Author Topic: 2010 Olympic Winter Games  (Read 35026 times)

Re: 2010 Olympic Winter Games
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2010, 07:21:51 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
That was very impressive win against Canada. Also because of that win, Canada will have to face Russia in the quarterfinals which also should be a great game. There surely will be a lot of Ovechkin vs Crosby hype.

As a Russia fan, I hope for them to play the US team in the finals.

I've always been on the Ovechkin side of the Ovechkin/Crosby debate.  To me, he's a more complete player and a lot more apt to mix it up.  I know he may be a little rough around the edges but he's pretty likeable to me.

Not sure who I'd pull for in Russia/Canada.  Part of me wants the US-Canada rematch but US-Russia would be a fun one to watch too.  Obviously a lot still needs to happen for all those teams before any of it becomes a reality.  That's the beauty of single elimination but also the risk.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
That was very impressive win against Canada. Also because of that win, Canada will have to face Russia in the quarterfinals which also should be a great game. There surely will be a lot of Ovechkin vs Crosby hype.

I've always been on the Ovechkin side of the Ovechkin/Crosby debate.  To me, he's a more complete player and a lot more apt to mix it up.  I know he may be a little rough around the edges but he's pretty likeable to me.

Not sure who I'd pull for in Russia/Canada.  Part of me wants the US-Canada rematch but US-Russia would be a fun one to watch too.  Obviously a lot still needs to happen for all those teams before any of it becomes a reality.  That's the beauty of single elimination but also the risk.

Don't agree with that at all.  To me Crosby is the better team player, passer, and defender, but Ovechkin has him in scoring even though he is catching up to Ovechkin in that as you can see with the leading NHL scores this year.

For who I would like to face, I would love to face the Canadiens in a rematch but I feel it would be an extremely tough game and that Russia would be easier, but I don't care who we beat, I just want the Gold.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2010, 07:44:59 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Don't agree with that at all.  To me Crosby is the better team player, passer, and defender, but Ovechkin has him in scoring even though he is catching up to Ovechkin in that as you can see with the leading NHL scores this year.

For who I would like to face, I would love to face the Canadiens in a rematch but I feel it would be an extremely tough game and that Russia would be easier, but I don't care who we beat, I just want the Gold.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to denigrate Crosby by any means.  I just like Ovechkin more.  He's a pleasure to watch.

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2010, 07:48:41 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to denigrate Crosby by any means.  I just like Ovechkin more.  He's a pleasure to watch.

No, it is your opinion and it is extremely close between both. 

And watching Ovechkin is great.  At half-time of C's Nuggets on Sunday I put on the Russia game and how about that Ovechkin hit....

Wow!

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2010, 12:19:45 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Pretty good hockey game going on between Latvia & Czech Republic right now.

Latvia was down 2-0 in the 3rd and has faught back to tie it up.  Game is about to head to overtime. 

« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2010, 12:30:13 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Bruins' Krejci with the game-winning goal in OT for Czech Republic. 

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2010, 12:31:58 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Was really hoping Latvia would pull out the huge upset ... guess it wasn't meant to be. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2010, 12:32:49 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Was really hoping Latvia would pull out the huge upset ... guess it wasn't meant to be. ;)

Yeah, I was kinda pulling for Latvia too.

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2010, 12:36:08 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Can't wait for the women's Gold Medal game on Thursday ... US has an awesome team! (Preview of men's Finals?). ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2010, 02:59:34 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Bring the Swiss on again!

« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2010, 04:25:31 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
You gotta be kidding me.  What great luck.

« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2010, 04:28:25 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Jonas Hiller is playing unbelievable.

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2010, 04:45:53 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Finally we scored and I'm praying that shot didn't go in... Even though I think it did.

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Goal!

« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
They're gonna call interference by Kesler there?