Author Topic: The Undefeated - Top 12 NCAA NBA Draft Prospects  (Read 2548 times)

The Undefeated - Top 12 NCAA NBA Draft Prospects
« on: November 09, 2017, 11:12:39 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
https://theundefeated.com/features/top-12-ncaa-basketball-players-suited-for-nba-draft/amp/

1 Michael Porter - Missouri
2 Marvin Bagley - Duke
3 Mohamed Bamba - Texas
4 DeAndre Ayton - Arizona
5 Jaren Jackson - Michigan State
6 Miles Bridges - Michigan State
7 Robert Williams - Texas A&M
8 Collin Sexton - Alabama
9 Lonnie Walker - Miami
10 Kevin Knox - Kentucky
11 Wendell Carter - Duke
12 Trevon Duval - Duke
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Re: The Undefeated - Top 12 NCAA NBA Draft Prospects
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 11:36:36 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Here are highlights from preseason games of both Ayton and Bagley.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=INX_7NzznCM&ebc=ANyPxKrYOA68zi4c1c4EJeieesPwLCl-jVpHqMyBHYpLWX0plfg-s75DelzXo13ZyuVrst888KebZFJ1KV7KBK3eJkpaHd4MDQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JaXY_QH3Z3U&ebc=ANyPxKrYOA68zi4c1c4EJeieesPwLCl-jVpHqMyBHYpLWX0plfg-s75DelzXo13ZyuVrst888KebZFJ1KV7KBK3eJkpaHd4MDQ

Ayton looked outstanding while Bagley was mediocre, not that you can take much away from a preseason game against inferior competition.  That said, I'd be elated if the Lakers could gift us Ayton.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 12:13:33 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
How is Bruce Brown not on this list? He’s gonna go late lottery but I’m hoping somehow he ends up on the C’s.  He is the PERFECT Marcus Smart replacement.

Kid is special:  https://youtu.be/CMgnLNJIjwU

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:00:29 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I've been watching film on Ayton and Bamba for a year now, mostly clips but I did see the complete game of their head to head.  Right now I want Ayton but I also like Bamba a lot.  My preference for those two goes back and forth.  Ayton is a little bigger, seems more dynamic and is more aggressive.  Bamba seems more cerebral.  To me Bamba is a more technical player relying on technique more than physical skill, but he has all physical tools too.  I think Stevens may like that type of player since he has only been drafting high IQ players since the James Young experiment.

Just to stir the pot
I'd like to see Danny draft Bamba and give him #4 to complete the disrespect of IT.   :laugh:

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 10:06:03 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
nbadraft.net lists both Al Horford and Al Jefferson as comparison players for Wendell Carter.   ::)
The only thing similar about Horford and Jefferson is the Al. 
Or maybe Wendell can do everything! 

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 05:05:18 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Here are highlights from preseason games of both Ayton and Bagley.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=INX_7NzznCM&ebc=ANyPxKrYOA68zi4c1c4EJeieesPwLCl-jVpHqMyBHYpLWX0plfg-s75DelzXo13ZyuVrst888KebZFJ1KV7KBK3eJkpaHd4MDQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JaXY_QH3Z3U&ebc=ANyPxKrYOA68zi4c1c4EJeieesPwLCl-jVpHqMyBHYpLWX0plfg-s75DelzXo13ZyuVrst888KebZFJ1KV7KBK3eJkpaHd4MDQ

Ayton looked outstanding while Bagley was mediocre, not that you can take much away from a preseason game against inferior competition.  That said, I'd be elated if the Lakers could gift us Ayton.
Meh, Ayton was being marked by guys a foot shorter, every possession was a mismatch. He did what he had to do well but I wouldn't say outstanding.
Bagley looked like a bag of nerves at the start and messed up quite a bit. Once he'd settled down things went his way. He kept getting into the right positions, moved the ball quick and tried to be aggressive so there are a lot of positives there.
As you say though it's just a preseason game. Numbers in college mean little anyway, it's about the fundamentals that the player can translate to NBA level.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 07:46:59 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
The possibility of getting a top 5 pick this year is slim... I think the Lakers pick will be somewhere around 7-10... hopefully I am wrong

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 02:05:21 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
nbadraft.net lists both Al Horford and Al Jefferson as comparison players for Wendell Carter.   ::)
The only thing similar about Horford and Jefferson is the Al. 
Or maybe Wendell can do everything!
i haven’t seen too much of Wendell but I like the horford comparison better than the Jefferson one. Wendell is a good passer

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 02:05:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The possibility of getting a top 5 pick this year is slim... I think the Lakers pick will be somewhere around 7-10... hopefully I am wrong
theres still a chance. Meaning Danny will be scouting these guys as we will too

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Lakers are a bad team and one that has no reason to intentionally sit their young guys at any point this season.  They will finish with a bottom 5 record, now whether or not that translates to a pick in the 2-5 range is an entirely different question.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
How is Bruce Brown not on this list? He’s gonna go late lottery but I’m hoping somehow he ends up on the C’s.  He is the PERFECT Marcus Smart replacement.

Kid is special:  https://youtu.be/CMgnLNJIjwU
Bruce Brown is likely an end of first round prospect right now.

Are you a relative or friend, since he's from Boston? Not sure who would think he's a lottery candidate. I know I don't. This class is too deep in the top 6 or so and then about 10 other better prospects than Brown. I'll take him at the end of the first though :)