Author Topic: Rondo for Chris Paul in the Offseason  (Read 25270 times)

Re: Rondo for Chris Paul in the Offseason
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2011, 06:08:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'd probably do it straight up, but unfortunately NO is uninterested.

Normally yeah, but the Hornets are well aware that Paul is very likely to leave in free agency if they don't trade him.  It's pretty similar to the Melo situation, hopefully minus the drama.  

A trade centered around a talented young player like Rondo would be exactly the sort of offer they'd take a hard look at.

What if acquiring Jeff Green wasn't for our future, as much as it was for the attractiveness of future trades and the flexibility of signing and trading his contract to another team?

In light of NO potentially losing Paul for nothing, perhaps something like a package of Rondo, Jeff Green, Glen Davis, and Cleveland's draft pick that we acquired in the midseason trade for CP3 would work. That would be amazing, and would put us in a prime position to sign Dwight Howard in 2012.

Why am I already daydreaming about impossible trade scenarios when it's not even the start of our playoff run yet??

Its hard to see your team broken up.  But, the end of the road is close at hand for the big three .   

I like Rhondo , but in a trade that would bring CP3 and D12 to Boston would be a tuff combo to beat.

I would vote ...YES .... for this .  I think if Boston needs C12 in order to not just make the playoffs , BUT be a REAL contender every year , they are going to need DW at center.  No matter who else LA, Heat, Bulls have added to their team, DW gives the Celtics a chance every year .

Atlanta is selling off players.

I would like to see AL Horford replace KG , and CP3 and D12 , and Paul Pierce lead the way for the Celtics. 

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The way Chris Paul played today makes this thread even more interesting.

If he can manage to play this way the entire series? Wow.

I believe that our Rondo will be wowing us here over the next few weeks, too.

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2011, 07:01:04 PM »

Offline scoop1977

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
New Orleans won't trade Paul as long as they are owned by the NBA and it's extremely unlikely they'll get a new ownership during the off-season.

If he becomes available, I'd expect the Clippers to put up the best offer for him:

Eric Gordon and Kamman's expiring plus a combination of Eric Bledsoe/Aminu/Jordan/whoever they draft in the lottery this season,/the Wolves' pick next season (probably a lottery one)/some of their future picks.

No way can Boston (or any other team for that matter) compete with that.

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2011, 08:04:41 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
New Orleans won't trade Paul as long as they are owned by the NBA and it's extremely unlikely they'll get a new ownership during the off-season.

If he becomes available, I'd expect the Clippers to put up the best offer for him:

Eric Gordon and Kamman's expiring plus a combination of Eric Bledsoe/Aminu/Jordan/whoever they draft in the lottery this season,/the Wolves' pick next season (probably a lottery one)/some of their future picks.

Well part of the trade I would assume is Paul would have to agree to an extension KG style.  I'm not sure he would want to go to Clipperland. 

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2011, 08:10:48 PM »

Offline scoop1977

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6

Well part of the trade I would assume is Paul would have to agree to an extension KG style.  I'm not sure he would want to go to Clipperland. 

Why not? Him and Blake Griffin would be the best 1/2 punch in the league and they'd still have enough assets to build a championship supporting cast around them. Big city too.

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2011, 08:12:33 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Rondo + Green would have to be extremely tempting for New Orleans from a talent perspective.  Rondo's an extremely valuable trade chip.  Back-to-back All-Star, 25 years old and still some untapped potential, plus a well-regarded 24-year old former #5 pick. 

Were Paul to demand a trade/indicate his intention not to resign, they might prefer to add a big or wing though.  Jarret Jack's a starting quality point and under contract for a few years.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri