Author Topic: Dempster drills A-rod with fastball to the ribs. red sox vs yankees  (Read 12419 times)

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

Re: Dempster drills A-rod with fastball to the ribs. red sox vs yankees
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:35:16 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Love it. Was Girardi trying to argue to have Dempster thrown out?

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:41:15 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
haha, the best part is the crowd. he should be arguing to get a-rod kicked out.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:47:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yes that's what he was doing. Which is what umpires are supposed to do on any intentional bean ball, they usually don't though.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
Wouldn't it be great if A-Rod was just hounded out of the league by opponents and fans alike?  Just make his life completely miserable.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 09:54:46 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't understand why so many have so much hate and vitriol toward A-Rod.

Direct that dislike to the Yankees who knew what A-Rod was doing, but traded for him in 2004 and then signed him again in 2008.

I don't mind a little bean ball if it's done in retaliation, but I don't like what Dempster did tonight.

Don't be surprised now if either Ortiz or Pedroia get drilled.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Direct that dislike to the Yankees who knew what A-Rod was doing, but traded for him in 2004 and then signed him again in 2008.

I don't mind a little bean ball if it's done in retaliation, but I don't like what Dempster did tonight.
Agreed.

Also if you're Red Sox fans, I wouldn't gloat too much given that much the same stuff was going on with your team during the WS runs. Just like it was across the league.

As for A-Rod, I hope the Yankees have to pay him every cent, hurts their flexibility and punishes their stupidity.

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 10:00:20 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I have no love for A-Rod but I didn't like that at that point in the game.  We need to win.  Let somebody else send messages to A-Rod.

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 10:01:02 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Agreed.

Also if you're Red Sox fans, I wouldn't gloat too much given that much the same stuff was going on with your team during the WS runs. Just like it was across the league.

As for A-Rod, I hope the Yankees have to pay him every cent, hurts their flexibility and punishes their stupidity.

Yup. Ortiz tested positive for a banned substance in the past, we know Manny has tested positive before and you know what, it doesn't even bother me that much.

It's 2013. 50 percent of all sport athletes are probably consuming something illegal. It's unfortunately the world we are living in.

Not sure if you heard it, but Buck Showalter from the Orioles said it best when he said it wouldn't be fair if ARod got suspended for an extended time because it would just allow the Yankees to throw out handfuls of cash at free agents.

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 10:02:20 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ortiz just hit a double.  Watch him get hit next time around.

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 11:05:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

Agreed.

Yup. Ortiz tested positive for a banned substance in the past, we know Manny has tested positive before and you know what, it doesn't even bother me that much.

It's 2013. 50 percent of all sport athletes are probably consuming something illegal. It's unfortunately the world we are living in.

Not sure if you heard it, but Buck Showalter from the Orioles said it best when he said it wouldn't be fair if ARod got suspended for an extended time because it would just allow the Yankees to throw out handfuls of cash at free agents.
I hate A-Rod even more now because he doesn't have to serve his sentence. No one else apparently can appeal their sentence.  He is "too big to let fail" like some kind of giant bank.  This is just the latest reason thing he has done that is hateful.

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 11:14:33 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think I was more surprised that Girardi was that fired up; I thought all the Yankees management hated A-Rod.  Brian Cashman was probably p---ed that Dempster didn't aim higher.

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 11:49:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I hate A-Rod even more now because he doesn't have to serve his sentence. No one else apparently can appeal their sentence.  He is "too big to let fail" like some kind of giant bank.  This is just the latest reason thing he has done that is hateful.
The others waived their appeals.

He'll be suspended, they're just arguing over how long the suspension will be now.

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 12:57:27 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The others waived their appeals.

He'll be suspended, they're just arguing over how long the suspension will be now.

It's like some cliche Disney movie. He gets to have one more half-hearted go around while his career execution is litigated, and then he'll get a dishonorable discharge and a bad DWI, then lead a ragtag group of youngsters to a city league championship as penance or something, while confronting his own demons and learning to love the game, and this himself, again. Love interest played by a haggered looking Cameron Diaz.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 06:46:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think I was more surprised that Girardi was that fired up; I thought all the Yankees management hated A-Rod.  Brian Cashman was probably p---ed that Dempster didn't aim higher.
He may have aimed higher. It's Ryan Dempster after all.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."