Author Topic: Rasheed in the Post  (Read 1675 times)

Rasheed in the Post
« on: November 14, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
You know, I like that Rasheed can nail some threes. But I think he is being way, way under utilised right now by Doc.

Rasheed has a very nice back to the basket game in the post ( centered around both baselines and the low blocks form around 8-10 feet out ). Nice turn around jumper that's pretty consistent.

I'd really look to put him down there alot more when he's in with KG, who likes the 15-20 foot jumper.

It puts pressure on the D and creats soem good inside out game. Plus if there's enough motion around him, he's a good passer.

I'd try to run about 5-6 low post plays for Rasheed a night. You cna always float him back out to the three point line here and there as well.

But to use him primarily as a spot up three point shooter...No, no, no...

that also affects your offensive rebounding having your biggest guy constantly somewher between the three point line and half court on offense.

I really think he is being way under utilised thus far this season.

Re: Rasheed in the Post
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 02:15:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
considering the fact he won't play in the post as much as he should has been a knock on sheed for his entire career, as well as on KG, what makes you think it's something that will change now?

we knew what type of player sheed was coming in, and it's not a go to low post guy. Silly to expect him to abandon the game he's decided to play for his career to become a low post first guy.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:32:30 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't really care for a career 33% three point shooter jacking them up either, but what can we do? This is who the guy is.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Unfortunately, how much Rasheed Wallace plays in the post is entirely down to Rasheed Wallace.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 02:45:20 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
When you work the team offense, and a shot comes up that is considered a good shot... you take it. I've said this a million times, it's not like every time down the floor Rondo is saying, "ok guys lets run the Sheed for 3 play". They move the ball around and the player with the best shot takes it.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 02:46:25 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Unfortunately, how much Rasheed Wallace plays in the post is entirely down to Rasheed Wallace.

Or who the other big on the floor is... Doc has said that if he's out there with Perk then Sheed's job is to spread the floor, if its KG then you might see him down on the block, or KG will be on the block.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 12:18:18 AM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
I don't see Rasheed as unwilling to play in the post at all. In fact, whenever he does get the ball down low he is actually much more efficient than he is form three land.

Rasheed has a "very good" back to the basket post game, from about 8-10 feet through the lane in a baseline to baseline arc of about 8-10 feet from the rim.

He is better down there than KG, who generally takes all "fade aways" on most of his shots.

Also, no where in my post did I say, let's make Rasheed strictly a low post player. I understand he also is effective spreading the floor when nexessary due to his three point shot.

But to just have him hanging around at the three line is underutilising what is a very good back to the basket post game with a very accurate little turn around jumper.

I am simply advocating mixing it up and using all his skills, not just one.

Get him some different looks every game. Put him down in the block 5-6 times a game.