Author Topic: JO for Beasley rumour  (Read 27088 times)

Re: JO for Beasley rumour
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 05:44:07 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Man I hope we don't give up Bass or JJ ,  they is such a bright spots in a gloomy situation.

PLEASE GIVE AWAY DOOLING ....trade him for a HAPPY MEAL.

We'd need to include an unprotected 1st to get a Happy Meal.  Those things are awesome.

We could use the Happy Meal to attract Blatche.

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Beasley actually somewhat interesting in the long-term.  It's the short-term that's the problem.  Doesn't make us better now.

I think it's the exact opposite.  I'm not sure a guy with Beasley's track record is a good fit for a rebuilding team, but as for this season?  Have you seen the Celtics' offense?  If this team doesn't immediately start scoring a lot more points with Beasley, it's time to seriously think about firing Doc no matter how much money he's owed.  If you can't get buckets out of Beasley, you need to think about another line of work than coaching.

Mike

I'm going the token fence sitter. If they figure his wackiness out, he'd do both. If they don't, he might struggle to do either (although scoring might not be a problem so maybe he's a short term bandage either way).

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Beasley actually somewhat interesting in the long-term.  It's the short-term that's the problem.  Doesn't make us better now.

I think it's the exact opposite.  I'm not sure a guy with Beasley's track record is a good fit for a rebuilding team, but as for this season?  Have you seen the Celtics' offense?  If this team doesn't immediately start scoring a lot more points with Beasley, it's time to seriously think about firing Doc no matter how much money he's owed.  If you can't get buckets out of Beasley, you need to think about another line of work than coaching.

Mike

Wow....

How are you going to blame Doc for this season? I mean the big 3 are on their last legs, Rondo is wildly inconsistent from quarter to quarter (especially the 4th) and game to game, he still can't make free throws. Don't have a legit starting center

But yea , let's blame Doc, makes total sense.... ::)

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 05:51:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Trade them Pierce for Beasley, Anthony Randolph and Tolliver (filler)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7thh33m

Tolliver is just an expiring contract thrown in for filler.

Beasley and Randolph are restricted free agents.  We can just let them walk and have 41 million in cap space...

Or, we can just give them qualifying offers and still have 29 mil in cap space.

Naturally, we'd find some draft pick and/or prospect for Ray as well as this would be part of a larger "blow it up" move.

Sota is above .500.  This gives them a chance to make the playoffs and possibly make some noise.  Pierce makes them better than Beasley can, gives them a mentor... someone to help them be competitive this year until Derrick WIlliams is ready to step up.  I think Beasley is on the market, because Derrick Williams is ultimately who will take that role (he's 20 years old and was a top pick) ... So I can't see Sota matching a big offer for Beasley in the offseason.  He's expendable despite the fact he's only 23.  Randolph is 22 and doesn't even play.  Some people use to think he had a ton of potential.  He can't find a role there.  I doubt they will lose sleep over throwing him in.

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
If we can land Beasley cheap, it's really a no-brainer.  We could use a scoring boost, and Beasley can provide it. 

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Lakers Turned Down Beasley for a 1st rounder

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7631141/source-los-angeles-lakers-reject-minnesota-timberwolves-trade-offer-michael-beasley

The Minnesota Timberwolves offered to trade Michael Beasley to the Los Angeles Lakers for a first-round draft pick, but the Lakers turned them down, according to a league source.

With one of the league's highest payrolls at roughly $88 million -- well above the luxury tax threshold of $70 million -- the Lakers are due to pay $18 million in taxes this season. Since there is a dollar-for-dollar penalty for tax-paying teams, taking on Beasley's $6.2 million contract would add another $6.2 million to their tax bill and cost the Lakers an extra $12.4 million.

Under the Timberwolves' proposal, the Lakers would have absorbed Beasley's contract into the trade exception they received from Dallas. In return, Minnesota asked for the Lakers' best first-round pick in the upcoming draft. In addition to their own pick, the Lakers own Dallas' first-round pick, as long as it is not within the first 20 selections.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Beasley and Randolph are restricted free agents.  We can just let them walk and have 41 million in cap space...

Naturally, we'd find some draft pick and/or prospect for Ray as well as this would be part of a larger "blow it up" move.

Sota is above .500.  This gives them a chance to make the playoffs and possibly make some noise.  Pierce makes them better than Beasley can, gives them a mentor... someone to help them be competitive this year until Derrick WIlliams is ready to step up.  I think Beasley is on the market, because Derrick Williams is ultimately who will take that role (he's 20 years old and was a top pick) ... So I can't see Sota matching a big offer for Beasley in the offseason.  He's expendable despite the fact he's only 23.  Randolph is 22 and doesn't even play.  Some people use to think he had a ton of potential.  He can't find a role there.  I doubt they will lose sleep over throwing him in.

umm that makes no sense. Why would we trade PP for Guys who will be free agents next year that we can simply sign as free agents if we want them that bad, and if your reasoning is to open up more cap space by getting rid of PP contract that doesn't make sense either because they could just amnesty him if they wanted his salary gone that bad .

