Author Topic: Bradley played really well tonight!  (Read 13330 times)

Re: Bradley played really well tonight!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 10:47:46 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Booker got 25 the other night

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 11:24:36 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Unless Bradley can consistently knock down outside shots, he is going to struggle for minutes in this league. His defense is a given. It is superlative.

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 03:04:35 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Seems to me like the Red Claws are the right level of play for Bradley right now.  A good combination of games and practice under the watchful eye of an Ainge coordinating with his dad. 

I agree with this.  This season in the D-League is the sophomore season he really, really needed but never had.

He gambles waaaay more on defense than he will ever get away with in the NBA, but I guess they're letting him make mistakes now because defense will be his NBA calling card.

He does seem to be thinking more like a PG the past couple of games, which suggests that he's coachable--a big, big plus.  But that also accounts for the turnovers.  Some awful, awful passes--but that will eventually stop.

He's really raw, but so far I like what I've seen.
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I kind of thought of him as a wasted pick, but actually the only rookies picked after him doing anything of note more than him are James Anderson, Landry Fields, Solomon Alabi, Luke H, and Derick Character

I guess Quincy Pondexter and Trevor Booker have gotten a bit of play time.

Very few of those guys could help us much.

Luke H makesup for some of the sting.

It was a down year. At least we got a good defender

I've still ultimately got more hope for Bradley than for Gody.

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 07:29:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Glad to see his overall FT% is up to 83.3% (although 67% in this game). We need that. We can't afford to have another guard shooting around 50%. (I'm talkin' to you Rajon!!!)

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 07:55:04 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I kind of thought of him as a wasted pick, but actually the only rookies picked after him doing anything of note more than him are James Anderson, Landry Fields, Solomon Alabi, Luke H, and Derick Character

Landry Fields hurts the most.  He would have been a huge boost to our thin wing rotation.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 08:23:56 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Avery Bradley wasn't a 'now' move.  We picked him up with the expectation that we could shape his growth and turn him into a very good player in due time - all of the tools are there for him.  In the meantime, I think Ainge and Doc felt that he wouldn't be a disaster in emergency minutes - he wasn't necessarily impressive in his time in Boston, but he also didn't hurt us (just keep him away from Jeff Teague for now).  

I actually think that, on a lesser team that could afford to throw him into the fire, he'd already be a serviceable player - kinda like what Philly did with Jrue Holiday, or the Clippers with Bledsoe.  What he needs more than anything is practice and playing time.  Since we can't give that to him in Boston, this stint in Maine is exactly what he needs.

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I've still ultimately got more hope for Bradley than for Gody.
Agreed.  I think Gody's upside is Ryan Gomes, a hard-working tweener who can e a role player and spot starter.  Avery, OTOH, has some special talent, loads of athleticism, and is a good height (6'3" I think) for a point guard.

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 09:45:19 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Landry Fields hurts the most.  He would have been a huge boost to our thin wing rotation.

I'm not really broken up about it.  Yes, Fields was a steal, but he was a guy who flew under everybody's radar.  He was projected to go undrafted.  Knicks fans were p---ed as an initial reaction to Fields being drafted.  This message board seems to have some pretty knowledgeable posters, but I don't think anyone here suggested Fields before the draft as a potential sleeper pick for the second pick that ended up being used on Harangody.

And if Ainge was someone who secretly liked Landry, he should have been targeting him with that second-round pick anyways.

So, yeah, Fields is a player that the Celtics could have used, but he wasn't really a plausible choice for the team to draft.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference