Author Topic: "Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do"  (Read 1901 times)

"Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do"
« on: February 10, 2019, 12:35:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
This is a famous quote in recent history that was also stated by Pats WR Julian Edelman again after tearing his ACL back in August of 2017. Then he came back in 2018 healthy again, helped the team win the SB and also won SB MVP just a week ago. Had a fantastic season overall.

I just love this quote, and I think it really does relate to this team too. 

There's no doubt in my mind we're a team full of talent and we do have tough guys on this team. These are tough times indeed, but I trust this team can figure it out going forward. Hopefully the Break is what this team needs and they can come back rejuvenated and with a mission. Maybe this team needed a wake-up call and that "underdog mentality" again and this is it  :)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: "Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 12:48:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Do you tough guys lose 20+ point leads two games in a row.   I  think not.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 12:48:59 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Marcus Smart is like the Julian Edelman of this team with his toughness. Love this quote!

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 12:51:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Do you tough guys lose 20+ point leads two games in a row.   I  think not.

The Patriots started the season 1-2. They lost by 24 in November to a team that didn't make the playoffs (Titans). They also lost 2 straight games in December which included the Miami Miracle.

I'm not comparing the Patriots to the Celtics obviously, but yeah, to answer your question, they actually could   :P

If they blew 20+ leads like 5 games in a row then obviously not.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 12:55:00 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Marcus Smart is like the Julian Edelman of this team with his toughness. Love this quote!

Smart sits on the bench too long.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 01:36:10 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

I have for a long time and still do believe Smart epitomizes what it means to be a Celtic. I'm not sure Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Brown really know what that means. Morris talks tough but doesn't play tough.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 02:22:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I have for a long time and still do believe Smart epitomizes what it means to be a Celtic. I'm not sure Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Brown really know what that means. Morris talks tough but doesn't play tough.

Horford to me is the same. He might not light up the stat sheet nor is he a Top-10 player in the league, but he's an unselfish team player and honestly a great fit for this team and what Brad runs. Kyrie is the best player on our team, but Horford is the engine that makes it run, and when he does well it has a trickle down effect on the team.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 02:38:14 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

We need another defensive-minded, always full-throttle guard to put in when he comes out. Smart's energy is infectious, and having someone else that could fill the same role would help a lot
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 02:40:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

We need another defensive-minded, always full-throttle guard to put in when he comes out. Smart's energy is infectious, and having someone else that could fill the same role would help a lot

Watching last night's game actually made me think, "man... could you imagine Smart AND Beverley on the same team..."  :o

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 03:14:35 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
This is a famous quote in recent history that was also stated by Pats WR Julian Edelman again after tearing his ACL back in August of 2017. Then he came back in 2018 healthy again, helped the team win the SB and also won SB MVP just a week ago. Had a fantastic season overall.

There's no doubt in my mind we're a team full of talent and we do have tough guys on this team. These are tough times indeed, but I trust this team can figure it out going forward. Hopefully the Break is what this team needs and they can come back rejuvenated and with a mission. Maybe this team needed a wake-up call and that "underdog mentality" again and this is it  :)

So you're saying the Celtics should start taking steroids??????

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 03:24:02 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Did you mean Marcus Smart, or the entire Celtics? Because I only recall Julian Edelman taking PEDs in the past, to aid him in his knee recovery. And football is a more physical sport than basketball so I can understand players using them to some extent.

At least there are no wife-beaters on this team and I sure hope not.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Did you mean Marcus Smart, or the entire Celtics? Because I only recall Julian Edelman taking PEDs in the past, to aid him in his knee recovery. And football is a more physical sport than basketball so I can understand players using them to some extent.

At least there are no wife-beaters on this team and I sure hope not.

The NFL themselves apparently don't know what he took but still suspended him for it  ::)

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 03:42:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
So you're saying the Celtics should start taking steroids?

Why not it worked for LeBron, JK

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 04:15:10 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Tank

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 04:41:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird