Author Topic: Here in Houston they are on fire for Rondo  (Read 26066 times)

Re: Here in Houston they are on fire for Rondo
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Just thinking outside the box, but deal with me for a minute here...

One main issue I saw with Houston in the postseason was they don't know where to go late in games - Harden or Howard?  Harden's incessant pounding of the rock took away from the post game they seemed to want to establish.  Harden has been criticized pretty hard, since that series ended...It's obvious Houston needs a facilitator like Rondo BADLY...

What if there's a straight swap of All-Stars? Harden for Rondo, one for one, based on Rondo agreeing to an extension with Houston...

Harden & Green are paired up again...The Celtics can look to draft Exum or Smart...Harden becomes our true #1 go to guy, while Green settles in, no longer needing to be...

There are flaws to Harden, most notably, my ottoman plays better defense...But, he's a scorer and fits the young/athletic evolution of this team...Forget all the clutter, Rondo for Harden straight up. Harden is set on the books for 5 years and is only 24 years old.

Houston could then theoretically move Lin/Asik and bring in Carmelo and look for a SG at #25 in the draft...

Houston's Five: Rondo, SG - Pick, Melo, T-Jones/D-Mo & Howard

Boston's Five (With ZERO other moves, which will NOT happen): Smart/Exum, Harden, Green, Sully & Olynyk.

Just thinking outside that box...

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

But isn't anything involving Rondo "a horrible trade"?

No, just most of the trade ideas you see here.

I'd be very interested in a BballTim approved Rondo trade -- using real players with real names, not descriptive nouns.

Why does there have to be one?

I'd be very interested to see a Celtics18 approved Rondo trade, too.

I don't have any.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2014, 02:31:04 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
It seems to me that most of these Rondo to Houston proposals are intended to help Houston compete for a title. 

They don't really do much for the Celtics, though. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
It seems to me that most of these Rondo to Houston proposals are intended to help Houston compete for a title. 

Can I try too then?

If RR brings back Jones, Parsons, Asik, and Lin, while jettisoning Bass and [Green and/or Wallace]?

Rondo
Harden
Green
Bass
DH

good for Houston.  Better playoff team for sure.

Jones, Parsons, and Asik would be a good haul for us.

Parsons could be our smart, more aggressive (or quicker to attack holes) version of Green.

Jones has the athleticism we lack at that spot.

Asik is the center that every needs to at least make the 2nd round.

And we could shock the world by taking a PG in the draft. 

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2014, 02:49:55 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Can I try too then?

If RR brings back Jones, Parsons, Asik, and Lin, while jettisoning Bass and [Green and/or Wallace]?

Rondo
Harden
Green
Bass
DH

Parsons could be our smart, more aggressive (or quicker to attack holes) version of Green.

Still dont like it for the C's.

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2014, 02:53:19 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Im really liking the Rondo for Harden trade if we get Dante Exum/Marcus Smart/TylerEnnis in the draft although Im not a big fan of Hardens contract or his defense but he'd be filling a major need for us as an outside scorer from the wing... Meanwhile Rondo would form an excellent team with Parsons and DH12 and could help Houston get Melo as Melo reportedly wanted to team up with Rondo...

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2014, 02:55:54 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Went even further outside the box from my prior post and this trade works:

Boston trades: Rondo
Boston Receives: James Harden

Houston trades: Harden, Asik & Lin
Houston receives: Rondo & Carmelo Anthony

NYK trade: Carmelo
NYK receive: Lin & Asik

Obvious winner in the present day is Houston...I would expect the Knicks to want at least two 1st rounders, but this isn't one-sided.

Houston gets Rondo & 'Melo, enough said...Boston gets their young star in Harden. Knicks get a legit Center, a PG which is a need and the flexibility to deal Chandler/Felton, plus cap room in 2015, which is what they want anyway.

Again, outside the box, but reasonable...

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 03:01:02 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Can I try too then?

Rondo
Harden
Green
Bass
DH

Still dont like it for the C's.
Heck, me either.

But it would bring in more pieces with upside that could be flipped, which is something Danny does do well...acquire assets.  Also clear up the roster mishmash.  We'd probably get better just for that, but would need to make the big move that brings us to contention (still).

My preference is to keep Rondo, but if I could make a move that brings in a good haul for him (coming off injury and with only one year left under contract), then the trigger gets pulled very, very quickly.

I'm not interested in trying to talk Rondo into staying.  If I can't bring in another legit star this summer, I'd have to ship out Rondo and go full rebuild.

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 03:03:44 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
These are great.

Someone should let the Rockets know that Celtics fans are willing to help in any way we can. 

I mean, heck, you scratched our back with the Garnett trade, Kevin.  I guess folks just want to give back. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2014, 03:10:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't have any.

I'm not sure I do either, but that admission does cast some interesting light on how posters participate in these sorts of discussions, doesn't it?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2014, 03:11:41 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Obvious winner in the present day is Houston...I would expect the Knicks to want at least two 1st rounders, but this isn't one-sided.

Houston gets Rondo & 'Melo, enough said...Boston gets their young star in Harden. Knicks get a legit Center, a PG which is a need and the flexibility to deal Chandler/Felton, plus cap room in 2015, which is what they want anyway.

That is a terrible trade for the Knicks.  If the Knicks are willing to sign-and-trade Melo, they're not taking back much, if any, salary.  That's why Boston get Asik and Lin, NYK get draft picks, and Houston gets Melo.

But yeah, that trade causes their payroll to rise next year, while the quality decreases, and now you have Asik and Chandler competing for minutes.

Houston can't get Melo and Rondo.  No thanks on Harden-Rondo.  Much rather have Rajon.

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

Unless Morey has pics of Danny doing something illegal or Houston is sending us every first round pick they can until 2050... is terrible trade for Knicks, terrible for the Cs.

Lin+Asik are not "assets", they are quality role players, but right now for Houston are dead weight. If any team is taking on them, Houston must pay the prize (first round picks, that is):

Harden is only a top 10 in flopping/getting calls. I'd rather keep Rondo.

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2014, 03:23:11 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I don't have any.

I'm not sure I do either, but that admission does cast some interesting light on how posters participate in these sorts of discussions, doesn't it?

Whatever light you think it sheds on any of my arguments is fine with me. 

I've never tried to hide the fact that I'm a Rondo fan.  Nor do I feel like I should have to. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:46:29 PM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2014, 03:34:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'm a Rondo fan too. No shame in that, but it does seem a little unfriendly to come into Rondo trade threads just to pour cold water on all of the trade proposals simply because you don't see any positive outcome behind him getting traded.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2014, 03:45:35 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I'm a Rondo fan too. No shame in that, but it does seem a little unfriendly to come into Rondo trade threads just to pour cold water on all of the trade proposals simply because you don't see any positive outcome behind him getting traded.

Point taken.  I tried to stay away from this thread as long as I could.  I don't want to be unfriendly. 

Also, to continue with my complete candor, if Rondo were ever to get traded from the Celtics--or disappear in free agency--this is the kind of scenario I would want to see.  I would want to see him somewhere where he could be one of the missing pieces to help push a team that is close to contention status over the hump. 

With all that said, I'd still vastly prefer to keep him and see Danny do his darnedest to try to build a contender around him. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers: