Author Topic: Durant gives media a tonguelashing in GSW:SA postgame interview  (Read 2468 times)

Re: Durant gives media a tonguelashing in GSW:SA postgame interview
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 09:21:18 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Shut up, Kevin. Easily the most unlikable Athlete of the 21st century. I respect what Tim Donaghy has done for the game more than what Durant has done.

Yup. One has won 2 NBA titles (with more likely on the way), the other has spent time in the slammer.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 09:33:08 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Blame goes to media.  They stir the pot then we have clowns on the message board that continue to give the media fuel by taking what they say as gospel.  Welcome to sheep culture.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 09:39:26 AM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
I might be in the minority but I have no issue with what KD did or said (and is still my favorite non-Celtic player.)

People (the media) have invented this notion that he's NY bound when he's never once said anything close to support that.

Not to mention this causes distractions for him and his teammates.

I am also surprised more people aren't annoyed with the media instead of what Durant said. It's quite obvious alot of reporters who cover the NBA are really trying to hype the Lakers and Knicks back into relevancy and in the meantime cause a distraction for other teams (Celtics, Warriors, Pelicans, etc.)

If it's game related, then players should feel obliged to speak. If it's senseless rumors regarding a player going to another team next season, the player has no commitment to dignify it with a response.
Nothing to add. TP. With ya, Holmes.
Double TP - totally agree. Durant just shamed the low hanging fruit media. The state of the media is a joke - when will they return to giving us information? I’m sick of fabricated drama and opinion based “facts.”

He said it best - “who are you? How do you help me do my job?” These media members are nothing without Durant, he is still a top 5 basketball player without them. Sure, make an economic argument relative to the value of the media, but you won’t convince me it is ethically or morally appropriate to flat out lie and deceive.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 09:42:30 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Think both the media & Durant are at shared fault here.

I can understand Durant's frustration with the media twisting things and presenting complete speculation or creating narratives that are presented as fact.   That seems to be all too true the case in today's media.

At the same time, the media has a job.  Durant taking these shorter deals has created this juicy topic of "What will Kevin do?  Where will Kevin go?".  That's the nature of the business when you're approaching free agency.  KD has brought that spotlight upon himself and now he's upset that the media keeps bringing it up.  He seems pretty thin-skinned in that regard and not handling it well. I have to imagine he would really struggle with the media in NY or BOS if he ever ended up in one of those cities. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 09:42:48 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I might be in the minority but I have no issue with what KD did or said (and is still my favorite non-Celtic player.)

People (the media) have invented this notion that he's NY bound when he's never once said anything close to support that.

Not to mention this causes distractions for him and his teammates.

I am also surprised more people aren't annoyed with the media instead of what Durant said. It's quite obvious alot of reporters who cover the NBA are really trying to hype the Lakers and Knicks back into relevancy and in the meantime cause a distraction for other teams (Celtics, Warriors, Pelicans, etc.)

If it's game related, then players should feel obliged to speak. If it's senseless rumors regarding a player going to another team next season, the player has no commitment to dignify it with a response.
Nothing to add. TP. With ya, Holmes.
Double TP - totally agree. Durant just shamed the low hanging fruit media. The state of the media is a joke - when will they return to giving us information? I’m sick of fabricated drama and opinion based “facts.”

He said it best - “who are you? How do you help me do my job?” These media members are nothing without Durant, he is still a top 5 basketball player without them. Sure, make an economic argument but you won’t convince me it is ethically or morally appropriate to flat out lie and deceive.

Triple TP. I applaud Durant for this. Wish Kyrie could do the same soon and maybe others too. Fight back!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 10:03:50 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I can understand Durant's frustration with the media twisting things and presenting complete speculation or creating narratives that are presented as fact.   That seems to be all too true the case in today's media.

At the same time, the media has a job.  Durant taking these shorter deals has created this juicy topic of "What will Kevin do?  Where will Kevin go?".  That's the nature of the business when you're approaching free agency.  KD has brought that spotlight upon himself and now he's upset that the media keeps bringing it up.  He seems pretty thin-skinned in that regard and not handling it well. I have to imagine he would really struggle with the media in NY or BOS if he ever ended up in one of those cities.

Of course, he’s signed these one-year deals at less than max money so his team can continue to keep and bring in other free agents, not to create drama for himself.  It’s not like LeBron and his 1-year max deals.

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2019, 10:08:48 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Of course, he’s signed these one-year deals at less than max money so his team can continue to keep and bring in other free agents, not to create drama for himself.  It’s not like LeBron and his 1-year max deals.

True.  But a side effect of signing these short deals (whether he likes it or not) is that it opens him up to speculation of whether he's staying or leaving.    That's a narrative that the sports media gobbles up everytime.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 01:24:50 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Good for him - he's right and the media, in my opinion, is mostly a bunch of scumbags dwelling on the bottom of the riverbed eating others' sh*t.

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 01:29:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

exactly. Kevin durants move will change the face of the nba. Its the most important move.

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 01:33:40 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I've been saying all along he probably resigns. It always seemed unlikely he would sign with a clown organization like the Knicks. Sounds like he is digging in with an "us against the world" mentality.

Which is at least partially justified. Media shills for the nation's two biggest markets - NY and LA - are actively working to destabilize his locker room.

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 01:57:59 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
I have absolutely no problem with this and I sympathize with what players like Durant and Kyrie are experiencing.

This is a clickbait-driven age that is pushing members of the media to manufacture controversy and intrigue out of thin air. When the players comment, those comments get twisted, dissected to death, and recklessly interpreted. When they don't comment, those same members of the media publicly conjecture that there must be something wrong, and there's an issue lingering under the surface that the player is required to reveal.

It's been really bad this year and I'm not surprised that KD and Irving have reacted the way they have.

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 01:59:37 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Media shills for the nation's two biggest markets - NY and LA - are actively working to destabilize his locker room.

Exactly. The journalists and other talking heads know they are being manipulated by the forces trying to tear certain locker rooms apart (including the Celtics). But they don't care. Need those clicks! It pays to manufacture controversy, or at least take a spark and turn it into a conflagration.

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 02:48:48 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Good for KD, he's right.