Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 28364 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
All this drama, I think I'm ready to move on too. I think I'd rather make a move for Beal.

Brown, Baynes, this year's buyout player, SAC pick signed, LAC pick signed, and Yabu for Beal.

Irving, Beal, Hayward, Tatum, Horford
Smart, Veteran Min. (Crawford?), Ojeleye, re-sign Theis, Williams
2019 BOS pick (Tre Jones?), re-sign Wanamaker, fill out the team with Veteran min.

The sad thing is, it really isn’t drama.  It’s perceived drama for some people, created by stories and fake news put out over and over by parties of interest to make the Celtics look unstable.  It sours people on certain things, like Davis and it’s effective in what it’s aimed to do.  Really messed up and disturbing.

Even still, I think I'd rather bring in Beal and keep Tatum then go after Davis.

Naw, got enough wings.

Go after a proper center.

Randle, Vucevic, Nurkic, Jonas

Yeah there's a thing called NBA salary cap...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The idea that Al Horford isn't a proper center is such a strange one.

Though if we don't get Anthony Davis we need to keep looking for a younger option to step in once Big Al's decline phase becomes a problem.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
All this drama, I think I'm ready to move on too. I think I'd rather make a move for Beal.

Brown, Baynes, this year's buyout player, SAC pick signed, LAC pick signed, and Yabu for Beal.

2019 BOS pick (Tre Jones?), re-sign Wanamaker, fill out the team with Veteran min.

The sad thing is, it really isn’t drama.  It’s perceived drama for some people, created by stories and fake news put out over and over by parties of interest to make the Celtics look unstable.  It sours people on certain things, like Davis and it’s effective in what it’s aimed to do.  Really messed up and disturbing.

Even still, I think I'd rather bring in Beal and keep Tatum then go after Davis.

Naw, got enough wings.

....Davis, the best in the league.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Though if we don't get Anthony Davis we need to keep looking for a younger option to step in once Big Al's decline phase becomes a problem.

Timelord sends his regards ;)

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I think once AD gets assurances that Kyrie is re-signing with Celtics, he will commit long term to Boston before being traded.  Paul whispered that Kyrie wanted to go to Knicks, which made AD worried about Boston's future.  When Paul heard that AD's dad was mad at Boston for trading IT, he told Ramone to call him to get a quote. All BS strategy. Can't blame him for trying. That's his job, although the conflicts of interest he faces repping Lebron is ridiculous.

Does AD even know what he truly wants and what's going on? Even he seems to be getting played like a puppet in all of this. What's Rich Paul doing at a Pelicans game after the trade deadline? And I thought he and Kyrie were great friends and texted often. But AD's getting "information" from his agent that Kyrie may be going to the Knicks and he's now confused?

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Spending our own first round picks on talent big man projects is a good approach. I don't think we should count on Robert or anyone we pick in that range replacing Al though.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I wouldn't stop looking for stars or proven starters to eventually take Horford's place just because we have Williams. I love Timelord and think he has massive potential, but he might still be a year away from being a year away from being a decent all around NBA player and able to start. He might never become that good.

If Davis doesn't pan out Ainge still needs to look for quality bigs, regardless of having Williams.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Spending our own first round picks on talent big man projects is a good approach. I don't think we should count on Robert or anyone we pick in that range replacing Al though.

I was half-joking with that post.

I agree with you and @nick that we'll probably have to look for Big Al's replacement down the line. Hell, maybe that is Davis, or someone else. Maybe Timelord could end up being that but obviously we can't tell now.

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Naw, got enough wings.

Arguably, but definately a huge risk in trading for him...and a huge cost..

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Naw, got enough wings.

No that is just a suggestion.

It would be sign and trades on a few of them not on a few

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Naw, got enough wings.

And hugely worth it if a team can surround him with players like

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Horford
Baynes
Ojeleye
Morris or Rozier
And a taxpayer MLE player

And maybe Smart too, if we can find other ways of matching money.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Naw, got enough wings.

No that is just a suggestion.

It would be sign and trades on a few of them not on a few

S&T are extremely rare in today's NBA... Also Horford is better than everyone you listed with the possible exception of Vuvecic, being a better offensive minded center, but nowhere as good as defensively.

The only reason we could even make S&T offers with Rozier+filler/Tatum for Davis is because NOP isn't over the cap next year.

Teams above the cap (or teams below the cap but would end up more than $100,000 over the cap following a trade) cannot acquire more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary they trade away.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Naw, got enough wings.

And hugely worth it if a team can surround him with players like

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Horford
Baynes
Ojeleye
Morris or Rozier
And a taxpayer MLE player

And maybe Smart too, if we can find other ways of matching money.

I'm convinced Hayward would perform expectations immensely, if we were to bring in AD.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I think once AD gets assurances that Kyrie is re-signing with Celtics, he will commit long term to Boston before being traded.  Paul whispered that Kyrie wanted to go to Knicks, which made AD worried about Boston's future.  When Paul heard that AD's dad was mad at Boston for trading IT, he told Ramone to call him to get a quote. All BS strategy. Can't blame him for trying. That's his job, although the conflicts of interest he faces repping Lebron is ridiculous.

Does AD even know what he truly wants and what's going on? Even he seems to be getting played like a puppet in all of this. What's Rich Paul doing at a Pelicans game after the trade deadline? And I thought he and Kyrie were great friends and texted often. But AD's getting "information" from his agent that Kyrie may be going to the Knicks and he's now confused?

AD is starting to look really bad in all of this too. I think it was reported that AD went to get an MRI and Rich Paul was with him, and then afterwards he left the stadium. Demps and Gentry didn't even know until they met with reporters well after he had left. It's definitely a dumpster fire right now for them (as Gentry noted) and frankly AD is a big part of that too. Also when he called out the team for a blowout loss just recently when he himself had 3 points...  ::)

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
We need AD to keep saying he won't resign here and we want his value low. Makes dealing for him cost less. Even if he wanted to come here he needs to stick to the story to ensure C's don't have to deal Tatum.

Maybe it allows team to make it Brown, Horford and 3 first of Grizz(we protect it top 3), Kings, Clippers/C's.