Author Topic: Celtics interview list  (Read 50105 times)

Re: Celtics interview list
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2020, 02:57:09 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Didn't see Saddiq Bey listed.  Have seen him in two mocks to the C's at 14 now.  Haven't done any research, but one report I found says he's a pure scorer, especially beyond the arc.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2020, 07:36:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Add RJ Hampton.  Apparently Celtics are very interested in drafting him at 14.  I would be okay with this; they have had phone talk and plan in person interview.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisgrenham/2020/10/28/boston-celtics-expressing-interest-in-rj-hampton-ahead-of-2020-nba-draft/#1520a0ad7e2a

« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2020, 08:36:29 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Didn't see Saddiq Bey listed.  Have seen him in two mocks to the C's at 14 now.  Haven't done any research, but one report I found says he's a pure scorer, especially beyond the arc.

Bey is my preferred pick at #14 for the Cs.   He's a solid, all-around, 2-way player with a versatile scoring toolkit.  Plus he's a pretty smart kid who can nerd out with Jaylen & Grant.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2020, 09:42:24 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
So far no one on the list I like at 14. At 18 and later sure. Wonder if they are moving 14.

« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2020, 09:45:19 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Bey is my preferred pick at #14 for the Cs.   He's a solid, all-around, 2-way player with a versatile scoring toolkit.  Plus he's a pretty smart kid who can nerd out with Jaylen & Grant.

I really like that guy too...can help win games tomorrow.  I'm also ok with a riskier upside pick...being the patient type I'm ok with the C's building up slowly and I'm ok if they draft Hampton and it takes him 3 years to put things together.  If he never did it ala James Young it would be very surprising.  Hampton seems like a real bball nerd, to borrow your word for Bey...

« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2020, 11:22:00 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
added

Chris Genham is reporting that the Cs have" expressed interest in" Yoeli Childs, no work on interview or meeting
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2020, 02:25:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
added

Chris Genham is reporting that the Cs have" expressed interest in" Yoeli Childs, no work on interview or meeting

doesnt make much sense without an interview at least

saw a similar rumor that Knicks were interested?

Could be just smoke thrown out by Childs agent to generate interest

I personally would not touch Childs, even with the 47th pick

« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2020, 03:29:25 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
added

This years draft and the limited workouts will make it tough for teams to not tip their hands. I think Childs who Ainge is probably very familiar with through the BYU could be a player he likes but opts avoid interviewing/meeting with. The same can be said for Kaleb Wesson the Ohio st big who they worked out twice last year. Either big could be a solid option at #47.

Child is an interesting option as a smaller Center. I’m not sold in him on the perimeter but if he really has a 7’ wingspan and 8’10 reach he could be a nice option as a smaller center off the bench.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2020, 03:36:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
added

This years draft and the limited workouts will make it tough for teams to not tip their hands. I think Childs who Ainge is probably very familiar with through the BYU could be a player he likes but opts avoid interviewing/meeting with. The same can be said for Kaleb Wesson the Ohio st big who they worked out twice last year. Either big could be a solid option at #47.

Child is an interesting option as a smaller Center. I’m not sold in him on the perimeter but if he really has a 7’ wingspan and 8’10 reach he could be a nice option as a smaller center off the bench.

Both Wesson and Childs will be in trouble with their perimeter D/pnr D weakness in the NBA

Celts should target Tillman or maybe Oturu or Nnaji if they plan to pickup a big in the draft. At the basics these bigs can defend the interior and out to the perimeter

« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2020, 04:03:16 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
added

Both Wesson and Childs will be in trouble with their perimeter D/pnr D weakness in the NBA

Celts should target Tillman or maybe Oturu or Nnaji if they plan to pickup a big in the draft. At the basics these bigs can defend the interior and out to the perimeter

Not sold that Oturu will be a competent NBA defender but I 100% agree Tillman and Nnaji are much better prospects.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2020, 05:10:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
added

Not sold that Oturu will be a competent NBA defender but I 100% agree Tillman and Nnaji are much better prospects.

Why not Oturu?

Look at the clip below - under defensive presence. He can defend out to the perimeter. Block shots. Rebound.

https://youtu.be/x3Ouf2JXeX0

« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2020, 05:45:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
added

Why not Oturu?

Look at the clip below - under defensive presence. He can defend out to the perimeter. Block shots. Rebound.

I like Oturu with a late pick but he looks a step slow for the NBA and he has to bring the ball down before he goes up for a shot/dunk which will be problematic in the NBA.

« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2020, 10:30:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
added

Why not Oturu?

I like Oturu with a late pick but he looks a step slow for the NBA and he has to bring the ball down before he goes up for a shot/dunk which will be problematic in the NBA.

agreed.   His quickness looks somewhere between Theis and Kanter.    But can cover ground pretty well (unlike Kanter) and has a 7'3 wingspan.   His overall game/physical tools reminds me of Vucevic potential. 

« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2020, 10:54:25 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
added

Why not Oturu?

agreed.   His quickness looks somewhere between Theis and Kanter.    But can cover ground pretty well (unlike Kanter) and has a 7'3 wingspan.   His overall game/physical tools reminds me of Vucevic potential.

Oturu is really raw.

« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2020, 11:24:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
added

Why not Oturu?

Oturu is really raw.

His stat line last season was 20ppg, 11reb, 2blk, 36 percent from 3 pt line, straight line driving ability for a big man.   It's not like he is a physical marvel either

He is not a finished product  .... but really raw?