Author Topic: Willie Cauley-Stein?  (Read 4029 times)

Willie Cauley-Stein?
« on: June 18, 2019, 10:18:59 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
He's a RFA assuming the Kings make the qualifying offer by June 30. 25 years old, going into year 5. Certainly far from perfect - a little scoping around some Kings sources tells me he's inconsistent and can follow great nights with lousy ones. He's long, bouncy, can rebound and finish, etc... worth a flyer, or we'd rather spend money elsewhere and hope Time Lord can be 80% of that in Year 2?
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

Re: Willie Cauley-Stein?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 10:23:05 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
He's a RFA assuming the Kings make the qualifying offer by June 30. 25 years old, going into year 5. Certainly far from perfect - a little scoping around some Kings sources tells me he's inconsistent and can follow great nights with lousy ones. He's long, bouncy, can rebound and finish, etc... worth a flyer, or we'd rather spend money elsewhere and hope Time Lord can be 80% of that in Year 2?

Williams can bring what WCS brings.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 10:23:34 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If the Kings give him his QO, I highly doubt we can sign him.  His QO is $6.3 million.  The most we can offer him in year 1 is $8.9 million.  At that difference, the Kings probably match our offer sheet if we can even convince him to sign it, as opposed to waiting for unrestricted free agency in a year.

If the Kings don’t give him the QO I am interested.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 10:26:20 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
If the Kings give him his QO, I highly doubt we can sign him.  His QO is $6.3 million.  The most we can offer him in year 1 is $8.9 million.  At that difference, the Kings probably match our offer sheet if we can even convince him to sign it, as opposed to waiting for unrestricted free agency in a year.

If the Kings don’t give him the QO I am interested.

Good point re: $$$. I would be surprised if they didn't sign, though it seems Divac and co. aren't super high on him, want an upgrade there, and WCS isn't thrilled with his limited role. I think all of that is silly but worth monitoring.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If Horford walks I could see us looking into him. But if Horford stays the MLE will need to go to a guard and the MLE will be the only way we could possibly sign him in that case (short of a sign and trade with one of our departing free agents).
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 11:30:24 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
If Horford walks, I'd be very interested in him.  He's a super intelligent defender and makes lots of plays that don't show up in the box score.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
ROFL is it the same person that brings this guy up every Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing year? It drives me crazy to listen to the same people beat the drum for the same dead beats every Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.n year!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 11:45:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
ROFL is it the same person that brings this guy up every ****ing year? It drives me crazy to listen to the same people beat the drum for the same dead beats every ****n year!!!!!!!!!!
This seems like a weird overreaction, especially considering WCS is coming off his best rebounding year
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 12:40:25 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
ROFL is it the same person that brings this guy up every ****ing year? It drives me crazy to listen to the same people beat the drum for the same dead beats every ****n year!!!!!!!!!!

...nope

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 12:51:24 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I just don’t understand the reasoning behind some of the people y’all advocate for. This dude can’t shoot, and couldn’t even average a block a game. What use is he???? 4 years as a starting Center on a bad team and still can’t crack 10 boards? He’s not great at anything and doesn’t show potential in ever being great at anything, Smh y’all crazy

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 03:32:26 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
This.  I wouldn't pay anything more than the veteran minimum for the guy. 

I just don’t understand the reasoning behind some of the people y’all advocate for. This dude can’t shoot, and couldn’t even average a block a game. What use is he???? 4 years as a starting Center on a bad team and still can’t crack 10 boards? He’s not great at anything and doesn’t show potential in ever being great at anything, Smh y’all crazy

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I like him, mostly for his potential as a defender. Pretty agile for a guy his size. Can run the floor and catch lobs. Don't now how much I would pay the guy, but probably not enough to make it so the Kings don't match.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 04:24:09 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
This seems like a weird overreaction, especially considering WCS is coming off his best rebounding year

He's not a bad player what drives me crazy is people falling in love with guys that are just decent players than coming on here and pinning for them continually. I had to listen for years about the center in Milwaukee that eventually quit! I'd take WCS on the team on a fair contract even though he does not fit into Brad's system at all.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 05:14:55 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton

He's not a bad player what drives me crazy is people falling in love with guys that are just decent players than coming on here and pinning for them continually. I had to listen for years about the center in Milwaukee that eventually quit! I'd take WCS on the team on a fair contract even though he does not fit into Brad's system at all.

I don't think anyone in this thread has expressed "falling in love" with WCS... just gauging if it's worth kicking tires. You apparently think not, which is fine. I'm ambivalent and wanted to know what anyone else thought.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 05:37:46 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

Williams can bring what WCS brings.
Hopefully he'll be even better, but we're not even sure Williams is worthy of a roster spot, while WCS averaged 12/8 last year.