Author Topic: How much can #16 + 2016 Brooklyn pick can get you  (Read 6846 times)

Re: How much can #16 + 2016 Brooklyn pick can get you
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2015, 11:59:25 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Brooklyn pick is probably 12-18 unless they get rid of their stars. 

Brooklyn has stars?
They have players who have carried that label in the past, thus they still carry it. Its like how my uncle is a retired chef, so people still call him chef.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I dont think its a good idea to deal uncertain picks.

Right now we dont know where is pick will land at all.
As do other GMs who would try to buy low on these picks.

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 12:33:19 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Brooklyn probably won't make the playoffs next year. Cleveland, Atlanta, Washington, Toronto, Chicago, and Milwaukee will all still be good, while Indiana gets Paul George back, Miami gets Bosh back plus the 10th pick, Detroit is improving, and the Celtics will be there. I don't see Brooklyn beating any of those teams out. Lopez will probably opt out and if he wants a better situation, The Nets are cooked. Thad Young and Deron Williams decaying corpse ain't getting them very far.

That's all to say, lets wait it out with those Nets picks.
Indiana should be better with George back.  However their desire but probable inability to get rid of Hibbert and West could cause them problems next season.

How is Detroit improving?  They're probably going to lose Monroe.  They have Josh Smith's salary killing their cap space.  Are they going to pay a lot to keep Jackson or are they going to revert back to Jennings as their starting PG.  Drummond is a very good rebounder and defender but his offense continues to suck. 

Miami is an older, injury prone team.  Wade, Deng and Dragic all could opt out and leave. 

The Celtics got by on lesser talent but a lot of effort last season.  If we don't get a significant infusion of talent, I expect us to take a step back record wise. 

If the Nets have Lopez and Young, they should be competitive for the last couple playoff spots.