Author Topic: Trade Deadline News (Celtics get Tillman, Jaden Springer)  (Read 25111 times)

Re: Trade Deadline News (Celtics get Tillman)
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2024, 03:35:57 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
League sources tell MassLive that Boston is likely to make another move ahead of the trade deadline in the wake of the Tillman deal. Brad Stevens has been open about wanting to add more wing depth to the roster and losing Stevens in the Tillman deal could be a sign the team plans to bring in another body at that spot.

Boston still has six future second round draft picks available for trade including two for the 2024 NBA Draft. The team also has three future first round picks among their assets.

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2024, 03:36:25 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
is he healthy? cause everyone on the Memphis roster is hurt. 

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2024, 03:37:08 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Also, Tillman was the rare player who fit into the Justin Jackson TPE, for all of those who belittle trade exceptions!  ;D

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2024, 03:38:25 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
is he healthy? cause everyone on the Memphis roster is hurt.

He is hurt, but I think he was trade deadline hurt, if you get my drift.

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2024, 03:46:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Good move! And we still have the Grant TPE too. Honestly wasn't sure if Tillman would even be available.

With Tillman at PF/C, I wonder if they now go hard after Lonnie Walker. It makes a ton of sense. He'd be a scoring weapon off the bench and provide good injury/foul trouble/fatigue insurance for the 2nd half + postseason 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2024, 03:47:44 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Very slow. Can’t jump, undersized, horrible ft shooter. Bad shooter overall . Big strong shoulders. I don’t see him as playing over Brisset or Kornet but we’ll see. Just adding another option for nothing . I felt Lamar was a better player but a different player.
  I’m kind of excited because I think they WILL go for a wing now and I just don’t think we really needed another big other than regular season insurance in case of injury.

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2024, 03:51:20 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Good move! And we still have the Grant TPE too. Honestly wasn't sure if Tillman would even be available.

With Tillman at PF/C, I wonder if they now go hard after Lonnie Walker. It makes a ton of sense. He'd be a scoring weapon off the bench and provide good injury/foul trouble/fatigue insurance for the 2nd half + postseason

I’m with you about Lonnie Walker. We all know ultimately we need to be one of the fortunate teams that has their health at the end, just like all contenders. But I feel like if say Jrue or White went down , a guy like Lonnie Walker would give the Celtics still an outside chance of winning it . They are obviously the better players but Walker is pretty talented . I’d be thrilled.

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2024, 03:56:11 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
is Tillman better than Kornet or Queta?  not being argumentative, I just don't know.

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2024, 03:56:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Love it. Gives us some good big depth, though I hate losing Stevens in the deal.

Will be interesting to see what our next move (if any) is.

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2024, 03:57:27 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
So he is a massive body to bang with Greek Freak, Embiid, or Joker as needed (aka like Semi or Grant)?

This is what I was thinking.  They needed someone who can play D, soak up a few minutes and fouls on these types of players.  I was hoping for Fontecchio but that ship sailed to Detriot.  Tillman is 25.  Restricted FA I think someone said and shouldn't require much to resign next year to help fill out the roster.  He's averaging a block and steal per game this year in 20mpg.  1.7asp game as well so he's not a black hole when the ball comes his way.  dreadful 3pt shooter.  He seems like another Oshae.  same age, height.  He's a little thicker then Oshae.  Hopefully he can finish around the rim better the Oshae.

I still think the C's needed another shooter off the bench.
I really like Oshae, but it seems like Tillman could pretty much replace him for that frontcourt role, even play some small-ball 5 which I don't think Oshae could do. Too bad for Oshae, he was just coming around with his hustle and board-crashing (but obviously not the shooting). Maybe he gets moved in the 2nd deal.

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2024, 04:13:14 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
is Tillman better than Kornet or Queta?  not being argumentative, I just don't know.

I think he’s more capable of playing the 4 than those two, so he’s better in that he’s a little more versatile defensively.  I’d say each of them have strengths that are better than the others, so it will depend a little on what the C’s are looking for on any given night they choose to go to one.

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2024, 04:15:26 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Did Stevens played 20 minutes total this season??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2024, 04:17:44 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Rather have Drummond but hope Tillman helps..he’s only 6-7, thought he was 6-11
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2024, 04:19:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I really want Walker. Would provide some really good minutes off the bench.

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2024, 04:38:28 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436

I think he’s more capable of playing the 4 than those two, so he’s better in that he’s a little more versatile defensively.
I’d say each of them have strengths that are better than the others, so it will depend a little on what the C’s are looking for on any given night they choose to go to one.

Agreed. That’s essentially what I was going to say.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.