Author Topic: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"  (Read 67128 times)

Re: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"
« Reply #270 on: September 03, 2014, 11:06:38 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Jackie "the rondo hater" Mac has been downright atrocious, and pathetic with a negative bias with any and all of her reporting when it comes to rondo, fact not opinion, I'd believe a dead rats word over hers when it comes to rajon...jus saying

Check ya facts: http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8510892/rajon-rondo-steps-shadows-boston-celtics-leader

Has she ever interviewed Rondo directly or are all of her Rondo articles based on second hand reports?

Did you read the article? She's got five or six direct quotes from Rondo, plus multiple quotes from Pierce, Bradley, KG, Dooling, Wilcox, Marquis Daniels..

I'd hardly call that second hand. It's a really interesting article that gives you a different look at the 11-12 team.

No need need to point out the quotes from other people since that is what I meant by second-hand. Yes I read it when it came out. But can you really tell the quotes are told directly to her or is he addressing the media as a whole.

Btw, I wouldn't used a 2 year old a as proof she has a affinity for Rondo.

Did you read the original context from when I posted the article? Cuz I didn't post it to show she had an affinity for Rondo, I posted it to show its categorically untrue that all of her rondo-related press was negative.

Jackie "the rondo hater" Mac has been downright atrocious, and pathetic with a negative bias with any and all of her reporting when it comes to rondo, fact not opinion, I'd believe a dead rats word over hers when it comes to rajon...jus saying

Check ya facts: http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8510892/rajon-rondo-steps-shadows-boston-celtics-leader

Yes, I saw the context and my point still stands. Two years ago Doc Rivers coached the team. She is obviously a big fan of Rivers (and has built a good rapport with him), so why would she release an article that was damaging to Rondos reputation? Doc was Rondo's main PR after the Ray Allen debacle. So her ties would be severed from Doc if she released such an article. So it's not a coincidence that her opinion of Rondo changed when Doc left.

So if that's the case, then you're basically saying you believe her when she said "Doc can't stand him", right? Coincidentally, that's also the second time in a year the same thing has been reported.

It isn’t just that he doesn’t want to be a part of a rebuilding situation; it is because he has an intense dislike for point guard Rajon Rondo.

A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo dropped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.

According to both Doc and Rondo they're friends and talk to each other on a regular basis. I guess Sheridan and Jackie go to the same time capsule for their "inside information".
You know this because you've talked to Rondo and Doc about this on a frequent basis, I presume.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #271 on: September 03, 2014, 11:09:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think that there was something to Doc and Rondo's alleged antagonistic relationship, but I have zero problem believing that they have become better friends after Doc leaving. I also believe that Doc and Danny butted heads a lot more often than we realize in the last few years Doc was here.

That's speculation on my part, maybe not baseless but close to it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #272 on: September 03, 2014, 11:17:28 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
I just think it's interesting how some positions are given credence and others are dismissed as 'inside information' when the only substantial difference in credibility seems to be a poster's own emotional relationship to the reporter's statement.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #273 on: September 04, 2014, 12:42:55 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Has she ever interviewed Rondo directly or are all of her Rondo articles based on second hand reports?

Did you read the article? She's got five or six direct quotes from Rondo, plus multiple quotes from Pierce, Bradley, KG, Dooling, Wilcox, Marquis Daniels..

I'd hardly call that second hand. It's a really interesting article that gives you a different look at the 11-12 team.

No need need to point out the quotes from other people since that is what I meant by second-hand. Yes I read it when it came out. But can you really tell the quotes are told directly to her or is he addressing the media as a whole.

Did you read the original context from when I posted the article? Cuz I didn't post it to show she had an affinity for Rondo, I posted it to show its categorically untrue that all of her rondo-related press was negative.

Yes, I saw the context and my point still stands. Two years ago Doc Rivers coached the team. She is obviously a big fan of Rivers (and has built a good rapport with him), so why would she release an article that was damaging to Rondos reputation? Doc was Rondo's main PR after the Ray Allen debacle. So her ties would be severed from Doc if she released such an article. So it's not a coincidence that her opinion of Rondo changed when Doc left.

So if that's the case, then you're basically saying you believe her when she said "Doc can't stand him", right? Coincidentally, that's also the second time in a year the same thing has been reported.

It isn’t just that he doesn’t want to be a part of a rebuilding situation; it is because he has an intense dislike for point guard Rajon Rondo.

A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo dropped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.

According to both Doc and Rondo they're friends and talk to each other on a regular basis. I guess Sheridan and Jackie go to the same time capsule for their "inside information".
You know this because you've talked to Rondo and Doc about this on a frequent basis, I presume.

Should we assume that you've been defending Jackie in this thread because you overheard the conversation between her and the source that gave her the story?

« Reply #274 on: September 04, 2014, 01:00:02 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
I just think it's interesting how some positions are given credence and others are dismissed as 'inside information' when the only substantial difference in credibility seems to be a poster's own emotional relationship to the reporter's statement.

Including your own opinions, no doubt.

