Author Topic: We made it to Shaqtin a fool  (Read 6289 times)

We made it to Shaqtin a fool
« on: May 01, 2015, 12:16:29 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
0:37  ;)

But tbh, the final kiss is by far the best one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W85rCkXQTx4

Re: We made it to Shaqtin a fool
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Thanks for sharing, TP.  That was pitiful Sully's defense, CBS showed real disgust.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 01:20:53 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Ha ha--that's a screen Bradley couldn't fight through.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 01:33:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Ha ha--that's a screen Bradley couldn't fight through.
He can't fight through any screen.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 01:43:23 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
National tv is national tv...

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 02:04:40 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2947
I found it hilarious. It actually looked like Sully was setting a screen for James lol

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 02:14:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I found it hilarious. It actually looked like Sully was setting a screen for James lol

That's why he made it to the program :)

It was more  of a timing miscue more than anything as just when Sullinger went to challenge LeBron began his move, but that doesn't excuse Sully's preparedness to move his feet accordingly.

My theory is that he thought LeBron was coming to post up on Bradley, so he went to defend the way he did with that in mind. Not with the intention to double, but to prevent the post up. That's what I think happened if anything, other than LeBron making him look like a fool.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 03:42:13 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Two things are happening there.

1) Physics, it is hard to stop a load like that, that is steam rolling forward.  Sully's momentum and just ran him into Bradley.

2) Smart basketball players know you can get by a guy who is coming at you because they can't change direction.   LeBron is many things but he does not lack basketball IQ or acumen.   So if a guy is charging towards you, you drive.  It works more often than not, especially if you drive on his lead foot.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 03:49:07 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Two things are happening there.

1) Physics, it is hard to stop a load like that, that is steam rolling forward.  Sully's momentum and just ran him into Bradley.

2) Smart basketball players know you can get by a guy who is coming at you because they can't change direction.   LeBron is many things but he does not lack basketball IQ or acumen.   So if a guy is charging towards you, you drive.  It works more often than not, especially if you drive on his lead foot.

It's interesting how rarely #2 happens, most just let the double arrive and pass it out or such.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 07:30:22 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Funny stuff.  ;D
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 11:06:32 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Funny stuff.  ;D
il bacio al finale e veramente meraviglioso lol

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 11:47:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
It's interesting how rarely #2 happens, most just let the double arrive and pass it out or such.
  They drive lead foot a lot , a guy can't stop if he is moving towards you, but pros today avoid contact a lot Rick Barry did it as good as anyone I ever seen.  Most guys to be honest don't know it even today AAU ball has eroded the fundamentals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7bz5g7LtuI

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 03:33:32 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Sully is an inteligent player, but just too slow and overweighted.

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 09:26:52 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
LeBron is many things but he does not lack basketball IQ or acumen.

So many people talk about Lebron's supposedly super high Basketball IQ, but to be honest I've never seen it.

I look at guys like Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett and I see a bunch of guys who constantly seem to defeat opponents with their minds - by always being one step ahead, or by making those little moves to throw their defenders /offensive assignments off.

With Lebron I've just never seen that.  Every time I've watched him play he is beating guys with his size, strength and athleticism - just his pure physical dominance.  I don't think I have ever seen Lebron make a play on either end of the floor that left me thinking "[dang], that was a smart play". 

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 10:18:44 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
LeBron is many things but he does not lack basketball IQ or acumen.

So many people talk about Lebron's supposedly super high Basketball IQ, but to be honest I've never seen it.

I look at guys like Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett and I see a bunch of guys who constantly seem to defeat opponents with their minds - by always being one step ahead, or by making those little moves to throw their defenders /offensive assignments off.

With Lebron I've just never seen that.  Every time I've watched him play he is beating guys with his size, strength and athleticism - just his pure physical dominance.  I don't think I have ever seen Lebron make a play on either end of the floor that left me thinking "[dang], that was a smart play".
Honest question: does this qualify?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPJL7FHUE08