Author Topic: Don't Forget, Jaylen was C's 2nd Leading Scorer  (Read 2058 times)

Don't Forget, Jaylen was C's 2nd Leading Scorer
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:48:14 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Last season was lousy with storylines. Kyrie coming to Boston, Hayward going down, Tatum's emergence, how good is Al? (very), Marcus Smart drama, Kyrie going down, Terry emerging, the unbelievable playoff run... There was more.

I don't want Jaylen getting lost in this. He was 3rd in minutes and 2nd in scoring on a 55 win team that had the best defense in the league in no small part because he was often the guy guarding the best perimeter player on the other team.

Nest season there's going to be a lot of storylines again. Hayward's integration, Kyrie taking fewer shots, Kyrie/Terry free agency talk, Tatum's burgeoning stardom, and whatever else comes along. Hopefully one of them is Jaylen's stardom, too.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Don't Forget, Jaylen was C's 2nd Leading Scorer
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 02:33:12 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Next season's storyline will include "Whose team does this belong to? Kyrie? Tatum? Hayward?"
"How will the Celtics space out the minutes and ball among their starting 5 and the bench? Will it work?"

It will be interesting. At the end, it all comes down to Brad Stevens and how he controls the team.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 02:36:18 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Jaylen is on his way to stardom, the guy is a an athletic freak of nature. Last season I said he just needed a better handle and more of a 'stop and pop' game and he will become a very good player quickly. This season I think he can really reach the upper echelon status in the league. The guy is going to be taking over games not only defensively but offensively too.

While I understand why people talk about how good Tatum is and how good he will be in the near future for some reason they don't talk as much about JB. It's going to be interesting to see how that same conversation plays out over the course of the season. What a wonderful problem the C;s have with so much young talent!

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 03:38:52 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Next season's storyline will include "Whose team does this belong to? Kyrie? Tatum? Hayward?"
"How will the Celtics space out the minutes and ball among their starting 5 and the bench? Will it work?"

It will be interesting. At the end, it all comes down to Brad Stevens and how he controls the team.

It doesn’t belong to anyone.  We don’t run a Lebron iso centric offense.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 03:39:33 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
'Totally concur about Jaylen.   He gets overlooked a lot as all the (deserved) buzz flies around Kyrie, Jayson and Gordon.   But Jaylen definitely took another huge step towards turning into a true stud this last year.

More important, he is turning into a true stud on both ends of the floor.   A legit threat to score 20+ in any given game and one of the best wing defenders in the league.   And so versatile.  While he may not be as elite/frightening in any one scoring method, he's able to score in a wide variety of ways and be well above average efficiency in all of them.    Seems to have no fear on taking on any task on either end of the court.

And I think we are no where near the ceiling of young Mr. Brown.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 06:57:52 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I am getting so dang excited to see these guys on the court.  Just 4 weeks.  I think Jayson, Jaylen, and my wild card Terry, all could take leaps in their games that could make the C's an incredibly interesting team.   Terry of course is less likely to shine more so than he did last year when he got starter minutes -- but I get the feeling he's going to be a consistent spark plug for this team off the bench. 

Wish it would start tomorrow.

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 09:40:21 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
he definitely does seem under the radar again, which is shocking considering last season  :)

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 12:33:16 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

It doesn’t belong to anyone.  We don’t run a Lebron iso centric offense.
It kinda belongs to Stevens.

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 01:32:25 AM »

Offline Miranda-Kerr

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • MEAN GREEN MONSTAR TEAM

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 01:58:14 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
he definitely does seem under the radar again, which is shocking considering last season  :)

I know, he was the youngest guy ever for the C's to have a 30 point playoff game, and yet he is probably getting lost a bit in the pre-season hype by some people. 

That is fine with me.  Let our opponents over look Jaylen, he will end up locking them down at the def end, and the draining 3s in their face and putting them on posters for rim rattling dunks.

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 08:21:55 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If I had to pick right now I'd say he's my favorite player on the team.