Author Topic: MYO TV Show Draft Interest Thread (locked)  (Read 20806 times)

Re: Make-Your-Own TV Show Draft (LAST CALL, LOOKING FOR GMs, PANELISTS)
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2014, 08:34:18 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
After thinking about it and reading the rule I don't think Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, or Stone Cold Steve Austin could really count as characters. They're real people, even if the name isn't on the birth certificate.

I believe Stone Cold Steve Austin was on an episode of 'Nash Bridges.'

I'd be inclined to say they're eligible, I'm not sure there's a real downside

You'd be picking Andre the Giant the actual wrestler persona, not ATG the lovable drunk. Same goes for Hulk, etc. Who wants Macho Man to be a series regular? He he was literally insane.

What about this promo makes you say that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qazvigN800

« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2014, 08:36:10 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Peter Jennings from NBC Nightly News or Jenny McCarthy from the View....real people. I don't think they count. Unless like Chris Berman was on an episode of Friday Night Lights or something

Peter Jennings would be one heckuva villain, though.

« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2014, 08:43:37 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I'm not sure on guys like Peter Jennings or talk show hosts. I guess they're not really 'characters', but at the same time I'm not sure I really care if someone wants to make Pat Sajak the lead in their action/drama.

IP?

« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2014, 08:51:23 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'm not sure on guys like Peter Jennings or talk show hosts. I guess they're not really 'characters', but at the same time I'm not sure I really care if someone wants to make Pat Sajak the lead in their action/drama.

IP?

Meh, don't care. Go for it I guess if that's your thing. Really the point here is to make 'your show'. If 'your show' is starring Wolff Blitzer, first, Im sorry, and second, go for it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
But to clarify something else, if the historical channel did a documentary on Hitler, you couldn't choose 'Hitler' from that documentary unless they actually represented him onscreen with an actor. Otherwise, you're taking the subject matter, not a character.

And if there were an actor, you'd get that History Channel cut-rate Hitler, not actual evil incarnate Hitler.

« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2014, 08:55:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
"Wolf Blitzer solves crimes/cracks international conspiracies" would be a pretty good premise given this:

« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2014, 08:56:21 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

IP?

Meh, don't care. Go for it I guess if that's your thing. Really the point here is to make 'your show'. If 'your show' is starring Wolff Blitzer, first, Im sorry, and second, go for it.

I think as long as they are or were clearly a 'TV personality.' Basically, don't pick Ben Affleck

« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2014, 09:01:05 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
But to clarify something else, if the historical channel did a documentary on Hitler, you couldn't choose 'Hitler' from that documentary unless they actually represented him onscreen with an actor. Otherwise, you're taking the subject matter, not a character.

And if there were an actor, you'd get that History Channel cut-rate Hitler, not actual evil incarnate Hitler.

Might be best to institute a 'No Hitler' rule

« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2014, 09:01:35 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
"Wolf Blitzer solves crimes/cracks international conspiracies" would be a pretty good premise given this:

hahahahhaha

« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2014, 09:41:11 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Oh wow. So you gotta go with "Hitler as played by...x...in the documentary or made for tv movie x".

That angry Hitler guy that's always on youtube yelling and reacting about stuff like Peyton Manning going for it on 4th down just took a major step up. 

« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2014, 10:07:35 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
LOcking this thread, please transition all your jokes to the draft thread errybody.

Also, look at this:

Reminder on the rules:

1) Pick must ultimately be from an original series/work explicitly for 'television' (Netflix Hulu and Amazon series are also welcome) that has made new episodes after 1985, and the character must be from one of those episodes.

2) You're drafting the character, as played by a certain actor/voice actor. If you're taking Dr. Who, specify which one. If you're taking a character who was playing a characterization of their real-life self, specify from what (IE, Seth Green as Seth Green on Entourage, or, William Zabka as Billy Zabka, HIMYM).

3) Don't over-think it. Not really a rule, but a guideline. The point here basically a glorified mad-lib, answering the question, "If I were making a TV show just for me, I'd want someone like ______ as the main star and they'd be ......"