Author Topic: NBA 2K16  (Read 1789 times)

NBA 2K16
« on: October 08, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Got the new iteration of the video game sports franchise last week.  I've played a handful of games with the Celtics.

Mixed bag so far.  I try to play on pretty tough setting so I expect to have a difficult time with a weird, star-less team like the Celts.

This morning I was playing a game against the Raptors and getting BLOWN OUT.  I don't know about real life, but in a video game the Celts cannot keep up with the Raps.  Lowry and Derozan just blow by guys right to the rack, and the backline big men are too slow to do anything about it.

The team lacks shooting and interior defense -- much like in real life.  Unlike in real life, it's tough to score inside of 10 feet with Isaiah Thomas. 

I've had some very solid games with Tyler Zeller, David Lee, Amir Johnson, and Jonas Jerebko, however.  Running the floor with those guys is a lot of fun.

Personally I bought the PS3 version of the game (recently picked up a used PS3 for TV streaming / movies), and it's a shell of the next generation version.  They haven't updated any of the faces since two years ago, and the rookies are all hastily generated manikins.  The game plays smoothly enough, though.

edit:

Looks like I put this in the wrong forum.  Could somebody move it to the video game forum?  Thanks.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain