Author Topic: KG & Ray on Letterman  (Read 9353 times)

Re: KG & Ray on Letterman
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 07:36:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
They were pretty funny.  Kidlike with their new champions status.
Yup

Re: KG & Ray on Letterman
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 07:48:58 PM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Not sure if anyone would know this (maybe Big Ticket if noone else) - but has anyone ever seen Garnett interviewed in a relaxed atmosphere such as this?  I know he had a John Thompson interview back in 2005 but that was a serious interview about the Wolves losing and how bad it was in Minnesota.

I have never seen Garnett in a talk show type atmosphere, and never heard of him doing a radio interview so I kind of hope maybe this won't be the only time we get to see him like this.

One of the posters was right, Letterman didn't really conduct that great of an interview - I guess it would have been easier if they were each on seperately, but I thought there could have been a few more questions to each.  Otherwise it was a great interview.

It's very rare that he does interviews like this.  He is a very shy guy off the court.  Basketball is his sanctuary, put him in front of a camera and tons of people outside of that and he gets nervous.  Did you see how much nervous energy he had on Letterman?  He couldn't keep still, he didn't look at the camera much, had his hands on his face a lot... I wasn't surprised one bit, but I was wondering if anyone else would notice.

And to answer your question... he did go on the Craig Kilbourn Show in 2003 or so along with Sam and Spree (Kilbourn is from Minnesota and went through the Wolves training camp that year).  I know he's never been on Best [dang] Sports Show and they've wanted him to be a guest for a long time. 

He's a very private guy who keeps a very tight circle and really protects his personal life.

Yeah that's what I figured - for some reason I think I watched that Kilbourne show but I don't remember it.  I knew he was a big Wolves fan and liked KG a lot.  I know KG is private off the court but it would be nice if this championship kind of gave him more trust in media and he became (somewhat) more accessible.

That's probably just false hope though - but he's got a great personality when he actually shows it.  It contradicts what a maniac he is on the floor LOL.