Author Topic: Durant gives media a tonguelashing in GSW:SA postgame interview  (Read 2470 times)

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
He's not messing around. Guess he didn't like the fact that his self-imposed media blackout was spun as evidence he wanted to leave GS or that he was angling for a move to NY.

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1093394751171158016

EDIT: and this is the end of it, where he gets up and walks away in a huff

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1093403361871872001

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 02:04:00 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Durant gives media a tonguelashing in GSW:SA postgame interview
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 01:52:11 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Unprofessional and childish

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 01:53:00 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Shut up, Kevin. Easily the most unlikable Athlete of the 21st century. I respect what Tim Donaghy has done for the game more than what Durant has done.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 01:55:17 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
These guys shouldn't get so annoyed at the media, it's what drives interest in the league and ultimately brings more money into the NBA ie: players get payed.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 01:57:08 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
These guys shouldn't get so annoyed at the media, it's what drives interest in the league and ultimately brings more money into the NBA ie: players get payed.
they don't understand that simple logic. That's the funny part.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 02:00:55 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White

Kyrie's interview was very tame compared to this one though, he really threw the toys out of the crib.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 02:04:26 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
I added the end of the interview where he gets up in a huff and leaves...hilarious  :laugh: :laugh:

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 02:04:43 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
most unlikable athletes in any sport.   paid beyond their wildest dreams and still come off as entitled jerks.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 02:17:12 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I might be in the minority but I have no issue with what KD did or said (and is still my favorite non-Celtic player.)

People (the media) have invented this notion that he's NY bound when he's never once said anything close to support that.

Not to mention this causes distractions for him and his teammates.

I am also surprised more people aren't annoyed with the media instead of what Durant said. It's quite obvious alot of reporters who cover the NBA are really trying to hype the Lakers and Knicks back into relevancy and in the meantime cause a distraction for other teams (Celtics, Warriors, Pelicans, etc.)

If it's game related, then players should feel obliged to speak. If it's senseless rumors regarding a player going to another team next season, the player has no commitment to dignify it with a response.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 02:34:59 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
I might be in the minority but I have no issue with what KD did or said (and is still my favorite non-Celtic player.)

People (the media) have invented this notion that he's NY bound when he's never once said anything close to support that.

I am also surprised more people aren't annoyed with the media instead of what Durant said. It's quite obvious alot of reporters who cover the NBA are really trying to hype the Lakers and Knicks back into relevancy and in the meantime cause a distraction for other teams (Celtics, Warriors, Pelicans, etc.)

If it's game related, then players should feel obliged to speak. If it's senseless rumors regarding a player going to another team next season, the player has no commitment to dignify it with a response.

We only get annoyed with the media when it's harassing our players like Kyrie :angel:

We live in a clickbait, social media-driven, 24 hours news cycle unfortunately. The days of sports reporters covering their beat, writing about the team, breaking legitimate news, winning Pulitzers is long gone. In fact it's not just sports, it's everything that is deemed to be in the public interest. We have cable hosts that have to fill 24 hours of programming, and websites that need to fill pages and pages of content, and reporters who need to keep getting likes on Twitter to keep their jobs, so instead of just reporting facts they are pushing narratives to get more eyeballs/ears/fingers on them.

On the flip side though this is the price professional athletes, as public figures, pay. It's no longer just "basketball is my job" they're now part of a billion dollar ecosystem that they benefit from, that benefits from media attention. The smart ones learn to control the media instead of letting the media control them. Like LeBum - master at controlling and manipulating the media. Or Steph, I'm trying to think if there's ever been anything bad written about Steph other than the mouthguard thing.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 03:50:26 AM »

Kiorrik

Nothing to add. TP. With ya, Holmes.

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 06:21:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

Come on he ignored the media for weeks.  He hasn't ever really answered the question on what he might do in the summer.  I'm surprised he didn't send out a fake Kevin Durant for this rant.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 06:23:42 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Sources say that Durant amd Davis are both getting very angry about made up media stories and want to do something against any narrative that has recently been stated for either.

Both are said to want to wear celtic green next season. They both reportedly love the idea of, along with Irving, playing with Marcus Smart.

True story.

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 06:27:20 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
And I love Durant doing that

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 06:29:08 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Durant is unlikable but I don't blame the players for their frustration with the social media culture surrounding today's NBA.  We have reached a point where no star player is allowed to be unsure of their future without rumors seeping into locker rooms.  Hopefully the players understand that LeBron James is the main catalyst (directly and indirectly) for most of the speculation.  KD alluded to this in an interview a few months.