Author Topic: Spam Site Redirects  (Read 4763 times)

Spam Site Redirects
« on: February 16, 2019, 10:09:29 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Lately when I have visited the forums I have been getting redirected to SPAM sites. Has this been happening to anyone else? Thank you.

Re: Spam Site Redirects
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
This has happened to me a few times on my mobile device.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 10:19:47 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown

Nearly everytime I visit now it seems to happen.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 10:23:18 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Same

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 10:25:27 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
EDIT: Internet is hard to understand
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:59:34 PM by GetLucky »

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 10:33:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
This has also happened to me, and I’m about to stop using the site because of it. Something like this is absolutely unacceptable. It renders the site unusable and screams amateur hour. There are so many other ways to make money with a website, especially one with CS’s traffic. It took me 5 minutes to type this one response without a redirect.

Seriously, the only websites that have these types of advertisements are **** sites and financial scams. It is absolutely ridiculous that it is allowed here when the community just recently donated more than enough for hosting services.

I was in the middle of posting twice in the last couple of hours, and lost the posts.

Not good

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 10:35:44 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Hapeend to me today for the first time.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 10:37:20 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I have been getting  a lot of amazon / verizon invasive pop ups that hijack the page.  I am using and iphone/ipad/imac to access the page most of the time.  The problem seems to be worse for me on the mobile devices. 

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 10:40:16 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Happened 4 times in a row clicking on this thread and has to stop.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 10:42:01 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
This has also happened to me, and I’m about to stop using the site because of it. Something like this is absolutely unacceptable. It renders the site unusable and screams amateur hour. There are so many other ways to make money with a website, especially one with CS’s traffic. It took me 5 minutes to type this one response without a redirect.

Seriously, the only websites that have these types of advertisements are **** sites and financial scams. It is absolutely ridiculous that it is allowed here when the community just recently donated more than enough for hosting services.

I have seen this happen other places as well. Fox’s website did it for a while too.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 10:47:12 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I have been getting  a lot of amazon / verizon invasive pop ups that hijack the page.  I am using and iphone/ipad/imac to access the page most of the time.  The problem seems to be worse for me on the mobile devices.

Same here. This only started today, and it's only been on my iPhone, not my laptop. Though it has only happened to me a few times.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 10:49:51 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Hi guys,

I'm looking into the source of the spam. It is NOT something coming from us but probably a rogue advertiser or other hack attempt.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 10:52:32 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff

I appreciate the disdain for spam, but please note that this is not something we permit in any way much less would do intentionally.

The community was very generous in keeping the site alive, but unfortunately ad free is not an option and spammers are regularly out to slip something in against our will.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 10:59:22 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

I appreciate the disdain for spam, but please note that this is not something we permit in any way much less would do intentionally.

The community was very generous in keeping the site alive, but unfortunately ad free is not an option and spammers are regularly out to slip something in against our will.

My bad, byennie. My lack of internet knowledge shining through here. I'm sorry.

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 11:14:56 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff

My bad, byennie. My lack of internet knowledge shining through here. I'm sorry.

No worries, just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea from this thread.