Author Topic: Celtics (29-8) at Cavs (28-6) 1/9  (Read 74596 times)

Re: Celtics (29-8) at Cavs (28-6) 1/9
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Without Big Z, the Cavs aren't such a strong team. They're still good, but not as good as the C's. I'm expecting a win.

I agree Big Z is one of the most important parts to that Cav team and with him out I like our chances of winning this game. 

I agree that the loss of Z is big.  He's always had big games against the Celtics, and his ability to stretch the defense has always been big.

However, the Hickson has been getting more PT now, and the Celtics have trouble in the past against athletic bigs.

I just want to see the Celtics get off to a good start and get the crowd out of the game, and like a previous poster said, PLAY CELTICS DEFENSE!!

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 11:40:28 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
All i know is the Crab dribble is no match for the fisher cat.

Fisher cats eat freshwater crabs and crayfish, i looked it up.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 11:49:27 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The NBA:
Where Eating Cav Crabs Happens!

Maybe we should just call them
the Cleveland Crabaliers from
now on? Hmmm, that's an idea...

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 12:30:08 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
The snow is not going to keep anyone from coming to this game tonight.  $10 tickets are currently going for $80.  To say Cleveland fans are excited would be an understatement. 

I think the Cavs pull out a win tonight.  They will relax off of Rondo and make him a jump shooter.  Wallace still can play some tough D on Garnett, and Andy should be under Perkins skin in about a minute and a half.  Biggest key to tonight will be bench scoring.  I think the Cavs have a better bench than Boston right now.

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 12:55:32 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The snow is not going to keep anyone from coming to this game tonight.  $10 tickets are currently going for $80.  To say Cleveland fans are excited would be an understatement. 

I think the Cavs pull out a win tonight.  They will relax off of Rondo and make him a jump shooter.  Wallace still can play some tough D on Garnett, and Andy should be under Perkins skin in about a minute and a half.  Biggest key to tonight will be bench scoring.  I think the Cavs have a better bench than Boston right now.

Enjoy the game, Mac and thank you
for your words that are always on
topic/"non-trollish"  ;)

PS. I'm sorry but we're going to break
the streak tonight. Please forgive us  :)

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 01:19:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think you're right, I think the Cavs bench is better than the C's. But then again, one of your bench guys will be starting and if Tony Allen is still hurt that's addition by subtraction for our team. So maybe that will even things up a bit. ;) ;D

I think this game is decided down low in the forward and center positions and I think the C's prevail due to their inside scoring and the lack of any offense by the Cavs underneath, LeBron James aside of course.

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 01:21:01 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
The perfect storyline would obviously be to have us struggling, losers of 3 in a row, 6 out of 8, and have us go into Cleveland and win.

But realisticly I just don't think that's going to happen.  I'm preparing myself throughout the day to be ready for this team's first 4 game losing streak since the 06-07 season.

Usually in a game like this, if we're going to lose I would hope it's a blowout because it's easier for me to handle.  However, I would actually like to lose a close game tonight because at least that way it shows we're starting to turn it around a little bit.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 05:17:25 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Without Big Z, the Cavs aren't such a strong team. They're still good, but not as good as the C's. I'm expecting a win.

I agree Big Z is one of the most important parts to that Cav team and with him out I like our chances of winning this game. 

I agree that the loss of Z is big.  He's always had big games against the Celtics, and his ability to stretch the defense has always been big.

However, the Hickson has been getting more PT now, and the Celtics have trouble in the past against athletic bigs.

I just want to see the Celtics get off to a good start and get the crowd out of the game, and like a previous poster said, PLAY CELTICS DEFENSE!!

With no Big Z in the middle, we have to take it to the basket on these guys. Sideshow Bob is not a shot blocking threat, and we should pound it inside with Garnett and have Pierce slash to the hoop a lot tonight.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Come on fellas!!! We really need this one
UBUNTU

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
New drinking game. For every non call or bad call that goes LeBron's way ...bottom's up. You might need more than one case of beer for every game however.

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 07:51:58 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
New drinking game. For every non call or bad call that goes LeBron's way ...bottom's up. You might need more than one case of beer for every game however.

Are you trying to kill me?

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
CRAB DRIBBLE!
God bless and good night!

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 07:54:45 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Thats almost as difficult as my friend trying to go White Russian for White Russian with The Dude from The Big Lebowski.

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 07:55:27 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Disagree with our Cavs friend that Wallace can effectively defend KG, however I do agree that their bench is better.

Let's go Celtics.

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 08:02:11 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Where da chat at?  It's game time.