Only way I trade PP is if Derrick Williams is coming back as part of the deal .

I think I would do PP and Pietrus for Beasly, Williams and Randolph though
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:01:51 PM by rondohondo »

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 05:55:31 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think if we trade for beasley we will be giving up a first, based on the fact that the lakers also were asked for a first.
[ quote]
 The Minnesota Timberwolves offered to trade Michael Beasley to the Los Angeles Lakers for a first-round draft pick, but the Lakers turned them down, according to a league source.
[/quote]
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 06:02:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Beasley and Randolph are restricted free agents.  We can just let them walk and have 41 million in cap space...

Sota is above .500.  This gives them a chance to make the playoffs and possibly make some noise.  Pierce makes them better than Beasley can, gives them a mentor... someone to help them be competitive this year until Derrick WIlliams is ready to step up.  I think Beasley is on the market, because Derrick Williams is ultimately who will take that role (he's 20 years old and was a top pick) ... So I can't see Sota matching a big offer for Beasley in the offseason.  He's expendable despite the fact he's only 23.  Randolph is 22 and doesn't even play.  Some people use to think he had a ton of potential.  He can't find a role there.  I doubt they will lose sleep over throwing him in.

umm that makes no sense. Why would we trade PP for Guys who will be free agents next year that we can simply sign as free agents if we want them that bad.

Pierce doesn't have that kind of value.  You can't get derrick williams for him.  You'd be lucky to get a late 1st rounder for him.

Boston does this, because Pierce cripples our cap space next year... he makes 16 mil.  Trade him for a couple young prospects (beasley and randolph) and you have flexibility.  Go for broke in the offseason and if nobody noteworthy (ie: Dwight/Deron) is willing to sign, you just re-sign Jeff Green, Bass and hang onto Beasley and Randolph.  You start your long rebuild around them, Rondo and our two first rounders.

As-is we have 25 mil in cap space.  You'd have to offer significant money to Beasley and Randolph in order for Sota to NOT match, you understand?  Beasley's qualifying offer is 8 mil.  Randolph is 4 mil.  So you gotta figure you'd have to offer Beasley at least 12 and Randolph at least 7 for Sota to say "no thanks" and let them go (I know this contradicts what I just hypothesized... in that Sota wouldn't match... but I think if they can just retain them with qualifying offers they will probably do it).   That leaves you 6 mil total to sign Ray, KG, Jeff Green and Bass since you'd have to let go of their bird rights in order to obtain enough cap space to TRY and sign Beasley and Randolph.  In other words, it doesn't really work.

However, if you trade for them now... your worst case scenario you can at least have:

Rondo
Jeff Green (sign him if you want him)
Beasley (qualifying offer or match if you want)
Bass (he's opting out of 4 mil so you'll have to give him at LEAST 5 if you want him)
Randolph (4 mil minimum on his qualifying offer)

And if nothing happens to Ray and KG this season (and KG doesn't retire next season), you'd have the bird rights to retain them if you wanted them.

BTW, i'm on board with keeping KG (if he will stay) to mentor Beasley and Randolph

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2012, 06:05:31 PM »

Offline HUD4

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
This might be crazy but I just found a way to get the Cs into the playoffs and rebuild all at once...it would include multiple trades.

1st
Bos-Mo Williams LAC-Ray Allen
Deal works straight up and Williams can play 1 and 2

2nd
Bos-Cousins and Salmons SAC-Rondo, 1st Rd pick, filler(Stiemsma)

3rd
Bos-Beasley, Darko MIN-O'Neal, Wilcox/Bass, and Dooling (maybe a 2nd Rd pick or cash)

We'd end up with...
PG-Williams-Bradley
SG-Salmons-Pietrus-Moore-Daniels
SF-Pierce-Beasley-Pav
PF-Garnett-Bass/Wilcox-Johnson
C-Cousins-Darko

On bleacher report they said that the Kings could be willing to give up Cousins for Rondo and a pick but Salmons would have to be included to make it work. The Clipps need a SG and Ray is one of the best options out there. Mo Williams is a PG/SG and is a well known scorer and a vet guy (played with LeBron and did just fine) And finally we've heard the Minny deals with Beasley and straight up for O'Neal would be robbery. This would keep us highly competitive for years, keeping Rondo would be nice, but having Cousins would be ridiculous.

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 06:09:07 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Wow....

How are you going to blame Doc for this season?

Boston's offense has been problamatic throughout the entire New Big 3 era, even during the championship year.  My point is that if you take this team, swap out JO for Beasley, and you STILL have trouble scoring more than 85 points a game, it's no longer about talent or age or even pace.  It's about a coach who will not adjust his offensive scheme, no matter how poorly it performs.  Beasley won't fix the rebounding problem and he might make the defense worse, but you should at least be able to score with him.

Mike

« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2012, 06:09:47 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Beasley and Randolph are restricted free agents.  We can just let them walk and have 41 million in cap space...

Sota is above .500.  This gives them a chance to make the playoffs and possibly make some noise.  Pierce makes them better than Beasley can, gives them a mentor... someone to help them be competitive this year until Derrick WIlliams is ready to step up.  I think Beasley is on the market, because Derrick Williams is ultimately who will take that role (he's 20 years old and was a top pick) ... So I can't see Sota matching a big offer for Beasley in the offseason.  He's expendable despite the fact he's only 23.  Randolph is 22 and doesn't even play.  Some people use to think he had a ton of potential.  He can't find a role there.  I doubt they will lose sleep over throwing him in.

umm that makes no sense. Why would we trade PP for Guys who will be free agents next year that we can simply sign as free agents if we want them that bad.

Pierce doesn't have that kind of value.  You can't get derrick williams for him.  You'd be lucky to get a late 1st rounder for him.

Boston does this, because Pierce cripples our cap space next year... he makes 16 mil.  Trade him for a couple young prospects (beasley and randolph) and you have flexibility.  Go for broke in the offseason and if nobody noteworthy (ie: Dwight/Deron) is willing to sign, you just re-sign Jeff Green, Bass and hang onto Beasley and Randolph.  You start your long rebuild around them, Rondo and our two first rounders.

As-is we have 25 mil in cap space.  You'd have to offer significant money to Beasley and Randolph in order for Sota to NOT match, you understand?  Beasley's qualifying offer is 8 mil.  Randolph is 4 mil.  So you gotta figure you'd have to offer Beasley at least 12 and Randolph at least 7 for Sota to say "no thanks" and let them go (I know this contradicts what I just hypothesized... in that Sota wouldn't match... but I think if they can just retain them with qualifying offers they will probably do it).   That leaves you 6 mil total to sign Ray, KG, Jeff Green and Bass since you'd have to let go of their bird rights in order to obtain enough cap space to TRY and sign Beasley and Randolph.  In other words, it doesn't really work.

However, if you trade for them now... your worst case scenario you can at least have:

Rondo
Jeff Green (sign him if you want him)
Beasley (qualifying offer or match if you want)
Bass (he's opting out of 4 mil so you'll have to give him at LEAST 5 if you want him)
Randolph (4 mil minimum on his qualifying offer)

And if nothing happens to Ray and KG this season (and KG doesn't retire next season), you'd have the bird rights to retain them if you wanted them.

BTW, i'm on board with keeping KG (if he will stay) to mentor Beasley and Randolph
they can just amnesty PP if they want to free up more money. The only reason this type of trade would make sense is if they want to tank to get into the lottery

« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2012, 06:11:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Not a big fan of Beasley, but, if we aren't giving up much to get him it's worth a try.

JO and the one of our 1st's seems fair.  I'd do that.

« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 06:11:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
This might be crazy but I just found a way to get the Cs into the playoffs and rebuild all at once...it would include multiple trades.

1st
Bos-Mo Williams LAC-Ray Allen
Deal works straight up and Williams can play 1 and 2

2nd
Bos-Cousins and Salmons SAC-Rondo, 1st Rd pick, filler(Stiemsma)

3rd
Bos-Beasley, Darko MIN-O'Neal, Wilcox/Bass, and Dooling (maybe a 2nd Rd pick or cash)

We'd end up with...
PG-Williams-Bradley
SG-Salmons-Pietrus-Moore-Daniels
SF-Pierce-Beasley-Pav
PF-Garnett-Bass/Wilcox-Johnson
C-Cousins-Darko

On bleacher report they said that the Kings could be willing to give up Cousins for Rondo and a pick but Salmons would have to be included to make it work. The Clipps need a SG and Ray is one of the best options out there. Mo Williams is a PG/SG and is a well known scorer and a vet guy (played with LeBron and did just fine) And finally we've heard the Minny deals with Beasley and straight up for O'Neal would be robbery. This would keep us highly competitive for years, keeping Rondo would be nice, but having Cousins would be ridiculous.
That's a lot of Nut Jobs.  Cousins for ROndo and a pick is going to make people on here cringe, but I could be sold on it.  Cousins is on his rookie deal and is a beast of a young 21 year old big man.  He's got problems, but I guess so does Rondo.  I'll go with it, though.

Mo for Ray is garbage, though.  Mo is trash.  I'd want a future 1st out of it.

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12:36 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Give em  Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

first round picks for Beasley...we are rebuilding ... everybody teams want 1 st round picks this year REALL REALLY BAD.. they are too valuable down the line.

Givem Dooling and the one armed Bandit  (JO). and oh yeah..toss in.. Big Babies soiled underwear Rondo picked out of the Lost and Found box at the front office desk.

???