Author Topic: Emotional Game = Slowed C-Blog Site?  (Read 3887 times)

Emotional Game = Slowed C-Blog Site?
« on: May 27, 2010, 12:47:48 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Was I the only person who had a great deal of difficulty posting in the game thread tonight? 

I have roadrunner 10MB service, and regularly download at 1MB/sec speed for most vids/movies, and while all other internet sites worked great, the Celticsblog game thread was impossible to access. 

Occasionally I could read some posts, but I think I got about 1 in 10 posts successfully through w/o timing out. 

I attributed this to a plethora of people trying to post in the game thread here.  Somehow Reggie got through with Donagy 1,000 times over, which I loved and laughed at, but it seemed that the great injustice of game 5 caused this site to really slow down.  Was I the only one?

Re: Emotional Game = Slowed C-Blog Site?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 01:05:37 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Was I the only person who had a great deal of difficulty posting in the game thread tonight? 

I have roadrunner 10MB service, and regularly download at 1MB/sec speed for most vids/movies, and while all other internet sites worked great, the Celticsblog game thread was impossible to access. 

Occasionally I could read some posts, but I think I got about 1 in 10 posts successfully through w/o timing out. 

I attributed this to a plethora of people trying to post in the game thread here.  Somehow Reggie got through with Donagy 1,000 times over, which I loved and laughed at, but it seemed that the great injustice of game 5 caused this site to really slow down.  Was I the only one?

It's obvious isn't it?  SB Nation is in bed with Stern.  ::)

Seriously, it has affected the quality of my participation in game thread too, and I have seen other comments.  The server must be having a really hard time -- but CBlog had same problem even before moving to SB Nation. 

That said, until Jeff stars charging us, I still think we need to be thankful for what we have.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 01:06:26 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The site has been crashing during peak game times for much of the playoffs, but especially tonight.  It's because the site is being pounded by tons of refreshes and attempts to post at the same time.

SBN is attempting to fix the issue, but thus far, no dice.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 01:09:30 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Well, we should at least be proud we are the team fan base bringing the conglomerate SBNation to its knees. Heck none of these other NBA teams even have forums. This is the most vibrant, active, passionate site around. Stinks to have the threads bogged down during games when we all want to vent but, hey, lets be proud that its because we all care so much.