Poll

Which is the better player in your opinion

Demetrius Jackson
13 (31%)
Terry Rozier
29 (69%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Jackson or Rozier  (Read 9215 times)

Re: Jackson or Rozier
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 12:32:17 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
To be completely honest, I don't want to choose - I want both.

I think Jackson and Rozier both have a higher upside then Marcus Smart, and I see a Jackson/Rozier backcourt being more dangerous then any backcourt with Smart in it.

That's no disrespect to Smart - love the kid.  Just that I really like Jackson and Rozier - they are both explosive athletes who can handle the ball, score, pass, shoot, and get to the basket...and they are both tough kids who play with a lot of passion. 

I'm trying to imagine Jackson, Rozier and Brown coming off the bench this year as our backups at the PG / SG / SF spot.  That could the most athletic bench in the entire NBA.

Oh without a doubt, but especially Jackson, imo.  In looking at his stats and watching some youtube clips, lol ;D, I think he's already the best point guard on our roster, including IT, and I'll tell you why.  He's a much better defender, ball handler, shooter, passer, and can operate off the ball much more successfully, than Thomas, he has superior athleticism, quickness, and decision making to Smart, and he plays with fire but also under control and knows who he is as a player, unlike Rozier.  Here's his 24 point, 4 assist performance at Duke -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdXw7OJjZs

Tell me, because I know that I'm probably being ridiculous, here, but does anyone else see Jackson as Tim Hardaway, albeit without the signature crossover but the strength, quickness, and athleticism, not to mention the similar shooting form, meets Eric Bledsoe?  Yeah, it's probably just me, lol ;D.

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 12:40:46 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Danny said well love rozier :D

And Cal said that we'd love James Young ::).

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 11:38:48 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
As I said earlier, Jackson was outstanding in ND's 2015 tourney run...key steals and free throws

He also reminds me of a second round pick out of Marquette in the 80's named Doc Rivers

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 11:57:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
As I said earlier, Jackson was outstanding in ND's 2015 tourney run...key steals and free throws

He also reminds me of a second round pick out of Marquette in the 80's named Doc Rivers

Jackson is way more explosive than Rivers though

I think very highly of Jackson. 

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Personally I think Rozier is going to beat out Smart in the next two years. He'll make a major dent in his minutes this year and make it a tough decision and then overtake him the next. That's just my prediction