Author Topic: Thoughts on signing JJ reddick?  (Read 3780 times)

Thoughts on signing JJ reddick?
« on: June 14, 2019, 04:14:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
 Feel like we could use a shooter like him if we make trades, or kyrie walks, etc

Re: Thoughts on signing JJ reddick?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 04:25:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hayward can shoot .

He just won't .

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 04:54:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Would love to get JJ as an Eddie House-like role player on a contending Celtics team (with Kyrie and AD committed).

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 05:00:22 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
If he leaves Philly it will probably be more money/years, which he wouldn't get with us. And while he was very effective last year, I would be leery of when his drop off is coming giving he is turning 35 in a week. His 3p% declined a little bit last year to 39% ( he had been between 42-47% the previous 4 years).

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Salary requirements aside, I'd love to have him.  A great shooter who is always aggressive but knows his role and doesn't try to do too much.  I've wanted a guy like Redick for years.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 05:08:49 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
No. He can't defend.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 05:14:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I like him on a cost friendly contract.  But as other have said, he is a liability on def and would need to be concealed a bit on d to be a net positive.  Either way I don't think we would be able to get him on a team friendly deal to come off the bench. 

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 05:16:25 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
If he leaves Philly it will probably be more money/years, which he wouldn't get with us. And while he was very effective last year, I would be leery of when his drop off is coming giving he is turning 35 in a week. His 3p% declined a little bit last year to 39% ( he had been between 42-47% the previous 4 years).
I expect the Sixers to offer Redick 3yrs/30M.  He's really in an optimal situation playing with Embiid.  3pt shooting ages well.  His 3p% was 39.7 and that coincided with an increase from 6.6 to 8.0 attempts.  If he leaves the Sixers, it most likely would be for the Nets. 

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 05:31:25 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I expect the Sixers to offer Redick 3yrs/30M.  He's really in an optimal situation playing with Embiid.  3pt shooting ages well.  His 3p% was 39.7 and that coincided with an increase from 6.6 to 8.0 attempts.  If he leaves the Sixers, it most likely would be for the Nets.

Can the 76ers offer him this if they offer butler and harris the max?

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 05:56:01 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Meh rather have Danny green for the mle if he’s available

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 06:10:10 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16

You can go over the cap to re-sign your own free agents.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 06:17:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

they can have FOUR max players .....Embiid , Simmons , Harris and Butler and Reddick ?

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 06:26:01 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16

they can have FOUR max players .....Embiid , Simmons , Harris and Butler and Reddick ?

If they want to pay an insane luxury tax, yes. But Butler is most likely gone. Maybe Harris, too.

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 06:46:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I’d like to bring Larson back. He really energized us 2 years ago kind of like Van Vleet.

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 07:00:59 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Yes, they have his Bird Rights.  With Simmons only at 8.1M, they should stay under the luxury tax next season.  The out years are when it gets expensive.