Author Topic: Bad takes.  (Read 6830 times)

Re: Bad takes.
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2023, 09:45:20 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I've never been wrong. I've always been right based on the information I had at the time.

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2023, 04:16:05 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 620
Bad: I wanted Kris Dunn in that 2016 draft - generational two-way player. I was completely convinced that Dominique would win us a ring (With Dee Brown and Dino Radja?!?!), I have thought that Minnesota Timberwolves would make the NBA West Finals every year since 2015.

Good: I predicted that Kawhi would be a superstar purely off watching about 4 of his San Diego State games, and laughed when Indiana traded him away. Predicted the 2013-2014 Nets would fail miserably. Predicted Mavs to be Heat for NBA title, and gambled to win about 500 bucks

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2023, 07:52:02 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I predicted that the Warriors would be really good when they signed Durant instead of us.
May have had some bad takes here and there.

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2023, 08:01:30 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Historically, maybe my two worst takes:

1.  I hated the Fultz-Tatum trade.  I thought Fultz was the only guy with superstar potential in that draft;

2.  I hated the Brooklyn trade.  I thought the trade would yield picks in the 20s, and that wasn't worth dealing away our aging stars.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2023, 11:04:48 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
I thought Jared Sullinger would last longer in the NBA, back issues and all... but he had no discipline with his body and eating habits. I haven't followed him closely, but he seems to be more fit while playing in China than he was in the NBA, maybe he should've found a way to stick around.

He extended his game to the 3-point line, but the dude was deadly from the elbow...he should've made that and his post game the focus of his style. Great rebounder too, wish he had figured it out and remained a Celtic. I'm pretty sure he has fondness for the organization.

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2023, 11:22:04 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
Historically, maybe my two worst takes:

1.  I hated the Fultz-Tatum trade.  I thought Fultz was the only guy with superstar potential in that draft;

2.  I hated the Brooklyn trade.  I thought the trade would yield picks in the 20s, and that wasn't worth dealing away our aging stars.
I liked the BRK trade, as I thought we could get a top 15 pick or 2 in a couple of years. I had no hope that it would turn into Brown and Tatum level stars.

I was also under the Fultz spell. I thought Tatum was going to be a skinny version of melo. Mid range god, struggles on defense. If you look at Tatum's pre draft analysis, versus the player he ended up at 25, the difference is striking. Worked out well for us haha.
#JKJB

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2023, 02:22:05 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
In 2014, in my mind, James Young was the next Michael Redd and no one could tell me otherwise.

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2023, 02:43:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The most excited I've ever been about a draft pick was Paul Pierce.  Second and third are probably Acie Earl and Gerald Green.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2023, 02:47:10 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1646
  • What a Pub Should Be
The most excited I've ever been about a draft pick was Paul Pierce.  Second and third are probably Acie Earl and Gerald Green.

Pierce definitely most excited.  I remember being amped when we drafted Mercer. 

Montross was another one I was excited about. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2023, 10:50:01 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264

Pierce definitely most excited.  I remember being amped when we drafted Mercer. 

Montross was another one I was excited about.

I thought Pierce - Walker - Mercer would be a young Big 3 which would be our foundation for years to come.

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2023, 11:11:21 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
I was sadly mistaken about the BB abilities of Fab Mello. Coolest name ever .i was over the top when DA drafted him.

But so pleased he was a good man during his short life and maybe that what really matters  more in the end.

RIP Fab .

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2023, 11:17:13 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

To Gerald Green's credit, he matured and ended up having a decent career considering that he was essentially out of the league without his athleticism. I liked him as a player. Still may be one of most explosive players we have drafted in the last 20 years.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2023, 02:31:58 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
As a reminder, there were many people here that wanted Markelle Fultz with the #1 pick. I have some bad takes, but that wasn't one of them.
My recollection is that Fultz was FAR AND AWAY the consensus #1 pick not only here, but everywhere.  It turned out bad, but you can hardly blame anyone. 

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2023, 02:33:57 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
That sending KG and Pierce to Brooklyn a mistake.
I can understand why people would not have wanted it, but in what world couldit have been a mistake?  They were just about done.  Nothing bad could have come out of it.

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2023, 02:36:40 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Not mine but I got a text from a friend on draft night who went to IU:  "You're going to love Romeo Langford"