Author Topic: Vincent Poirier to Celts(merged threads)  (Read 35906 times)

Re: Vincent Poirier to Celts(merged threads)
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2019, 09:48:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
nice video of Poirier by Tomasz Kordylewski posted 5 hours ago

Who is Vincent Poirier | Celtics sign French big

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSBCie0c_hE

« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2019, 10:04:48 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Well he can obviously dunk.

« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2019, 10:08:02 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
yeah, every video shows the same thing...dunks. is that all he does on offense?

how is his passing? his defense? we shall see in summer league.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2019, 10:14:43 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

Poirier is a veteran in Europe, he's not going to be on the summer league roster.

« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2019, 10:25:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Who needs any of that when he can just Capela/Whiteside it  ;D

« Reply #170 on: July 04, 2019, 10:51:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Poirier is a veteran in Europe, he's not going to be on the summer league roster.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............waaaaaaaaaaaaaa......
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #171 on: July 04, 2019, 10:57:09 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601

Who needs any of that when he can just Capela/Whiteside it  ;D
I see alot of double-standards on this blog. People doubt Poirier's offensive limitations are the same one who are pushing for Danny to get Adams and Capela, both whom are offensively limited players.

Re: Vincent Poirier Welcome To Boston Celtics ● Best Plays & Highlights
« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2019, 11:06:28 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
He has the physical tools I guess. My only problem is that wasn't even doing that well in Europe, stat wise at least. He's 25 how much growth is left in his game.
He led Euroleague in rebounds and led his team in scoring. He was widely regarded as one of the best european players. How is that not doing well?
Where are you getting this info from?
https://www.euroleague.net/

He was 6th in the league in "index rating". Not sure what that is, probably something like PER.

« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2019, 11:20:48 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Idk if it's been said here, but apparently in Europe they measure height without shoes. So I guess in America he's actually 7'1, not 6'11. Also, if you haven't looked at his insta, take a look. International sex symbol  ;D ;D ;D

Re: Vincent Poirier Welcome To Boston Celtics ● Best Plays & Highlights
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2019, 12:05:48 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Thanks for the video.
TP for helping out.
what is the meaning of "TP" ?

"Tommy Points" .  It's the board's way of rewarding good posts. 

Look underneath your screen name & you'll see them down below.

Dude has 87 TPs and he doesnt know what they are. :)

Edit: I misread that I guess Rocky actually has less Tommy Points. It is feckless that has 87. Owell.

« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2019, 06:27:18 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
My friend Jeremy is a top 25 junior college coach who has been to the NJCAA tournament 5 straight years with two final 4 appearances, and never lower than elite 8. He also has a European wife, and just came back from a lengthy post-season family visit in Europe, where he watched a lot of hoops.

He watched at Poirier in at least 6 games, and commented that he couldn't believe he doesn't have an NBA contract. Aside from the obvious dunking ability we have seen on video, he is apparently a best-in-league rebounder, a good shot blocker and a decent defender. Reasonably good passer. Think Baynes, although not quite as strong. Apparently not much of an outside game, but Jeremy thinks that, like Baynes he could develop enough of an shot to keep defenders honest.

Overall, a very enthusiastic endorsement of the signing.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2019, 06:36:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
My friend Jeremy is a top 25 junior college coach who has been to the NJCAA tournament 5 straight years with two final 4 appearances, and never lower than elite 8. He also has a European wife, and just came back from a lengthy post-season family visit in Europe, where he watched a lot of hoops.

He watched at Poirier in at least 6 games, and commented that he couldn't believe he doesn't have an NBA contract. Aside from the obvious dunking ability we have seen on video, he is apparently a best-in-league rebounder, a good shot blocker and a decent defender. Reasonably good passer. Think Baynes, although not quite as strong. Apparently not much of an outside game, but Jeremy thinks that, like Baynes he could develop enough of an shot to keep defenders honest.

Overall, a very enthusiastic endorsement of the signing.
So basically a more athletic Baynes with less strength but better hands? Sign me up! TP for the info
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2019, 06:36:30 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I hope Poirier is good enough to start. Allow Stevens to bring Kanter off the bench. Kanter would be a huge boon to bench production. Plus we are already loaded with scorers in the starting lineup (4 guys who want to be 20ppg scorers). A lower usage offensive player like Poirier is a better fit than Kanter.

It all comes down to whether Poirier is good enough defensively to be an adequate starter. I hope he is.

« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2019, 08:04:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I hope Poirier is good enough to start. Allow Stevens to bring Kanter off the bench. Kanter would be a huge boon to bench production. Plus we are already loaded with scorers in the starting lineup (4 guys who want to be 20ppg scorers). A lower usage offensive player like Poirier is a better fit than Kanter.

It all comes down to whether Poirier is good enough defensively to be an adequate starter. I hope he is.
All that sounds right, but I think Kanter will be the opening night starting center.  I think Brad will trust Kanter more than anyone else.

Ultimately, I'd love it if Rob Williams can prove himself this year and possibly win the starting job the following season.

« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2019, 08:57:02 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Kanter is OK as a starter because Hayward will be coming off the bench.

It makes much more sense to place a couple high high energy defensive wing players into a lineup that features both Kemba and Kanter. And it makes too much sense having a vet who can do a bit of everything well running with a bench team that is young/inexperienced.

Kemba/Edwards
Smart/Langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Williams
Kanter/Porier or Rob