Author Topic: Shams: Markieff Morris to Pels  (Read 956 times)

Shams: Markieff Morris to Pels
« on: February 07, 2019, 12:54:08 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Does this mean that maybe brother Marcus might be headed that way in the postseason?  :o

I doubt it, but he's always said he wanted to play with his brother.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1093361595709825024

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Shams: Markieff Morris to Pels
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 12:56:17 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Markieff  is an upcoming free agent

But if he stays thats good

Does new Orleans anticipate they may receive Marcus morris in a trade package ?  Did the morris twins play well together in their phoenix time?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 01:13:26 AM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 01:13:57 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Are most of these trades just about money?

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 01:46:40 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Markieff  is an upcoming free agent

But if he stays thats good

Does new Orleans anticipate they may receive Marcus morris in a trade package ?  Did the morris twins play well together in their phoenix time?

I was more thinking that Morris might go there after this season since he is up for free agency as well.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 01:51:41 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Wow, NO pretty much paid for a 2023 second rounder in exchange for salary cap relief

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 08:15:48 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think Markieff Morris is a guy who has been hurt by the changes in the style of play in the NBA over the last few years. He was playing well and looking like a poor man's David West in Phoenix. So well-rounded on offense. Post game, midrange game, could drive, could shoot from outside, solid passer. Total package. Not great at anything but good at everything.

Then the PF position began to disappear. Now teams play with 2 SFs instead of a PF. So he is matched up against quicker more dynamic forwards. Players who are usually more skillful ball-handlers and outside shooters. Meanwhile, Markieff gets to play less in the post and midrange and is forced to spend most of his time on the outside. Failing to make use of his offensive versatility. And be defended by quicker defensive forwards who are more comfortable defending guys on the outside. Making it harder for him twice over.

It's a shame. Similar to Kevin Love. A guy whose value has taken a major hit over the last few years. And like Love, I think Markieff is only a bench player at this point and not a particularly good one either. Probably a middle of the pack backup PF.

Like Love, I think whoever pays Markieff money won't get value for their buck. It'll be a mistake they regret. Like Washington here in the cap dump who realize Markieff adds little to their team.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 08:37:21 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I like Markieff. Both he and Marcus seem like the type of guys who want to be happy in a good franchise that's winning. I could see them each taking a discount to play together in the next situation.

That's one of the reasons I think they could sign with the Cs, especially if we do a big 3-four-1 or 4-four-1 trade.