« Reply #275 on: September 04, 2014, 07:13:31 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

Just makes her lose more credibility in my eyes...a glowing article in between all the radio appearances and writings discrediting him, calling him immature and so on, and now it's"good riddance" what a forced, garbage article...she doesn't like rondo and never has,
I take anything she has to say about him with a grain of salt...time for the ole hag to retire, she's becoming a disgrace to Boston

« Reply #276 on: September 04, 2014, 07:24:10 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Not from my perspective.  D.o.s. seems to be an exceptionally level-headed character, especially in these turbulent parts.;)  At least he doesn't reflexively "defend" his own statements simply because he made them.  That can get pretty tiresome after a while, so I think it's great that he doesn't participate in that kind of stuff...

« Reply #277 on: September 04, 2014, 08:02:14 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Not from my perspective.  D.o.s. seems to be an exceptionally level-headed character, especially in these turbulent parts.;)  At least he doesn't reflexively "defend" his own statements simply because he made them.  That can get pretty tiresome after a while, so I think it's great that he doesn't participate in that kind of stuff...

He does reflexively "defend" his own statements at times, though not as much as some. I think one of the tricks to not reflexively defending your statements is to put a little thought into your statement before you make it, which he's generally pretty good at.

As for this thread, though, isn't he some kind of journalist? Don't you think that might shape his opinion in a thread that's focused quite a bit on the veracity of the comments of another journalist?

« Reply #278 on: September 04, 2014, 09:21:49 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
So many kind words, it's like I woke up in a parallel universe.

Insofar as my job and this thread, I'll maintain that my perspective is a lot of the shots being fired are only being fired because it was an offhand, probably unfriendly comment/assessment about 'A Celtic' which tends to get Celtics fans riled up. Doubly so when it comes to Rondo, who seems to be the great Rorschach test for our team.

Again, though, this is exactly the same kind of stuff that gets bandied about when sports people get together -- reporters, fans, whoever. My suspicion is that Jackie can't get her bosses to sign off on a story about why and whether Rondo's departure is imminent because no one in the Boston front office is willing to go on the record about it beyond a 'no comment.'

« Reply #279 on: September 04, 2014, 09:43:33 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think it is the same as it has always been. If we get a good offer we will move him. Since he wasn't 100% last year he needs to play well to start the season in order to improve his trade value (and convince teams to meet his contract demands). If the C's admitted that he is definetly getting traded it lowers his trade value which would leave to us keeping him instead of taking back .05 on the dollar.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #280 on: September 04, 2014, 10:00:59 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
My suspicion is that Jackie can't get her bosses to sign off on a story about why and whether Rondo's departure is imminent because no one in the Boston front office is willing to go on the record about it beyond a 'no comment.'

That's not how it works.  Since when did her bosses let a "no comment" from a front office prevent them from running a story?

Which is more likely...

1.  Jackie has a piece of super juicy information that literally NO ONE ELSE ON EARTH HAS but they're not running with it.

2.  Jackie doesn't actually have any hard info and was just BS-ing.

Mike

« Reply #281 on: September 04, 2014, 10:09:55 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
My suspicion is that Jackie can't get her bosses to sign off on a story about why and whether Rondo's departure is imminent because no one in the Boston front office is willing to go on the record about it beyond a 'no comment.'

That's not how it works.  Since when did her bosses let a "no comment" from a front office prevent them from running a story?

Which is more likely...

1.  Jackie has a piece of super juicy information that literally NO ONE ELSE ON EARTH HAS but they're not running with it.

Mike
exactly.  You also gotta add that she decided to let these other guys know said super juicy info for no reason whatsoever.....annnddd Rondo did this but he and his agent have decided to lie about it for the time being, knowing they will essentially be exposed later.

I'm going with wishful BSing, exaggerating, and speculating.

She's a human and prone to human mistakes.  So am I. I could be wrong.

« Reply #282 on: September 04, 2014, 10:16:36 AM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34

No I think she greatly exaggerates the tension in the relationship between Doc and Rondo because its the sexier story to tell.  Rondo and Doc admitted to bumping heads and not getting along Rondo's first year, but that's all water under the bridge. But folks like Jackie and Goodman like to use this in their Rondo gossip.

« Reply #283 on: September 04, 2014, 10:51:53 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Which is more likely...

Mike

I'd agree with Mike on this one. There are plenty of nba rumors that are mentioned without sources going on the record. I'd say it's more likely that she was voicing her opinion than anything solid.

« Reply #284 on: September 04, 2014, 10:56:16 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The Rondacolytes hear what they wanna hear.  Even if contradicting evidence is out there.

The same is true of Rondohaters.   Your both extremes of a spectrum with polarizing views that ignore anything that does not agrees with you.  There is plenty of evidence to support both sides.

exactly.

This is the part where we point out that what just happened was this:

scary jerry was saying that Jackie Mack can't be trusted because she hates Rondo, a flattering article about Rondo, written by JMac, was posted, and all of a sudden it became one of those annoying false equivalencies where "but guys  the Rondo haters are living in denial too!," which had exactly zero relevance to the point at hand -- namely that the people who think McMullan has a personal axe to grind with Rondo are allowing that belief to color their interpretation of her statements as clear examples of bias, while avoiding any evidence of her saying/writing/demonstrating anything other than dislike for Rondo.

And now my brain hurts because of all the dumb leaps I just had to describe.

Lol TP.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.