Author Topic: Newest Celtics Babies (share your happy news / pictures here)  (Read 406623 times)

Re: Newest Celtics Babies (share your happy news here)
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 10:54:55 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Ahhh...That's a real bummer dark_lord

There are all sorts of ways to be philosophical about losing a child before its born, but bottom line is it's a big bummer.  Makes you extra grateful for the health of the one you have. 

Thoughts are with you and your wife.
Yup

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 11:34:11 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
just to update, unfortunately i have terrible news.  my wife and i recently lost our #2 that i was so excited for.  i am only sharing bc i have received some cool pm's from posters who have seen i posted that we were pregnant and they wished me congrats. we are both having a difficult time with this, but are hanging in there.

I lost two this way, DL, so I know where you're at right now, and it's not a nice place to be. Everyone must find their own way to come to grips with such a thing, but what helped my (then) wife and I at the time, was knowing that it was a natural course, and that it generally happens because there's something wrong with the developmental process, and this is the body's way of resolving that issue.

It may have been endangering your wife, or it may have been an issue with the baby's health. Whatever the disposition, it was something serious enough for the body's self-defense mechanism to take over, and was very likely what needed to take place. Knowing that really doesn't help the pain much, but feeling it wasn't just some random event, helped me come to grips with it.

Having spent a great deal of my life in medicine, I know that this has no bearing on future pregnancies ... a miscarriage is not necessarily an indication that that person is prone to them, or that there's a greater chance of it happening again. Each pregnancy is an event unto itself, and a healthy baby next time is just as possible as it was before this event, so I hope you and your wife don't get discouraged from trying again.

There's really not much anyone can say at a time like this .... everyone needs to grieve and heal in their own time and process, and I know you'll find your way, too. Just know that you're not alone, and that there are many here praying and hoping for the best, for you and your family. No matter how dark the storm, the sun always follows, and things will be better soon. God bless you and yours .... I'm so very sorry for your loss.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Newest Celtics Babies (share your news here)
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 10:02:40 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
i am  really really sorry DL
Thoughts with all ur family
As a hopefully future father My wife and Me really Simpatize

Sad day
Our thought with U

edgar
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 10:27:52 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Sorry to hear that, DL...it takes time to get through this, but if the good Lord wants you to have another child, you will.

My wife and I have 4 under the age of 9...3 boys and a girl.  It's funny, they are each unique and you wonder how you can make time for all of them, but you do.  My advice: enjoy every minute of it, because time goes by soooooo fast.  My wife and I uprooted from the midwest and moved to Florida because of our jobs.  I have not seen my parents in 4 years because they don't like to travel and are afraid to fly (and we can't afford to take a family this large on a pair of flights)...driving from Florida to Ohio (2 day trip with 4 kids just isn't in the offing).  My wife and I are now in our mid-30's and are in the process of buying our first home.  You come to realize how quickly life moves on, and your children come to mean everything to you.

Appreciate the stories you guys share...we might not always agree on everything about the Celtics, but about our kids we most definitely can!
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 06:17:41 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Dark_lord, I am really sorry to hear that, real tragedy.  My thoughts and condolences to your family, losing a child is just unimaginable.  My family is actually going through a rough patch right now with a death in the family.  It doesn't help that we are moving to another country next month and really complicates things.

thanks for the kind words scott, i appreciate it.  my thoughts are with u and ur family as well.

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »

Offline greengirl

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
hey new happy parents!

no kids for me, nah-uh, but don't forget to get your babies started off the right way:

http://store.teambabyentertainment.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=239

and for a little throwback

http://store.teambabyentertainment.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=67

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 11:29:30 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
just to update, unfortunately i have terrible news.  my wife and i recently lost our #2 that i was so excited for.  i am only sharing bc i have received some cool pm's from posters who have seen i posted that we were pregnant and they wished me congrats. we are both having a difficult time with this, but are hanging in there.

I haven't been online much recently so
I was so sad to hear that, dark_lord...
I lost my father to cancer just 10 days ago
so I kinda know where you're coming from.
It just goes to show that we can't take anything
for granted in life...
I really, really hope the C's go and
grab No. 17 for all of us but especially for
you and your family and for my old man!
I hope you keep up the spirit and I think I
speak for all of us when I say you are in our
thoughts...

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 05:29:39 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
guys,

thanks so much for your words of wisdom, encouragement, sympathy, etc.  it really means alot to me.  it also shows how this blog can really have a sense of community amongst its posters.  its a beautiful thing.

i really debated in sharing in a thread about our loss, but since alot of people congratulated me thru pm's after seeing my post sharing the news of our expected baby, i felt the need to share.

i really dont want to "hijack" this thread with my unfortunate news.  this thread is about sharing the wonderful news and experience of expecting children.  i am so blessed to have my son, and this expereince has not discouraged me and my wife in trying to get pregnant again.  this experience has made me enjoy and be more grateful for having my son.

again, thanks to all that have wished me well.  i truly appreciate it.

btw, amager, sorry to hear about your losing your father.  my thoughts are with you and your family.

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 01:06:58 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
guys,

thanks so much for your words of wisdom, encouragement, sympathy, etc.  it really means alot to me.  it also shows how this blog can really have a sense of community amongst its posters.  its a beautiful thing.

i really debated in sharing in a thread about our loss, but since alot of people congratulated me thru pm's after seeing my post sharing the news of our expected baby, i felt the need to share.

i really dont want to "hijack" this thread with my unfortunate news.  this thread is about sharing the wonderful news and experience of expecting children.  i am so blessed to have my son, and this expereince has not discouraged me and my wife in trying to get pregnant again.  this experience has made me enjoy and be more grateful for having my son.

again, thanks to all that have wished me well.  i truly appreciate it.

btw, amager, sorry to hear about your losing your father.  my thoughts are with you and your family.

dark_lord, I'm sure everyone here do not feel that you
hijacked the thread. Death is a part of life and we
all just have to accept that. I thank you for the kind
words and even though you're on the other side of the
globe, words can still be comforting! So thanks, man.
And again, take comfort in what you have, it'll surely
help you cope with this loss...

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 12:09:46 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
So, does anyone have any happy news to share?

My girlfriend is doing just fine, her belly is almost
as big as mine -she jokingly asks me when it will be!  ;D
Anyways, feel free to share...

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2008, 01:35:04 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
So, does anyone have any happy news to share?

My girlfriend is doing just fine, her belly is almost
as big as mine -she jokingly asks me when it will be!  ;D
Anyways, feel free to share...

NOTE TO SELF:
Never bump this on a game day and certainly not
during the playoffs  ::)

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 11:58:21 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Congratulations to Justin and Jeff
and their families! Great news  :)

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 12:05:28 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Congratulations to Justin and Jeff
and their families! Great news  :)

Congratulations too from here
Its nice t o see my boy wont be alone on those 2027 Boston celtics 
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 11:31:42 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
*BUMP*

Any news, anyone?

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
*BUMP*

Any news, anyone?

7 months and growing
will born in August first week
Her belly is bigger than mine........and thats tough  ;D
well not anymore, I get 2 sizes down this month
another succes.