Author Topic: Surgery for Rob (out 8-12 weeks)  (Read 15685 times)

Re: Surgery for Rob (out 8-12 weeks)
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2022, 02:36:39 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I am definitely feeling pessimistic about this season.

My new narrative is that Brad was too mopey and depressed about Ime to upgrade the roster.  The timeline seems to fit.  Vomit.

Certainly that Wyc quote dialing back expectations from last week that got you going has to be seen in some different context.

« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2022, 02:37:57 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celtics have the worst medical staff. Been that way since KG. Guys get hurt way too often and then when they have repairs they often don’t work.

« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2022, 02:40:27 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680
Rough couple of weeks. 

Need the season to start.  At least if things go wrong there, it's within the context of basketball.  Entertaining, even if at times frustrating.  But this offseason stuff is just brutal. 

« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2022, 02:41:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

My new narrative is that Brad was too mopey and depressed about Ime to upgrade the roster.  The timeline seems to fit.  Vomit.

Certainly that Wyc quote dialing back expectations from last week that got you going has to be seen in some different context.

Yeah, I'm sure at some point somebody will go back over the Celtics' media interactions this summer, looking for clues or hints. 

I can certainly see where the team would put an emphasis on guys who were "coachable", if they were thinking that they were handing the keys to a rookie coach.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2022, 02:43:34 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Imagine having Hauser, Kornet and layman in the line up together trying to get back in a game or protecting a lead. Will be absolutely soul crushing

« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2022, 02:45:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Celtics have the worst medical staff. Been that way since KG. Guys get hurt way too often and then when they have repairs they often don’t work.

Even before KG.  Big Al's misdiagnosed bone chips in his ankle, Wally's constantly sprained ankle, etc.

And, I don't understand it.  Boston's medical community is elite.  We switched team doctors, and nothing has really improved.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2022, 02:49:28 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Imagine having Hauser, Kornet and layman in the line up together trying to get back in a game or protecting a lead. Will be absolutely soul crushing

Or invigorating if they pull it off!

I’m just going to keep being excited about Hauser.  They constructed it so they could have his full Bird rights the next time he’s a restricted free agent, rather than having only Early Bird rights next summer, which would have been what happened if they hadn’t ripped up his old deal to sign him to a new one.  That signals they think there’s real chance he blows up enough so that he’d have been too expensive to keep next summer.

« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2022, 02:50:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Well, at least we now have a coach who has a lot of experience coaching G-league players!

« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2022, 02:51:35 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Or invigorating if they pull it off!

I’m just going to keep being excited about Hauser.  They constructed it so they could have his full Bird rights the next time he’s a restricted free agent, rather than having only Early Bird rights next summer, which would have been what happened if they hadn’t ripped up his old deal to sign him to a new one.  That signals they think there’s real chance he blows up enough so that he’d have been too expensive to keep next summer.

I don’t see anything that says Hauser is a key rotation guy. I will be happy if he’s a poor man’s Struss or Robinson

« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2022, 02:52:26 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Well, at least we now have a coach who has a lot of experience coaching G-league players!

Seems like this is the plan once Brad found out about Ime. Threw in the towel.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 02:59:31 PM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2022, 02:54:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Even before KG.  Big Al's misdiagnosed bone chips in his ankle, Wally's constantly sprained ankle, etc.

And, I don't understand it.  Boston's medical community is elite.  We switched team doctors, and nothing has really improved.

I imagine Bulls fans feel that way right now too, with Lonzo Ball's lingering knee problems.  Not to mention Derrick Rose's.  Pelican fans probably blaming their medical staff for all the injury issues with Zion.  And Sixers fans were pretty upset with all the early problems of Embiid, and later Simmons.  The point is, every team has its share of head scratching injuries.  We are so close to the daily goings on with our team that it seems worse here. Empirically I doubt that is the case.

This being written by a guy who just got turned down today for an MRI because his doctor wrote down the wrong need to be scanned.  So believe me I am experiencing first hand a bad doc screw up.  Good thing it wasn't an operation!

« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2022, 02:58:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

Yeah, I'm sure at some point somebody will go back over the Celtics' media interactions this summer, looking for clues or hints. 

I can certainly see where the team would put an emphasis on guys who were "coachable", if they were thinking that they were handing the keys to a rookie coach.

This certainly does seem to be the case given that we’ve seemingly passed on the potential locker room issue guys of Anthony, Dwight, and Whiteside when they all are major needs right now.

« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2022, 05:34:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yeah, feeling snakebitten and it's not even October.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2022, 05:43:08 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Can someone just wake us up from this nightmare?

« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2022, 05:45:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
So what do we do if Horford or Kornet get injured? We're relying on a 36 year old and a D-league player to hold down the Center rotation.