Author Topic: Giannis inability to hit the jump shot will unable him to reach elite status  (Read 7602 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I disagree....Lebron couldn't shoot and still doesn't have a reliable jumper and he's become elite.  Same with Westbrook.  Magic had a very good set shot but wasn't what I'd call a GREAT shooter and he's the best PG of all-time.  It all depends on if his jumper becomes just good enough.

Like another poster stated Lebron had a working shot from the start.    It was streaky at best but he went to it from time to time to keep the Ds guessing

You know with Giannis 1) He is not going to shoot the three 2) He is pump faking like crazy, looking around for options 1st, if nothing will shoot something that looks like a jump shot (usually does not go in)

Like Scal has said a few times....Giannis best friend would be a pure PG that could get Giannis going (pnr, lobs).  If you limit Giannis driving ability, this PG can take over in the scoring department for a bit

A pg like Dragic, Mike Conley Jr., Schroeder type would be much better than Bledsoe (poor feel for the game).   Fred VanVleet is a low key but good up and coming pg that fits the description also
Giannis shoots 2 3's a game and has for the last couple of seasons.  He isn't afraid to shoot them and shoots them enough to keep teams honest.  He obviously doesn't hit at a great percentage (just 30.7% this year), but I'd rather have Giannis shooting 2 3's at 30.7% then Marcus Smart shooting over 4.5 3's a game at a worse percentage than Giannis. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip