Author Topic: Who may become or is a disgruntled star we could trade for soon?  (Read 25948 times)

Re: Who may become or is a disgruntled star we could trade for soon?
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
http://www.inquisitr.com/2662426/phoenix-suns-rumors-coach-jeff-hornacek-is-on-hot-seat-markieff-morris-may-be-shipped-out-of-the-desert/ Suns Morris is star maybe we can swing a three way with Houston for Ariza.

Who told you that? Or where did you get that assessment from?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2015, 04:26:43 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
how about this one. 

Isaiah, Bradley and three non-BKL firsts for James Harden.

Seems like a win/win to me. 
Houston would get to rebuild on the fly, plug IT and Bradley right into starting roles and vastly improve their defense.  Howard would be less disgruntled playing with IT, who'd get him better looks more often.  Plus, several first round picks. 

For the Celts, it hurts giving up two guys that are the heart/soul of this team.  But, it does bring us that Go-to scorer we need to compete at the next level.  Also allows Marcus to finally take the reigns as starting pg.  I think they'd be a great thunder/lightening combo and we'd see Harden's defense improve under Stevens.  This move also opens up minutes for RJ Hunter, who absolutely needs to be playing some two guard for us. 

All that said, if we can swing a deal like this for a player of Harden's caliber WITHOUT giving up that BKL pick-- puts us in great position going forward to make another big move (ie Melo, Cousins, Love) using that pick plus Lee & Sully/Kelly. 

2016-2017 Champions?
Smart, Turner, Rozier
Harden, Hunter
Crowder, Jerebko
Cousins, Mickey
Amir, Kelly, Zeller

« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2015, 05:07:17 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
waiting fore thew right disgruntled star and then putting a package together for him. Then getting that package accepted and the star is a fit for the team.......is pretty risky, shall we say almost as risky as the lottery?

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2015, 08:26:16 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2015, 09:14:35 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Jimmy Butler.
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-jimmy-butler-has-really-rubbed-some-people-the-wrong-way/#YoodzJbeyK7fpCDm.97

jimmy butler cannot shoot. He can play D. Modern day Rodman?

Great D and no offense? Sounds like he's built for this team  ;D

In all seriousness though, who can we really target? A lot of the people that are available are declining (P Gasol, Noah etc.), and only offer a very limited window of being a semi-powerhouse team. Do you want to give up assets for that?

When looking for the "disgundled" player, Cousins seems like the only player with superstar potential that we could target, and even then there are other teams that can outbid us, so essentially we have to be the team most willing to take a gamble for that to pan out. 

In order for us to evolve into an elite team we have to roll the dice at some point and take on some risk, which could potentially mess with "the program" that Stevens has got our team to buy in to, but unfortunately an over achieving group of role players does not get you a title in the modern NBA, so we need a star, just who? I don't see another KG walking through that door; I don't see us becoming a player in free agency, despite our  newly deepened pockets, and we are depending on Brooklyn to land us gold through the draft, (which is a gamble in itslef).

And the big question is how much do you give up?

Just think...we could have potentially drafted Poryzingis if the trade for #4 went through, and that wasn't even Danny's target.

Now we would have to trade every assetts we have to get a player with his potential, and all we would have to do in retrospect is just tank one more year and hope and pray Danny drafts the right guy.

I don't mean to turn this into a tanking debate, I just want to illustrate the cornerstone players that have come out of the draft recently(Wiggins/Towns/Porzingis), that are now virtually untouchable via trade.

So if the the Brooklyn picks don't land us our next star, and we continue on the path of no free agent gold and no trades, where exactly does our star come from?

D league? Can Danny find the next Whiteside? Does Kelly emerge?

I don't mean to be pessimistic, I just think Danny has built all of these assetts up, and they're just not that valuable, so we will end up using the picks on more role players rather than find a star via trade.

Hopefully, someone does emerge, or we slowly build momentum by raising the stock of our role players and trade multiple players for some more elite ones.

I'm just not sure that there will be a franchise player available via trade.

Happy Holidays everyone.

The End. 8)

Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2015, 09:26:57 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2015, 10:08:42 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Noah .....LOL

« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2016, 02:31:22 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Noah .....LOL
He sure seems to be Disgruntled at the moment, LOL.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2016, 07:50:15 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I think we should play close attention to Paul George and if Indiana finishes out of the playoffs we could pursue a trade. Not saying he will be available, just saying we should monitor the situation.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2016, 04:01:57 PM »

• Don Chaney
I think we should play close attention to Paul George and if Indiana finishes out of the playoffs we could pursue a trade. Not saying he will be available, just saying we should monitor the situation.
Paul George would be an awesome pickup. I think he is happy at the moment. Deng and Whiteside would be a good idea if the heat sell.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2016, 04:50:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Paul George and Jimmy Butler ... guys, they're locked up long term and are far and away the primary thing that's compelling about their teams.  It makes no sense to contemplate trying to trade for either guy.  You'd need to offer Chicago or Indiana a top 10 player to even get the conversation started.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2016, 10:44:08 AM »

• Don Chaney
Paul George and Jimmy Butler ... guys, they're locked up long term and are far and away the primary thing that's compelling about their teams.  It makes no sense to contemplate trying to trade for either guy.  You'd need to offer Chicago or Indiana a top 10 player to even get the conversation started.
Think the both like leading there team. I don't see anyone coming down the pipe. This trade dead line maybe the deadest we have ever seen.