Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 249612 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Draft this Thurs, Sep. 25 from 12-5 pm.
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2014, 10:08:10 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
In case anyone was wondering cut-down day is probably going to be Oct. 17.

For now I've also set Yahoo! up that you have to set your keepers there by Oct. 18:

I think the easiest thing will be that once you submit your cut-down roster of 16 players on the Celticsblog forums (or via PM to me) go and select whichever of the 16 players you ended last year with that are still on your roster after cutdown as your keepers.

For some teams (like Utah) this will be a low number, for some it may be all 16 players.

Then all I'll have to do is go in and assign whatever players (rookies, traded players) changed teams --- a relatively small # (say 40-50) of the 320 total players.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2014, 10:23:35 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Since it got buried a bit, I'll repost:

If you're looking for 2 (or 3) prospects for the price of one, I'm offering some combination of the #25, #35, and Livio-Jean Charles to move up in the draft.  If you're unfamiliar with LJC, he's a 20 year-old forward, Spurs draftee from France who's coming over in a year.  Made his name by dominating this year's top draft picks at the Nike Hoops Summit.  Here's King Charles teaching Aaron Gordon all about the right of prima blocta:

Other assets might be available if what you're offering is good enough.  Rest of the roster is:

Mo Williams
Jameer Nelson
Kent "BAZEDGOD" Bazemore
Kyle O'Quinn
Kelly Olynyk
Draymond Green
JR "JR" Smith
Josh Smith
Rudy Gay
Chandler Parsons
Brandon Knight
Klay Thompson
Greg Monroe
Carmelo Anthony

Again, #25, 35, Livio-Jean Charles available for a move up in the draft.  Get yourself some young talent!

« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2014, 10:29:36 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
In case anyone was wondering cut-down day is probably going to be Oct. 17.

For now I've also set Yahoo! up that you have to set your keepers there by Oct. 18:

I think the easiest thing will be that once you submit your cut-down roster of 16 players on the Celticsblog forums (or via PM to me) go and select whichever of the 16 players you ended last year with that are still on your roster after cutdown as your keepers.

For some teams (like Utah) this will be a low number, for some it may be all 16 players.

Then all I'll have to do is go in and assign whatever players (rookies, traded players) changed teams --- a relatively small # (say 40-50) of the 320 total players.

Point of reference.

Last seasons keeper count was 6.

This seasons keeper count is currently 12.

The UF front office calls that "Progress".

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2014, 11:00:48 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Trade Announcement #3

Eja trades:
- Anthony Davis
- 2014 #21 pick
- Eja's 2015 2nd rounder
- Toines Boys 2015 2nd rounder
- Xavier Henry
- James Johnson
- Jordan Farmar.

jayhovaone trades:
- David Lee
- Jeff Teague
- Ty Lawson
- Marc Gasol
- Jayhovaone's 2015 first rounder

In fairness to Jay, the Lee, Teague, Ty, & Marc part of the deal for Davis doesn't bother me. I have always been in the opinion that it's 'ok' to overpay for an asset that you want. As TWW pointed out, the major mistake that Jay made was including his 2015#1 in the deal.

IMO, the two #2s, Farmar, Henry, & JJ are just stuff. Jay may be able to move Henry and/or JJ to contenders for value at some point though.

#21 is a good pick this year. There will be a number of good players available.

Jay still has some decent tradeable talent on his roster, Taj, Trevor, Tucker, Boris, and McBoberts all should bring decent return. Jay could have an interesting young roster soon enough. I am interested to see who he selects at #21, waiver moves, and his next trade.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Trade Announcement #3

Eja trades:
- Anthony Davis
- 2014 #21 pick
- Eja's 2015 2nd rounder
- Xavier Henry
- James Johnson
- Jordan Farmar.

jayhovaone trades:
- David Lee
- Jeff Teague
- Ty Lawson
- Marc Gasol

Jay still has some decent tradeable talent on his roster, Taj, Trevor, Tucker, Boris, and McBoberts all should bring decent return. Jay could have an interesting young roster soon enough. I am interested to see who he selects at #21, waiver moves, and his next trade.

Mk

And based on his past history, some lucky GM will get to take all that over when he gets kicked out of the league for inactivity again.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2014, 11:15:04 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Trade Announcement #3

Eja trades:
- Anthony Davis
- 2014 #21 pick
- Eja's 2015 2nd rounder
- Xavier Henry
- James Johnson
- Jordan Farmar.

jayhovaone trades:
- David Lee
- Jeff Teague
- Ty Lawson
- Marc Gasol

Mk

And based on his past history, some lucky GM will get to take all that over when he gets kicked out of the league for inactivity again.

Jay's in the Points league and is normally active. I assume he will be here to.... at least I hope so.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
Trade Announcement #3

Eja trades:
- Anthony Davis
- 2014 #21 pick
- Eja's 2015 2nd rounder
- Xavier Henry
- James Johnson
- Jordan Farmar.

jayhovaone trades:
- David Lee
- Jeff Teague
- Ty Lawson
- Marc Gasol

Mk

Jay's in the Points league and is normally active. I assume he will be here to.... at least I hope so.

