Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) at Knicks (1-1) Game #3 10/20/18  (Read 16875 times)

Re: Celtics (1-1) at Knicks (1-1) Game #3 10/20/18
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2018, 10:17:19 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Robert Williams knocking down threes at MSG before the game

Video: https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisgrenham/status/1053779779189698560?s=21

« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Something is missing....Is it team ball, effort or chemistry???

« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2018, 10:20:15 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
We struggled to beat a lottery team and there were at least 3 players killing us that I have never heard of. Is this how it's going to be? Will we be in a battle until the end against Atlanta? Something is wrong.

When your on the road on the second night of a back to back, stuff like this happens. The important thing is that you win the game.

That is just excuses. There is no way that game should have been close based on the talent for each team. Also after losing a tough game last night to Toronto this should have been a blowout. What did Kyrie have like 10 points until the last few possessions? His shooting was off. 

« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Anybody notice Jaylen looks really unhappy? When Tatum hit that bucket in the end he had no emotion also just throughout the past couple games he’s looked off and checked out
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2018, 10:23:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
We struggled to beat a lottery team and there were at least 3 players killing us that I have never heard of. Is this how it's going to be? Will we be in a battle until the end against Atlanta? Something is wrong.

When your on the road on the second night of a back to back, stuff like this happens. The important thing is that you win the game.

That is just excuses. There is no way that game should have been close based on the talent for each team. Also after losing a tough game last night to Toronto this should have been a blowout. What did Kyrie have like 10 points until the last few possessions? His shooting was off.

That's not excuses, its real life. Guys get tired, this isn't fantasy basketball or a video game, its real life. Guys get physically and mentally tired, and these guys don't even have their rhythm yet this early in the season.

Plus, Hayward was sitting, and we lost Baynes early on. I like this win. Its these type of wins that build character and where you find out what type of guys you really have on this team.

« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2018, 10:24:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Anybody notice Jaylen looks really unhappy? When Tatum hit that bucket in the end he had no emotion also just throughout the past couple games he’s looked off and checked out

He sucked tonight, he should be unhappy for the way he performed.

« Reply #321 on: October 20, 2018, 10:31:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
hes probably gonna get chewed out by coach for an hour for the way he played

« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2018, 10:31:48 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

That's not excuses, its real life. Guys get tired, this isn't fantasy basketball or a video game, its real life. Guys get physically and mentally tired, and these guys don't even have their rhythm yet this early in the season.

Plus, Hayward was sitting, and we lost Baynes early on. I like this win. Its these type of wins that build character and where you find out what type of guys you really have on this team.

I could buy the building character thing if it was against a halfway decent team. The Knicks are terrible. Dotson & Trier are going to the All Star Game. Who?

« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

He was frustrated with himself, and he might have gotten called out for losing Hardaway twice. It was that moment that the Cs could have gained separation.

« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2018, 10:33:23 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I could buy the building character thing if it was against a halfway decent team. The Knicks are terrible. Dotson & Trier are going to the All Star Game. Who?

I think Trier is really good. I've heard he has a prickly personality, but his scoring talent is pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised if he can earn himself a big second contract ala Jordan Clarkson.

« Reply #325 on: October 20, 2018, 10:33:34 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Look again Jaylen chest bumped him after the play m

« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2018, 10:50:54 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

He was frustrated with himself, and he might have gotten called out for losing Hardaway twice. It was that moment that the Cs could have gained separation.

I think of all the starters he's going to be the one who will be most unhappy with and find a hard time dealing with less minutes due to the team's depth (even though he played 38 min tonight). I can see Tatum accepting coming off the bench if needed, I can see Hayward accepting coming off the bench if needed, I can't see Jaylen accepting the same. Maybe I'm wrong but I think he's got a bit more of an ego than those two.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Something is missing....Is it team ball, effort or chemistry???

Chemistry. All the subbing in and out makes it harder for them to develop a rhythm as well probably.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2018, 11:01:48 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
We were a great 4th quarter team last year.  We're only 3 games in, I know... but our 4th quarters against the Knicks and Raptors were just terrible.

I'm actually glad we're making mistakes early in the season.  Easy to diagnose, and I trust that we will fix the problems accordingly.

« Reply #329 on: October 20, 2018, 11:19:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469