Author Topic: I'm happy, yet sad too.  (Read 5673 times)

Re: I'm happy, yet sad too.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 04:06:35 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
I feel no sadness at all.

Tired - yup, you betchya, but not sad.

Much like Danny, I am looking at the draft, the summer tryouts and free agents -- no sadness here, just hope.

(but I know where you're coming from!)
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 04:11:10 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I hear what you're saying, and as I was reading this post I realized something.  WE FREAKING OWN #17!!!  Remember all those posts about wanting #17?  We can throw all those away cuz now we have it!  WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!  That is so freaking sweet!

Now bring on #18!!!
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Yeah the Sox will take some attention, the Pats and their season starting, some good summer movies, maybe get some TV shows on DVD I haven't seen. Spend some time with the family. Follow the C's offseason transactions, Ainge Time, and then get ready for the path to #18... Nothing can match it when the Celtics are in the thick of things, nothing, Not the Sox, Pats, or any other sporting event (no Tiger? there goes golf) - but the great news is that as much as I was into the offseasons past, this one will be Ainge's shinning hour, how does he top last year? Can he add anything of value? Keep pieces together? Pre-season can't start soon enough! But with all the games on TIVO, the DVD sure to come, there's enough to tide me over for a while...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 04:14:40 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
it'll be a nice little break, and the shortest offseason we've had in 22 years. Enjoy the Red Sox, wait for the DVD.. and the next thing you know, the season will sneak up on us.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 05:16:17 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
My "basketball jones" have just begun ... this is NBA withdrawal time, and I hate it. Thankfully the high of the championship will last a few days, then I'll have to start hanging on to the Red Sox, EURO, and then the Olympics ... but it's just not the same without hoops. Gotta hit the links and softball and pick-up games or the summer league ... it's sooooooo long until pre-season!!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 05:36:51 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Yep,"Me Too"  ;)

Although perhaps it was the confidence I had in this team and the match up, I posted here pregame 6 that I was hoping for a seventh, simply to extend the season and to see one more game played, in my own selfishness I suppose...

But oh what a game 6 it was when the stars all aligned and the potential of this team was realized as they fully jelled as a team, in the highest scoring game of the year...

I too fully realized just after the start of the second half, that this would be the last I was going to be able to see of them for awhile; A bit of sadness and loss came into my conciousness... Talk about conflicting emotions; Then a Tony Allen reverse slam, WhoooHoooo  8)

DuckBoats and memorys now...

Drive for eighteen cannot begin soon enough; Rest and heal for a few weeks boys , I suppose...

'bout them Sox  ;)
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 05:45:26 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
I love the draft but when that's over I'm going to be very glad for a break.
So much emotion was put into this season I'll be very glad to take a rest from basketball and give attention to other things I have completely ignored during the season.

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 08:24:44 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
I'm gonna be sad as well.

Just enjoying the ride all year and the anticipation of watching this glorious team I now have nothing to look forward to all summer.

No more Celtics fix and watching great basketball for a few months is going to be tough.