Author Topic: tobias harris to philly in 6 player deal  (Read 14674 times)

Re: tobias harris to philly in 6 player deal
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2019, 08:06:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Philly now has arguably 4 allstars....nd if we really want to keep Irving and have a team that Davis wants to be a part of we need to win games. Philly, Toronto and Bucks are are arguably better than the celtics now and its very possible this team gets bounced in the second round.

When last I looked we still own them.   We are totally in their heads, I would not worry about them.  There is only one ball to go around.   Simmons is not a takeover the game type of star, Embiied wears down every game, Butler is a malcontent and what has Harris ever won?

Take a deep breath it will be ok.....

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2019, 08:07:12 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I cannot see why they would turn that down.

They'd turn it down because they'd be getting just a single lottery pick and one lottery talent.

Maybe they love SGA and think he's a star, but I don't see that package as that great. Now if they jump into the top 4 of the 2019 draft, then their offer looks like it'd get a listen.

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2019, 08:10:11 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Home run for the Clippers, they didn't want to pay Harris a huge FA contract so they got 3 first round picks worth of value for him.

I'm skeptical of Philly as I don't think Harris is a player who will shine as the 4th option on a team plus he's a FA at the end of the year. They spent what was left of their draft capital to get a jump on retaining him in FA and a half season of basketball.

If they trade Jimmy for picks now (because he's indicated he's out this offseason) this trade makes more sense to me.

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2019, 08:11:41 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Good pick up for Philly. I've always thought Tobias Harris was good player. Not quite sure what the Clippers are thinking but this could be good news for our Clippers pick. Now we just need Sacramento to cool off a little bit and for Memphis to continue being bad but not too bad.

Clippers are pushing in on a Davis trade right now.

Expirings, youth and a load of picks they can offer, and still maintain max capspace to add more in offseason.

Gallinari, SGA, Harrell, Miami 2021 unprotected, LAC 2021 unprotected, Philly 2020, philly 2 - second rounders, 2 second rounders from LAC for Davis and Hill

If they dont want the 1 year of Gallinari, they could take Gortat and Bradley instead and still have around 55 mill in capspace. ( i am sure they could make more)

I will be shocked if Davis is not in a clipper uniform by end of week

What? Why would the Pelicans turn down the Lakers deal for this? SGA is the only player worth anything and the picks might very well be mid-late rounders (especially the 2021 LAC one). The Lakers deal is MUCH better and offers NOP several chances at an All-Star - this pretty much guarantees they never get one.

As for the deal, bummer for the Cs. Kings could make playoffs, LAC pick likely won't convey (this year), and the Sixers are better than they were yesterday. Good news is that we wouldn't see them until the ECF, but not psyched for the short term. Has to mean they plan on losing Butler, right?

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2019, 08:13:35 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

They'd turn it down because they'd be getting just a single lottery pick and one lottery talent.

Maybe they love SGA and think he's a star, but I don't see that package as that great. Now if they jump into the top 4 of the 2019 draft, then their offer looks like it'd get a listen.

I would still consider Harrell a lottery level talent, plus SGA is 2 lotto level players, an unprotected first from Miami that will most likely be lotto, the philly first which could be decent if Harris or Butler leave town, plus another first rounder plus 4 second rounders, plus capspace.

Harrell is a very very good young player. SGA looks like a great young prospect as well.

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2019, 08:13:54 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Good pick up for Philly. I've always thought Tobias Harris was good player. Not quite sure what the Clippers are thinking but this could be good news for our Clippers pick. Now we just need Sacramento to cool off a little bit and for Memphis to continue being bad but not too bad.

Expirings, youth and a load of picks they can offer, and still maintain max capspace to add more in offseason.

Gallinari, SGA, Harrell, Miami 2021 unprotected, LAC 2021 unprotected, Philly 2020, philly 2 - second rounders, 2 second rounders from LAC for Davis and Hill

If they dont want the 1 year of Gallinari, they could take Gortat and Bradley instead and still have around 55 mill in capspace. ( i am sure they could make more)

SGA and Harrell are nice young players,  and the only pick I would like is the Miami pick.  They could flip Gallinari for younger players.   I still like what we have to offer more.

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2019, 08:19:39 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

What? Why would the Pelicans turn down the Lakers deal for this? SGA is the only player worth anything and the picks might very well be mid-late rounders (especially the 2021 LAC one). The Lakers deal is MUCH better and offers NOP several chances at an All-Star - this pretty much guarantees they never get one.

