Author Topic: Reaction To Alex Rodriguez Suspension? A-Roid?!?!?  (Read 3294 times)

Reaction To Alex Rodriguez Suspension? A-Roid?!?!?
« on: August 10, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »

Offline CelticsFan23

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Obviously by now im sure you have all heard about Alex Rodriguez. He will be suspended for the rest of the 2013 season and All of the 2014 season. The thing that makes this case so interesting is that he will now be able to appeal and is SET TO START TONIGHT FOR THE YANKEES VS THE WHITE SOX. He will be playing 3B and batting cleanup. I wonder how the crowd will greet him when he takes the field. It is unprecedented to suspend a player for 211 games for their 1st time offense. this is truly a unique situation we have never seen before.

please let me know all your thoughts on this!

Also check out this video of me destroying an Alex Rodriguez A-Roid baseball card after hearing about his suspension today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WCYiR1pBZ8

Re: Reaction To Alex Rodriguez Suspension? A-Roid?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 07:41:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
As subtext to all this, I am p---ed, peeved, and mad that the MFY would get salary relief from this.

I want them to be on the hook for years and years of $20,000,000+ to this jackass.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 11:01:10 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
A-Rod was apparently willing to accept an 80-100 game suspension and then retire as long as it was a paid retirement.  Baseball said no dice and issued the 211 game suspension so now we have to deal with this nonsense for the next year or so.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 12:36:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I hate ARod and always have - obviously he is the kind of guy who rubs people the wrong way and being a Yankee doesn't help.

However, I totally totally disagree with the suspension. I know there were other factors, including his apparent covering up of the investigation, but I vehemently disagree with the sentiment of trying to make an example out of somebody. If this were Ryan Braun, people would be much more outraged, but since it is a player / person that is pretty much universally hated by everybody, people are just piling on.

I also agree with ARod that the Yankees just don't think he is worth the contract anymore and are looking for any reason to get out of paying him the money. This whole thing stinks and he should be getting the same punishment as everybody else - even with an appeal.