Mk

I believe he's on his second team there as well, but yeah, he was definitely more active this past year than he had been when we started this thing.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2014, 11:32:13 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
(takes off commish hat, puts on GM hat....)

I just don't get the need/desire to BLOW-IT-UP a week after joining the league.

The best player I traded the offseason I joined (taking over the #15 team) was the mighty Andris Biedrins. I was the #4 seed my 2nd season.

Of course results may vary... Dorell Wright only has a career year once... but in a league like this I just don't see the need to move so quickly (and suggested as much to Jay and DinoGanga when they joined the league.)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2014, 11:45:25 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
In fairness to Jay, the Lee, Teague, Ty, & Marc part of the deal for Davis doesn't bother me. I have always been in the opinion that it's 'ok' to overpay for an asset that you want. As TWW pointed out, the major mistake that Jay made was including his 2015#1 in the deal.

IMO, the two #2s, Farmar, Henry, & JJ are just stuff. Jay may be able to move Henry and/or JJ to contenders for value at some point though.

#21 is a good pick this year. There will be a number of good players available.

Mk

If he doesn't miss the draft tomorrow. If this trade goes through Jay also still has a PG rotation of Brian Roberts, Jordan Farmar, and Etwuan Moore.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:53:41 AM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2014, 12:25:28 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
My h2h roster:

Kyle Lowry Tor - PG
Paul Millsap Atl - PF,C
Thaddeus Young Min - SF,PF
DeMar DeRozan Tor - SG,SF
George Hill Ind - PG,SG
Arron Afflalo Den - SG,SF
Jordan Hill LAL - PF,C
Wilson Chandler Den - SG,SF
Jarrett Jack Bkn - PG,SG
Andre Miller Was - PG,SG
Brandon Bass Bos - PF,C
Martell Webster Was - SG,SF
Jason Thompson Sac - PF,C
Luis Scola Ind - PF,C
Carl Landry Sac - SF,PF
Greg Oden Mia - C

Yes, that team finished 3rd last year. No, I'm not sure how either. Anyway, shoot me an offer if you see anything you like.

« Reply #310 on: September 24, 2014, 01:28:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
(takes off commish hat, puts on GM hat....)

I just don't get the need/desire to BLOW-IT-UP a week after joining the league.

The best player I traded the offseason I joined (taking over the #15 team) was the mighty Andris Biedrins. I was the #4 seed my 2nd season.

Of course results may vary... Dorell Wright only has a career year once... but in a league like this I just don't see the need to move so quickly (and suggested as much to Jay and DinoGanga when they joined the league.)
I guess philosophically this is the closest I can answer to that....I don't think Jay would mind me saying this.

The official quote from him was "I want to build from the ground up". 

It definitely looks a lot like a blow up move more than a build move, but I mean if you're gonna blow up you go get yourself the best player/asset in the game and give up some guys that are significantly older.

Also it's not like he was a top 5 team. He was a middle of the pack guy with no first rounder who had missed the playoffs.

Now he has the best guy, a very high 2nd this year and 3 seconds next year.  He's not exactly dead in the water.

It's two teams stuck in the middle. One team decides to put his stamp on it and the other goes for the playoffs. I've never been to the playoffs. I have no idea what I'm doing. In BOTH leagues.

But I agree with GC. Blowing it all up right away is definitely an ill advised move, but I just didn't feel it was my place to advise the guy. I tried to beat him off with a stick (no snickering) and he just wouldn't budge. Knew what he wanted. Made me an offer I couldn't refuse. There was no way I could tell him "Well that's just not a fair offer."

« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2014, 01:58:54 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
How many second round picks end up on the waiver wire by the cut-off date only to  be picked by a a vigilant GM a few years later (if those players show signs of production, ofcourse) ?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:04:19 PM by barefacedmonk »
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #312 on: September 24, 2014, 02:03:02 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
But if second round picks have any value, I'm putting my 2015 second round pick....AND my FIRST round pick on the block.....PLUS you can probably get Blatche in the same deal....he is no Livio Jean Charles, but puts up decent numbers for fantasy ball purposes. :P

« Reply #313 on: September 24, 2014, 02:03:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
How many second round picks end up on the waiver wire by the cut-off date only to  be picked by a a vigilant GM a few years later?
I think it depends a little on how bad a GM needs them and on whether they can be included in other deals.

« Reply #314 on: September 24, 2014, 02:05:45 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
How many second round picks end up on the waiver wire by the cut-off date only to  be picked by a a vigilant GM a few years later?
I think it depends a little on how bad a GM needs them and on whether they can be included in other deals.

If the GM needs them that bad to make any deal, his first round pick is probably a LOT MORE valuable.