As for the deal, bummer for the Cs. Kings could make playoffs, LAC pick likely won't convey (this year), and the Sixers are better than they were yesterday. Good news is that we wouldn't see them until the ECF, but not psyched for the short term. Has to mean they plan on losing Butler, right?

what?????

Kuzma is not better than Harrell (harrell is tops in pretty much every single advanced stat)
Ball wont play in NO, and is not a better prospect than SGA
Ingram? cannot see him ever being an allstar. That is the only part that is in LAL favor as LAC would have expirings as this part of the deal.

and LAL cannot offer the amount or quality of picks.

Whats better an unprotected miami first and philly first?
or 2 LAL first?

IMO comparing the 2 deals

Kuzma< Harrell
Ball << SGA
Ingram >> Expirings
LAC picks >>>LAL Picks

Advantage LAC

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2019, 08:19:49 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Few things:

1. There is only one ball in Philly and 3 guys are going to want to dominate it. Butler/Embeid already at odds about that.

2. Sixers still having a tough time figuring out chemistry for Butler...now throw in Harris late in the game. Could work...could not work.

3. I think it is important that Boston is the 3 seed, with Bucks the one seed and Raptors the 2. You want philly vs the Bucks and Boston v Toronto.

4. Phily's bench still is a huge liability.

What hurts Boston is it drives down the value of those picks. Kings pick is not going to be top 10...prolly will be 15 or worse. Clippers pick looks like it is just going to be a second rounder because the protection of them not making the playoffs keeps it protected. This means Cs most likely will have to deal three numbers ones and Tatum plus more to get AD. Not sure I like that.

Not sure what to think. Think this could be a nice deal for Philly but the max money they want to tie up in Butler and Harris is not where I would spend it.

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2019, 08:21:05 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Only one ball.

I can't see Tobias Harris playing as well in Philly as he has in LAC. Philly do not move the ball well enough to keep him involved in their offense. They are already struggling to keep Embiid, Jimmy Butler and Ben Simmons to work together. Add another high volume offensive threat on top of that? I don't see it.

I don't think they have improved much here. Marginal gains only.

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2019, 08:21:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I would still consider Harrell a lottery level talent, plus SGA is 2 lotto level players, an unprotected first from Miami that will most likely be lotto, the philly first which could be decent if Harris or Butler leave town, plus another first rounder plus 4 second rounders, plus capspace.

Harrell is a very very good young player. SGA looks like a great young prospect as well.
A undersized Cs who command 12 million over 2 years to lottery talent over one half season?

I can't say I agree with your assessment.

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2019, 08:21:49 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

SGA and Harrell are nice young players,  and the only pick I would like is the Miami pick.  They could flip Gallinari for younger players.   I still like what we have to offer more.

BEcause you are a Boston Fan.

We may not have a single lotto pick to offer by time the end of season comes, and Danny most likely will not offer Tatum. He would be a fool to not want to keep a 20 year old future allstar to pair with Irving and Davis....especially when he is a perfect fit for the 2 stars.

Our package will be centered around Brown, filler and potentially NON LOTTO picks.

Right NOW, LAC looks better than what our offer can be.

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2019, 08:23:26 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

A undersized Cs who command 12 million over 2 years to lottery talent over one half season?

He is a lotto level talent, doesnt matter if he is undersized or not, he produces.

And nothing states he stays forever, he is a very solid asset for the pricetag and no doubt easy to move in the offseason if wanted.

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2019, 08:23:47 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Philly has a great core right now

Excellent defense, outside shooting, paint scoring.

Scary team to face right now. Very scary

They are 12th in defensive efficiency and Tobias Harris is a mediocre defender so he is not giving them some big lift defensively either.

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2019, 08:24:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

He is a lotto level talent, doesnt matter if he is undersized or not, he produces.
I have some Ed Davis I'd like to sell you then.

Also some Leon Powe memorabilia.

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2019, 08:28:26 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Philly need to trade Ben Simmons now.

They have a nice trio with Tobias Harris, Jimmy Butler and Embiid. It is Simmons that is the problem. His inability to make a jump-shot is screwing up their halfcourt offense and will wreck their ability to make the most of those three guys.

Trade Ben Simmons and Philly becomes a contender.
Keep Ben Simmons and Philly are nothing more than a midlevel playoff team.