Author Topic: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"  (Read 67127 times)

Re: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"
« Reply #240 on: September 03, 2014, 12:13:59 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
The Rondacolytes hear what they wanna hear.  Even if contradicting evidence is out there.

The same is true of Rondohaters.   Your both extremes of a spectrum with polarizing views that ignore anything that does not agrees with you.  There is plenty of evidence to support both sides.

exactly.

« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2014, 12:17:04 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The Rondacolytes hear what they wanna hear.  Even if contradicting evidence is out there.

The same is true of Rondohaters.   Your both extremes of a spectrum with polarizing views that ignore anything that does not agrees with you.  There is plenty of evidence to support both sides.

exactly.

This is the part where we point out that what just happened was this:

scary jerry was saying that Jackie Mack can't be trusted because she hates Rondo, a flattering article about Rondo, written by JMac, was posted, and all of a sudden it became one of those annoying false equivalencies where "but guys  the Rondo haters are living in denial too!," which had exactly zero relevance to the point at hand -- namely that the people who think McMullan has a personal axe to grind with Rondo are allowing that belief to color their interpretation of her statements as clear examples of bias, while avoiding any evidence of her saying/writing/demonstrating anything other than dislike for Rondo.

And now my brain hurts because of all the dumb leaps I just had to describe.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2014, 12:22:34 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

exactly.

scary jerry was saying that Jackie Mack can't be trusted because she hates Rondo, a flattering article about Rondo, written by JMac, was posted, and all of a sudden it became one of those annoying false equivalencies where "but guys  the Rondo haters are living in denial too!," which had exactly zero relevance to the point at hand -- namely that the people who think McMullan has a personal axe to grind with Rondo are allowing that belief to color their interpretation of her statements as clear examples of bias, while avoiding any evidence of her saying/writing/demonstrating anything other than dislike for Rondo.

Pretty much. 

D.O.S. gets it.  I was pointing out one particular instance here and it becomes another "well, its the same thing the other way too" cry.  Which I was not addressing.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2014, 12:31:41 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
So since I haven't followed this entire topic, a refresher: is Jackie Mac still a disrespectful wench while Blakely is a saint and all that is right in the journalism world?

Just want to make sure I've got my facts correct for when I go on my next misogynistic rant against a writer for saying something unflattering about one of my favorite players.

« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2014, 12:38:33 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480

exactly.

Sorry, but my comment wasn't really about this specific issue as much as a general comment in that there seems no middle ground at all when it comes to Rondo.  I should have made that clear, then your brain would have been free from hurt.

« Reply #245 on: September 03, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

exactly.

Sorry, but my comment wasn't really about this specific issue as much as a general comment in that there seems no middle ground at all when it comes to Rondo.  I should have made that clear, then your brain would have been free from hurt.

There is middle ground.  The problem is that the opposite ends of the spectrum are the most vocal & confrontational (and often, irrational) when it comes to the topic of Rondo on these boards.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
She clearly has a bias against Rondo. Isola says to her "now that love is traded, you know your boy Rondo is next". She responds "good riddance". Then she goes on to say how Doc can't stand him, but just recently Doc says he still talks to Rondo. She clearly is not a fan of Rondo.

So I was never even able to watch the video.  Did Jackie make the "good riddance" comment in the video?  If not, where is that from?

If that is what she said about Rondo, I don't know how that is just "Rondocolytes hear what they wanna hear."  I honestly haven't paid enough attention to Jackie to know if she has some type of rondo-bias or not.  She seemed like a thoughtful writer to me, but does that make her right 100% of the time, or bias free.  I doubt it.

yes, she say good riddance in the video, It was one of the first things she says when Iosla starts talking to her about it

« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2014, 01:31:44 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
Jackie "the rondo hater" Mac has been downright atrocious, and pathetic with a negative bias with any and all of her reporting when it comes to rondo, fact not opinion, I'd believe a dead rats word over hers when it comes to rajon...jus saying

Check ya facts: http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8510892/rajon-rondo-steps-shadows-boston-celtics-leader

Has she ever interviewed Rondo directly or are all of her Rondo articles based on second hand reports?

« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2014, 01:38:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
She clearly has a bias against Rondo. Isola says to her "now that love is traded, you know your boy Rondo is next". She responds "good riddance". Then she goes on to say how Doc can't stand him, but just recently Doc says he still talks to Rondo. She clearly is not a fan of Rondo.

So I was never even able to watch the video.  Did Jackie make the "good riddance" comment in the video?  If not, where is that from?

If that is what she said about Rondo, I don't know how that is just "Rondocolytes hear what they wanna hear."  I honestly haven't paid enough attention to Jackie to know if she has some type of rondo-bias or not.  She seemed like a thoughtful writer to me, but does that make her right 100% of the time, or bias free.  I doubt it.

yes, she say good riddance in the video, It was one of the first things she says when Iosla starts talking to her about it

No, she never says "Good riddance". This does happen though:

Frank Isola: Hey Jackie now that Kevin Love's traded you know who's next. Your boy, Rondo.
Jackie: Oh I hope so. Just get it done. And it will happen, cuz he's told them he wants out.

And the way she said "Oh I hope so. Just get it done" was more exasperation than anything else.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2014, 01:44:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Jackie "the rondo hater" Mac has been downright atrocious, and pathetic with a negative bias with any and all of her reporting when it comes to rondo, fact not opinion, I'd believe a dead rats word over hers when it comes to rajon...jus saying

Check ya facts: http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8510892/rajon-rondo-steps-shadows-boston-celtics-leader

Has she ever interviewed Rondo directly or are all of her Rondo articles based on second hand reports?

Did you read the article? She's got five or six direct quotes from Rondo, plus multiple quotes from Pierce, Bradley, KG, Dooling, Wilcox, Marquis Daniels..

I'd hardly call that second hand. It's a really interesting article that gives you a different look at the 11-12 team.

« Reply #250 on: September 03, 2014, 01:47:39 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34

Did you read the article? She's got five or six direct quotes from Rondo, plus multiple quotes from Pierce, Bradley, KG, Dooling, Wilcox, Marquis Daniels..

I'd hardly call that second hand. It's a really interesting article that gives you a different look at the 11-12 team.

No need need to point out the quotes from other people since that is what I meant by second-hand. Yes I read it when it came out. But can you really tell the quotes are told directly to her or is he addressing the media as a whole.

Btw, I wouldn't used a 2 year old a as proof she has a affinity for Rondo.

« Reply #251 on: September 03, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Just listened to the new B.S. Report, not something I usually do, to see if they had any Rondo news. It was mostly just speculation and more half-baked Rondo trades by Bill. There was a Charlotte one that was just....

Lowe did confirm what everyone has known all along, the market for Rondo is hard to judge because of his weaknesses and the depth at point guard. So there's a good chance he's not going anywhere soon.  :D

« Reply #252 on: September 03, 2014, 01:51:54 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

No, she never says "Good riddance". This does happen though:

Frank Isola: Hey Jackie now that Kevin Love's traded you know who's next. Your boy, Rondo.
Jackie: Oh I hope so. Just get it done. And it will happen, cuz he's told them he wants out.

And the way she said "Oh I hope so. Just get it done" was more exasperation than anything else.

ok my bad , I still got the feeling of "good riddance " out of it , but you could be right.

Why it felt like good riddance to me is because the first thing she says is , " oh I hope so, just get it done "

Then her next thought is : "I don't see how you can even get 80 cents on the dollar for him "

It felt to me she is basically saying just trade him even if you aren't getting fair value , just get him out of here and have this be over with .

you can still watch the video on deadspin here:

http://deadspin.com/jackie-macmullan-strongly-believes-rajon-rondo-wants-ou-1629077591

« Reply #253 on: September 03, 2014, 01:54:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

No need need to point out the quotes from other people since that is what I meant by second-hand. Yes I read it when it came out. But can you really tell the quotes are told directly to her or is he addressing the media as a whole.

Btw, I wouldn't used a 2 year old a as proof she has a affinity for Rondo.

Did you read the original context from when I posted the article? Cuz I didn't post it to show she had an affinity for Rondo, I posted it to show its categorically untrue that all of her rondo-related press was negative.

« Reply #254 on: September 03, 2014, 01:57:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
that said, there's really nothing more to that video than riffing to fill up dead air.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.