Author Topic: Outburst by Durant  (Read 853 times)

Outburst by Durant
« on: February 07, 2019, 08:46:10 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ml8cEGPwhw&

I haven't see a lot of national media twist Durant's words. I've seen conjecture. What I have seen is the national media twisting Kyrie's words. I think this frustration from Durant extends not only from his experience, but from the experience of his friend, Kyrie. He stopped talking to the media a while ago, not when the Knicks trade happened, but when all the conjecture came out about Kyrie.

Re: Outburst by Durant
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 09:27:06 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
The outburst doesn't bother me. I am also really bothered by how the sports media, and media at large, prioritizes drama and conflict over information and I think you're right that Durant is reacting to stories not just about himself but also his buddies.

That said, it never ceases to amaze how much the people who claim to not care what other people think about them, care about what other people think about them. You know who actually didn't care? Tim Duncan. All of these players who say things like, "Whatever, it doesn't bother me..." and then go on a defensive diatribe about the thing that supposedly doesn't bother them need to find some way to gain some self awareness.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 06:16:22 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I saw the outburst. He was just tired of the lies and faceless embellishments that the media uses to report the sports news.

If there isn't a story, it's simple...they invent one.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 06:14:54 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
The questions were reasonable questions and Durant acted like a giant baby, a prick, and **** of epic proportions.  He specifically called out reporters by name, he went off on them for asking normal reasonable questions, and then he just stormed off when someone asked a question that he just went a diatribe about not being asked.  There is no other way to reasonably read that whole turn of events, other than Durant is just a prick. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 07:01:23 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The questions were reasonable questions and Durant acted like a giant baby, a prick, and **** of epic proportions.  He specifically called out reporters by name, he went off on them for asking normal reasonable questions, and then he just stormed off when someone asked a question that he just went a diatribe about not being asked.  There is no other way to reasonably read that whole turn of events, other than Durant is just a prick.

Perhaps, he is a Pres. Donald Trump fan?