Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111467 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 12:10:59 AM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
https://mobile.twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/545438594932817920

LA and Houston involved.   All these leaks,  someone trying to get a better deal for themselves.

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 12:11:32 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
From Stein 30 minutes ago
ESPN sources say Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets are also among the teams to engage Celtics in Rajon Rondo trade talks in recent days
I don't think Ainge is actually that interested in trading to Dallas, in so far as they're the favorites, he might just be trying to drive up offers from other suitors.

EDIT: inverselock 2 fast 4 me

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 12:13:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Danny is not doing that trade , such a garbage deal

Do you see anybody else even throwing even a 1st for Rondo?

The Mavs have a plan and can see how Rondo can help them.   No point of Danny also throwing Rondo to the Knicks or Kings. Doesn't help Rondo.   Danny wants players to know when they play for the Celts, they will be taken cared of even when traded. Happened with KG, PP

Dallas or Houston gets Rondo imo. 

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 12:13:09 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Brandon Wright and a 1st, that's more than i thought we would ever get for Rondo.  Do it Danny!

I don't know anything about players that aren't on or have never been on the Celtics. What is so great about Brandon Wright? Does he play defense?

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 12:13:14 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'll float another idea.  What if sources have it half-right and Dallas and Boston are talking trade, but it's actually in the context of Charlotte sending Lance Stephenson to the Mavs but not wanting Wright, so he gets re-routed to Boston and the Celtics give up Bass?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 12:13:36 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Is this blog going to lose like half of its traffic if Rondo gets shipped out? lol I swear he's the center of at least half of the conversations on here.

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 12:13:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Brandon Wright and a 1st, that's more than i thought we would ever get for Rondo.  Do it Danny!

I don't know anything about players that aren't on or have never been on the Celtics. What is so great about Brandon Wright? Does he play defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYoQ-Hh_V7o

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 12:14:44 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I see Ainge holding onto Rondo if he doesn't get a return he likes.  If Wright and a likely late first is the best offer, I expect no deal to be made.

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 12:15:34 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

The Mavs have a plan and can see how Rondo can help them.   No point of Danny also throwing Rondo to the Knicks or Kings. Doesn't help Rondo.   Danny wants players to know when they play for the Celts, they will be taken cared of even when traded. Happened with KG, PP

Dallas or Houston gets Rondo imo.

Ehhh, I only agree with that to a point. He owed that to Pierce and KG, and you can make the argument for Rondo, too. But his first and ultimate priority should always be the Celtics benefit no matter who it is. I don't want him turning down a great offer for a lesser one just because of the team Rondo will be going to.

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 12:16:34 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Pretty much a career backup. Good player to have on a contending team, but he's not starting material or a step up for a rebuilding club.

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 12:18:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Wright has a 35.5  inch vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan

Man is he long.  He really struggled his first 4 seasons in the league. And now is playing closer to his potential.    Not as good obviously but kind of like a Anthony Davis type of player. Can block shots out of nowhere, dunking machine

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 12:21:01 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Wright has a 35.5  inch vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan

Man is he long.  He really struggled his first 4 seasons in the league. And now is playing closer to his potential.    Not as good obviously but kind of like a Anthony Davis type of player. Can block shots out of nowhere, dunking machine

he's anythony Davis like Stiemsma is Bill Russell ::)

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 12:29:34 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
I'll float another idea.  What if sources have it half-right and Dallas and Boston are talking trade, but it's actually in the context of Charlotte sending Lance Stephenson to the Mavs but not wanting Wright, so he gets re-routed to Boston and the Celtics give up Bass?

This would make a lot more sense considering Wright has never averaged more than 9 points a game or 4 rebounds a game.  He is 18 months younger than Rondo, so he has been in the league for 7 years.  He is no developing youngster.

If you think Jeff Green is what he is at this point, then Wright is there as well.  I know he is long and can jump, but big deal.  He is still another way undersized center and just further clogs up the PF spot.  He isn't known as a great def player either.   He shoots a high % because of dunking a lot, similar to T. Chandler.

So we get a center less skilled than Zellar (Wright) + a 1st round pick in the mid 20's or worse from Dallas depending on how much rondo would help them (probably a lot), yeah not a deal I am super excited about if I am DA.

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 12:30:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I wish a deal can be announced already . Forget about promise to sign an extension and just include a right to swap another 1st or it turns into 2 2nd round picks

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 12:30:59 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482

I see Ainge holding onto Rondo if he doesn't get a return he likes.  If Wright and a likely late first is the best offer, I expect no deal to be made.

I agree.  Why bend over for a bad deal?  Take your chances on resigning him at a hometown discount, and if not you move on.