Author Topic: Good Night Celtics Blog  (Read 25440 times)

Re: Good Night Celtics Blog
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2018, 01:48:14 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
So confused, will every one post's/avatar/rankings remain the same? Sorry, I've been busy at work.

Such a sad day, but some great things must come to an end..

I think that that’s the plan to the extent possible.  We shall see.
Yeah, from the way bennie described it it was going to be as much a replica as possible with history, passwords, usernames, etc. all being the same.
what about the personalities of some of the posters? could byennie change those???  ;)

Yup. He's already offered me $100 bucks to act much more bitter, but I'm holding out for more
I'm bitter.

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2018, 01:49:09 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
So confused, will every one post's/avatar/rankings remain the same? Sorry, I've been busy at work.

Yeah, from the way bennie described it it was going to be as much a replica as possible with history, passwords, usernames, etc. all being the same.

I better be able to keep my signature! If not, I'll be extremely mad bitter
I'm bitter.

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2018, 02:01:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It is officially a day of new beginnings / less hate for one individual's life--just defended my dissertation.  Now I no longer have to posture that I'm a doctor on internet websites for people I don't know.

Wow congratulations, doctor!!! Now get off the internets and go get drunk somewhere or whatever your preferred vice is.

what about the personalities of some of the posters? could byennie change those???  ;)

He told me to start making good posts and I punched the floor so hard my screensaver turned off.

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2018, 02:03:34 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Maybe I could change my username to "SparzCeltics" cuz I get the impression that people think I'm a Washington Wizards fan, which is clearly a NO! (ok maybe that one year where PP34 was with the Wiz but I was only rooting for him) It was just a random username I've grown and lived with.

But I'll stick to the same name.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Yup. He's already offered me $100 bucks to act much more bitter, but I'm holding out for more
sounds like a good use of the funds we raised.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2018, 02:13:37 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I'm already in Poughkepsie... figured I'd throw it on the CC and reimburse later. Could someone donate $12 for this extra large hoagie???

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2018, 02:13:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

sounds like a good use of the funds we raised.

I'm thinking of changing from passive aggressive sarcasm, to outright aggressiveness in the new forum.
Yup

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2018, 02:17:46 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
It is officially a day of new beginnings / less hate for one individual's life--just defended my dissertation.  Now I no longer have to posture that I'm a doctor on internet websites for people I don't know.

Look forward to the new site.  Thanks to everyone who was not poor and able to make donations. 1000 TPs to byenne!

RIP LarBrd.

Bye Celticsblog, I love you.

Congrats tarheel. What subject was your PhD on?

Also, why RIP LarBrd? Should I get worried?

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2018, 02:20:01 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I haven't seen an announcement.  Is today the last day for the forums?  When is https://www.celticsstrong.com expected to be ready?

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2018, 02:20:10 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Peace Celticsblog. Thanks for providing a platform for my crackpot theories.

To many more on CelticsStrong!

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2018, 02:24:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2018, 02:26:59 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I haven't seen an announcement.  Is today the last day for the forums?  When is https://www.celticsstrong.com expected to be ready?

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180921T15&p0=43&font=cursive

Thanks.  I've just given you, perhaps, your last TP.

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2018, 02:29:18 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
It's been good. Think on the new site I'm be a lurker till trade deadline.

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2018, 02:38:14 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2018, 02:43:57 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I found this forum not long after Judas Allen was traded to the Celtics, he was my favorite non-Celtics players back then. And I've said a couple of times before, I always felt that if he were to join the Celtics it'll be the year the Celtics will win a Championship. And it happened...

In any case, I've spent quite a few seconds on this site, and hope to spend a few seconds more on the new one... hope to see all of you guys there =)

Hope the few threads I merged here and there in the past couple of years, particularly during the summer, didn't cause any undue distress.