Author Topic: Asik trade rumors (deal reportedly off)  (Read 175563 times)

Re: Asik trade rumors (deal reportedly off)
« Reply #900 on: December 28, 2013, 12:47:03 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
If the Celtics are not giving up a 1st round pick, I have no problem with trading Green for Asik. Seems like fair value both ways.

I agree with this. I think Jeff Green for Asik is a very fair trade for both teams.

At first I wasn't big on Asik as he's limited offensively.

BUT, the more I think about it, if you put an actual center on this team, then we could give a lot of teams a run for their money.

I would even expand it to Green and Brooks for Asik and Omri Casspi.

That way, we at least get another SF to replace Green and Brooks makes the money work.

I also think this would work really well for Houston as I think JG would be a perfect 6th man for them.

As for here in Boston, I just don't think Jeff Green is a starter nor do I think he should be a key part of a contending team.

The best part of this idea….Celts can say they landed Omir and Omri.

Eh, I don't see them having any interest in Green - they have Terrence Jones and Chandler Parsons already as their starting forwards at a fraction of the cost of Jeff. Hes pretty redundant as he's not a clear upgrade to either.
Rumors in the press were the Rockets were hot after Thad Young. Is he really all that much different a player than Jeff Green.

Of course maybe the three way trade of Boston sending Philly Green, Philly sending Houston Young and Houston sending Boston Asik works for everyone.

Those same rumors said Houston wasn't interested in Jeff, it was Cleveland that was interested.

And yes, if I was picking between the two I'd pick Thad as the better player - he's younger, plays with more heart and I think has equal raw talent.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #901 on: December 28, 2013, 01:09:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
this may take the thread too far a field. mods, please feel free to cut this out and make a different thread. this is a a bit dated, but still might be worth discussing.

Per Sam Amico of Fox Sports:

Amico suggests that "no NBA player is as available as Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders."

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-report-bucks-may-be-gauging-sanders-trade-122313

admittedly sanders' immaturity issues (can you say "bar fight"?) are a real concern. perhaps the Legend of Brad Stevens (TM) can transform sanders as it seemingly did for crawford.

sanders is one of THE best rim protectors/defensive centers in the nba today. even better than asik, who is good. but on offense sanders makes asik look talented.

if sanders is over his knucklehead-ocity, then him as center with sully as pf would be nice.

if there was ever a chance to buy-low on a player, this might be it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #902 on: December 28, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
this may take the thread too far a field. mods, please feel free to cut this out and make a different thread. this is a a bit dated, but still might be worth discussing.

Per Sam Amico of Fox Sports:

Amico suggests that "no NBA player is as available as Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders."

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-report-bucks-may-be-gauging-sanders-trade-122313

admittedly sanders' immaturity issues (can you say "bar fight"?) are a real concern. perhaps the Legend of Brad Stevens (TM) can transform sanders as it seemingly did for crawford.

sanders is one of THE best rim protectors/defensive centers in the nba today. even better than asik, who is good. but on offense sanders makes asik look talented.

if sanders is over his knucklehead-ocity, then him as center with sully as pf would be nice.

if there was ever a chance to buy-low on a player, this might be it.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=68761.0

^^Discussion in here regarding Sanders. Feel free to chat there about trading for Sanders.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #903 on: January 14, 2014, 01:34:29 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Please don't crucify me for bumping this thread but I found a very interesting tidbit on Twitter last night...

According to Jonathan Feigen, the Rockets beat writer for the Houston Chronicle, there were a lot of Houston Front Office people in TD Garden for the game.

Jonathan Feigen via twitter wrote:
Must be a big game. A lot of Rockets brass -- Daryl Morey, Gersson Rosas, Monte McNair, Jason Freidman -- in Boston for Rockets vs. Celtics.

It's not uncommon for owners to watch their team but isn't it a little odd Morey brought the FO with him? Perhaps I'm bored and speculating but I thought I'd share it.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #904 on: January 14, 2014, 01:37:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Please don't crucify me for bumping this thread but I found a very interesting tidbit on Twitter last night...

According to Jonathan Feigen, the Rockets beat writer for the Houston Chronicle, there were a lot of Houston Front Office people in TD Garden for the game.

Must be a big game. A lot of Rockets brass -- Daryl Morey, Gersson Rosas, Monte McNair, Jason Freidman -- in Boston for Rockets vs. Celtics.

It's not uncommon for owners to watch their team but isn't it a little odd Morey brought the FO with him? Perhaps I'm bored and speculating but I thought I'd share it.

That is interesting. Good find, TP.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #905 on: January 14, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I'm convinced that the reason they leaked our trade offer was that it was the best one they'd gotten. 

Lee is gone, but they may have been scouting Bass and potential throw-ins to think about taking some variation of the deal in the very real likelihood that they don't get a better offer.

« Reply #906 on: January 14, 2014, 02:05:08 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Why didn't we showcase Bogans? :-P. In all seriousness that is an interesting development
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #907 on: January 14, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Your post is one of the reasons these boards are great.  TP for you.

« Reply #908 on: January 14, 2014, 02:34:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Given who looked to be being showcased in the 2nd half, I wonder if the Houston front office liked what they saw in Bass, Bayless and Brooks.

Bass, Bayless and Brooks for Asik and a vet min salary player works

« Reply #909 on: January 14, 2014, 02:35:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I wonder what the Rockets would realistically want for him. An expiring contract? Would you give Humphries for him?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #910 on: January 14, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I wonder what the Rockets would realistically want for him. An expiring contract? Would you give Humphries for him?

This is what I was thinking.

« Reply #911 on: January 14, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

No thanks. Omer Asik isn't worth the value of a 12 million dollar contract... I'm hoping we save Humphries in the off chance we can maybe pull a trade for Melo.

Given who looked to be being showcased in the 2nd half, I wonder if the Houston front office liked what they saw in Bass, Bayless and Brooks.

I would do Bass/Brooks and a first round for Asik. If they don't want it, then good for them then.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #912 on: January 14, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

No thanks. Omer Asik isn't worth the value of a 12 million dollar contract... I'm hoping we save Humphries in the off chance we can maybe pull a trade for Melo.

I would do Bass/Brooks and a first round for Asik. If they don't want it, then good for them then.
what he said - diddo

« Reply #913 on: January 14, 2014, 03:10:50 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

So they don't have TV's in Texas with which to watch games?

But no, curious.. Very curious. Assume this is abnormal of them?

« Reply #914 on: January 14, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

You can't trade Bayless as part of a package. He can only be dealt by himself.

2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman