Author Topic: OKC ousted in 7; Russell Westbrook to Celts; swap lottery pick for Love  (Read 25345 times)

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9dnpvj

Coming in: Russell Westbrook
Going out: Rajon Rondo, Kelly Olynyk

Reasoning: The Thunder need to shake something up. If they move on to round 2 I think it'll afford Westbrook one more year to prove he can work with Durant (though Brooks will still be axed). However if they lose game 7 to the Griz, it wouldn't be a shock to see the Thunder shop Westbrook. Rondo/Olynyk is about as much value as you're going to get for him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l9f5mos

Coming in: Kevin Love
Going out: Jared Sullinger, Brandon Bass, Joel Anthony, Keith Bogans, 2014 BOS lottery pick, 2015 LAC pick, 2016 BKN pick

Reasoning: Love will be on the block next year. MIN gets a promising, cheap, young PF in Sully, one non-guaranteed/two expiring contracts, and three first rounders. Boston gets a second superstar and suddenly jumps into serious contention talks.

Swap 2014 BKN pick + 2015 BOS first rounder for Atlanta's 2014 first rounder (15). Select one of Nik Stauskas, James Young, Gary Harris, Tyler Ennis, or Jusuf Nurkic.

Sign Emeka Okafor (something like 2 years/$13 million), Channing Frye (something like 2 years/$12 million), (Paul Pierce (something like 2 years/$10 million), re-sign Bayless (2 years/$4 million),

Russell Westbrook/Bayless/Pressey
James Young/Chris Johnson
Jeff Green/Paul Pierce/Gerald Wallace
Kevin Love/Channing Frye
Emeka Okafor/Faverani/Iverson

OK, I'm done dreaming now.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Westbrook is a high profile player, but to be honest I'm just not interested.

People complain about Rondo because he's all about holding the ball - Westbrook does the same and is the ultimate ball hog.

People complain about Rondo because his lack of shooting ability makes him a liability.  Westbrook's "chucker" mentality makes him a liability all the same.

I'd like to see this team develop the way the big 3 did.  Add guys who are good team players, guys who complement each other's skills and personalities.  I don't think Russel Westbrook complements any player on any team...he's all about himself.  I'd rather just keep Rondo.

Plus the thought of Love joining him?  I mean sure, we already have a PF who likes to chuck ugly masses of inefficient threes...adding one whos' an even worse chucker and defender?  no thanks.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Replace my two favorite players in the world with my two least favorite?  I'll pass. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Speaking as someone who has a favorite team, not favorite players:

Again, I'd rather throw Rondo in the Love deal and take my chances with Rubio.

Westbrook's legs are bad, and he's going to continue to have problems with them. I'll pass on him.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Personally, if I had Westbrook, I wouldn't trade him for Rondo and Olynyk. I don't think OKC would either. I like the Love deal though.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I would be fine with this, if we are able to get a big like Omer Asik to protect the rim. If we are going to go for it now like Westbrook/Love pairing would indicate then we can't have a hole in the middle.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Speaking as someone who has a favorite team, not favorite players:

Again, I'd rather throw Rondo in the Love deal and take my chances with Rubio.

With all of your posts knocking Rondo for his poor shooting it's truly fitting that you'd want to take your chances with Rubio. He's deadly from anywhere on the court.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Personally, if I had Westbrook, I wouldn't trade him for Rondo and Olynyk. I don't think OKC would either.

I agree with this. I don't think OKC bites on that package.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Replace my two favorite players in the world with my two least favorite?  I'll pass.

Like them or not, Westbrook and Love would be a MAJOR upgrade over Rondo and Sully. You would rather keep your "favorite players" and have the team suck?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Like them or not, Westbrook and Love would be a MAJOR upgrade over Rondo and Sully. You would rather keep your "favorite players" and have the team suck?

I was actually referring to Rondo and Olynyk.  I don't see Westbrook as a MAJOR upgrade over Rondo.  Also, holding on to Olynyk on his rookie contract makes sense to me as opposed to going after Love.  It means we'll be able to have more opportunity to go after another difference maker at another position. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Personally, if I had Westbrook, I wouldn't trade him for Rondo and Olynyk. I don't think OKC would either.

I agree with this. I don't think OKC bites on that package.

Hopefully not.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

They'd move the team out of the lottery. You wouldn't contend with a team built around those two.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I wonder why we haven't had a megathread arguing about the relative merits of Westbrook and Rondo yet...
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
I wonder why we haven't had a megathread arguing about the relative merits of Westbrook and Rondo yet...

Yeah, one good discussion and it would probably be decided once and for all.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

It's high time to start that debate. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers: