...

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Simmons is a solid player. Sure, it's horrible for what Fultz was suppose to be but this is real life, good GMing is moving on from a mistake when you have bigger fish to fry! Honestly, sixers have done a great job this season. Already at this position in such a short time. Cred where it's due, they didn't care to keep crying over spoiled milk.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 04:38:29 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Yea Simmons has been one of the worst players in the league since he left the spurs. The first rounder they got is from OKC and top 20 twenty protected. An incredible fall from grace in 18 months since the draft...

He can go back to being one of the guys, instead of trying to live up to the money and expectations. I think this was a good move considering.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 04:40:46 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Simmons is a solid player. Sure, it's horrible for what Fultz was suppose to be but this is real life, good GMing is moving on from a mistake when you have bigger fish to fry! Honestly, sixers have done a great job this season. Already at this position in such a short time. Cred where it's due, they didn't care to keep crying over spoiled milk.

Where are you are getting that Simmons is a solid player? He shoots 36% from the field, 22% from 3 and has a turnover and a half in 20 minutes of playing time. He is literally one of the worst players in the entire league that gets any playing time. His OBpM is -4.9 his BPM is -5.7. Please take back that comment it is hurting my eyes by how wrong it is.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 04:46:42 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Coincidence that his last name is also Simmons and he’s a poor perimeter shooter too.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 04:53:36 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Where are you are getting that Simmons is a solid player? He shoots 36% from the field, 22% from 3 and has a turnover and a half in 20 minutes of playing time. He is literally one of the worst players in the entire league that gets any playing time. His OBpM is -4.9 his BPM is -5.7. Please take back that comment it is hurting my eyes by how wrong it is.

I would have thought they would have to send out assets to get out from under his contract. An expiring and low picks looks like a good haul to me. If they keep their new big 4, they will need to fill out the roster with cheap talent.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 04:53:42 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
This was probably the best offer that they could have reasonably gotten at this point. A first round pick for a guy who I view as not even a rotational player in the NBA is actually not a bad deal.

Unfortunately for the Magic, they're going to figure out very quickly that he's unplayable.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 05:12:05 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

What's interesting is that the Lakers could have had the Davis deal done now too.  Let's not forget that they drafted Ball over Tatum.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 05:17:34 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

What's interesting is that the Lakers could have had the Davis deal done now too.  Let's not forget that they drafted Ball over Tatum.
Let's take a moment to appreciate the manipulative genius of Danny Ainge. He has been pulling rabbits out of his hat for the past 6 years. It's crazy how he played the Lakers and Sixers in getting Tatum. Why were the Lakers so keen on Ball anyway?

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 05:27:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Sounded like they just wanted to be done with him and his camp .  And move on down the road .  Wow they were patient . More than i would have been

Tatum had stud stamped on his forehead .

But if you loose every season on purpose and treat your fan like that is no good  too. , i. not buying tickets for that .  The end does not justify the means .  NBA s fault for letting tanking repeaters lotto pick , do it again next year.   You can tank.  but your pick starts at 30 .

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 05:28:31 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

Let's take a moment to appreciate the manipulative genius of Danny Ainge. He has been pulling rabbits out of his hat for the past 6 years. It's crazy how he played the Lakers and Sixers in getting Tatum. Why were the Lakers so keen on Ball anyway?

Unbelievable what Ainge did (also with a little bit of luck).  Tatum has ascended almost into the player that Hayward was supposed to be for Boston.  I would not give Tatum up for Davis straight up, unless there is an assurance that Davis is staying long term.

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 05:31:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Unbelievable what Ainge did (also with a little bit of luck).  Tatum has ascended almost into the player that Hayward was supposed to be for Boston.  I would not give Tatum up for Davis straight up, unless there is an assurance that Davis is staying long term.

Tatum is gonna be a star . 

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 05:33:49 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Hope Fultz finds himself as a player and more importantly has breathing room to grow as a person. All of Celtics nation should wish him the best.

With that said: the way his situation was handled, by the organization and others around him, was disgraceful.

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 06:01:49 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Like I said, when he won't have expectations and can go back to role-player, he will be fine. He's not as bad as he's been in Orlando.